Where to play - Long Island, NY

Wow. I just posted the same thread minutes ago. Then saw yours.
LOL. Hope we get some answers as I am heading there myself.
 
maxeypad2007 said:
Where are good places to play in Long Island, NY. I don't have time exactly to make it to the city.

This should give you some locations -
http://www.pool-table-rules.com/pool_association/pool_halls/new-york.php


Some of the locations are in New York City and upstate but a lot are in Nassau and Suffolk counties - if this is you first time to the Island and are not familiar with the town - let me know and I'll point them out - Jackson
 
I haven't been to Leisure Time in years but it's known for being a very strong room. I'd be surprised if anything has changed. Raxx is also an excellent suggestion. AMF tables, the owner plays, date-worthy atmosphere and the last I was there (a few months ago), the whole room was recently reclothed.
 
Leisure Time has been dead for about 2 years already, I was there in March and it was dead. There's a place called "Good Fellows" on the island, but I forgot what town, maybe Seldon I think, and RAXX in Hempstead is great also. There are a lot of good halls on L.I., just look in the phone book when you get there, good luck.
 
mr cue billiards

maxeypad2007 said:
Where are good places to play in Long Island, NY. I don't have time exactly to make it to the city.
in lindenhurst go to mr cue billiards its on 76 e sunrise highway plenty of guys to gamble cheap or decent stakes about 16 gold crowns 4 bar tables and a nice billiard table.
 
theres a place in farmingdale called cafe royale. the room isn't really great, but its attached to a strip club right around the back.
 
223tracer said:
theres a place in farmingdale called cafe royale. the room isn't really great, but its attached to a strip club right around the back.
poolroom closed down the strip club is still there but the other side is no longer a poolhall its a sex toy store
 
Jeffrey Gale said:
Leisure Time has been dead for about 2 years already, I was there in March and it was dead. There's a place called "Good Fellows" on the island, but I forgot what town, maybe Seldon I think, and RAXX in Hempstead is great also. There are a lot of good halls on L.I., just look in the phone book when you get there, good luck.


Wait, "dead" meaning there are no more players there or it's no longer? I mean, that would be a bit sad considering the talent that came out of that room.
 
Jude Rosenstock said:
Wait, "dead" meaning there are no more players there or it's no longer? I mean, that would be a bit sad considering the talent that came out of that room.

The room is still there. I believe they still have weekly tournaments and host the occasional Blaze event, but the ownership has change and some better players, including Joey K, are no longer regulars. The tables are still maintained so it is worth a visit if you are in the area.
 
Back
Top