Where to play pool, Duluth GA/League

shawnxpacs

Registered
Hello,

My name is Shawn and Ive played in a pool league for 6 years in Korea http://www.itaewonpool.org and justed moved to duluth GA 30097. I was wondering if there is a league I can join? Can you tell me if there are any pool halls around my area that also has a league? Please let me know, I just want to get out of the house and play some stick. Thank you for taking the time to read this. What is the difference between APA and BCA? I just want to play pool with good players.

trey

Registered
The Pool Room is in Duluth. Nice place, non-smoking, and all 9 foot Gold Crowns.

3550 Mall Boulevard Northwest
Duluth, GA 30096-4709
(770) 418-9086

NoBull9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pool Room in Duluth is now called Purple Rain Bca leagues have moved out.You need to contact Curtis Hale for bca locations.Your best bet is going to be Mr.Q's2 in Chamblee they don't offer bca but have apa 6 days a week and a few tournaments Monday 9ball open to everyone.Wed 1 pocket,Friday 9ball no A players.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
i tried to stay away from this 'cause it's a sore spot for me. the pool room in duluth is no more. as previously stated it's now called purple rain. all of us who played league there were told by one of the owners herself that it is going to be turned into a martini / tapas bar with maybe 6 of the 30 or so tables left for i don't know who to play on. don't know when that's going to happen but they ran all of the leagues out of there and if i may say treated the bca fairly well and the apa like s*it on the way out (i played both). if you live up that way cues is a short hop down 85 and they run tons of leagues. curtis is running his old bca division out of two dave and busters locations last i heard (steve reynolds and discover mills) the apa is trying to run things out of dave and busters (steve reynolds) last i heard. i have heard the guy who runs the bca south is trying to get a tuesday bca at mr. cues, they run apa sun - thurs and have open 9 ball handicapped on mon, c and d handicapped 9 ball on fri, and handicapped 1 hole tourneys on wed night. you can also find action at cues something the pool room didn't have for months before they changed. i will quote john schmidt and say i would rather be eaten by a goat and shit off a cliff than ever put two dollars in thier pockets. i skipped my last two weeks of league just so i wouldn't have to go in that hell hole again.

kyo1128

Risa Yoshiki is HOT also
Silver Member
Jason, I got the $200 table for last Sat night!!;)
http://purplerainatl.com/table_reservations.html
LOL. I sent u a PM by the way. I still don't know why I keep on going there, but I have no where better to go, I guess. Last time I was there (last thurs maybe?), tables were still there with BCA on it's last legs. They installed 2 big speakers (GHETTO SPEAKERS!!) and blast it after 9PM. Enough reason for me to stop playing and get drunk on $4 miller lites and $7 Tang Tonic.

Well if you played in Korea, I'm sure you don't have any hesitation by going to some of the pool halls in Duluth that are Korean owned. One right by my house on N Berkeley Lake Rd (Between Buford HWY and Pleasant Hill inside International mall near Wal-mart and H-mart) has pool room that is always filled up. I'm not Korean but I was going to venture there one of these days but haven't. They had two rooms inside that mall, both Korean but one of them went out of business so other one was probably better, I assume.

Good luck and let us know what you found.
Kyo

"Popeye"

living vicariously
Silver Member
i tried to stay away from this 'cause it's a sore spot for me. the pool room in duluth is no more. as previously stated it's now called purple rain. all of us who played league there were told by one of the owners herself that it is going to be turned into a martini / tapas bar with maybe 6 of the 30 or so tables left for i don't know who to play on. don't know when that's going to happen but they ran all of the leagues out of there and if i may say treated the bca fairly well and the apa like s*it on the way out (i played both). if you live up that way cues is a short hop down 85 and they run tons of leagues. curtis is running his old bca division out of two dave and busters locations last i heard (steve reynolds and discover mills) the apa is trying to run things out of dave and busters (steve reynolds) last i heard. i have heard the guy who runs the bca south is trying to get a tuesday bca at mr. cues, they run apa sun - thurs and have open 9 ball handicapped on mon, c and d handicapped 9 ball on fri, and handicapped 1 hole tourneys on wed night. you can also find action at cues something the pool room didn't have for months before they changed. i will quote john schmidt and say i would rather be eaten by a goat and shit off a cliff than ever put two dollars in thier pockets. i skipped my last two weeks of league just so i wouldn't have to go in that hell hole again.

I'm not a huge fan of mr cues, plus it's smoking, but that's all there is now next to Classic Billiards in Conyers. Thank G-D I have a 7ft diamond smart table in my basement. I'm going to play more at home, play on the road on business trips, invite friends over to play, and play in big tourneys when i can, like the ones being held at Classic Billiards. I know they are smoking too but the tables are great. Jason, if you want to shoot some at my house sometime, drop me a PM.
Cheers, Mark
Mark

bmccaslin

Registered Human
Silver Member
How is Classic Billiards in Conyers set up (number and size of tables)? I hear they've got Diamond Tables there; if so I'd love to go out there to practice and/or play in some tournaments from time to time.

Thanks,

Brian

"Popeye"

living vicariously
Silver Member
How is Classic Billiards in Conyers set up (number and size of tables)? I hear they've got Diamond Tables there; if so I'd love to go out there to practice and/or play in some tournaments from time to time.

Thanks,

Brian

I was there for the last GSBT. They have 6-8 7ft's along the right side wall when you walk in. 9ft's are placed in various locations on the left side, maybe 5-6 tables? All diamonds. Nice!
Mark

abe

Banned

Thanks,

Brian

Classic Billirads has eight 7' and eight 9' tables all Diamonds. Its is the BEST ACTION ROOM in the SE right now.

robsproshop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there for the last GSBT. They have 6-8 7ft's along the right side wall when you walk in. 9ft's are placed in various locations on the left side, maybe 5-6 tables? All diamonds. Nice!
Mark

theres 8- 7 ft and 8- 9 ft all diamonds