Which cue case would you buy?

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

teebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own #3 and although it is not as nice looking as #2 it is extremely durable and functional. Lots of pocket room and the seperate areas for shafts and butts is very nice. The spring loaded tubes are great. I would definitely recommend this case. Case # 1 appears to be a fancier version of this same case so it should be just as good if you like the way it looks.

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kobyp said:
If it were me, I would go for #2

Can I ask you why you would go for the #2? Is it because of the design or the functionality, or something else?

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
teebee said:
I own #3 and although it is not as nice looking as #2 it is extremely durable and functional. Lots of pocket room and the seperate areas for shafts and butts is very nice. The spring loaded tubes are great. I would definitely recommend this case. Case # 1 appears to be a fancier version of this same case so it should be just as good if you like the way it looks.

I'm wondering, does the #3 case, have also tubes for the shaft? And if yes, does the shafts also got spring loaded? Or is it only for the butts.

justpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would buy none,you wonder why the good paying jobs for us are slowly weeding out in the US? Buy USA made cases cheap to expensive better quality guiseppe,whitten,justis,murnak,thomas, porper Its george-back in operation & many more on the market. If Money is a issue save up! Wake up people. ;) ;) ;)

teebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Case # 3 has spring loaded tubes for butts and shafts and a seperate jump cue handle pocket. Very useful case. Very unpretentios but nice look.

acedotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't help you with your choice, but I just received my new case a couple days ago, an Instroke ISPR37 - Premier 3 Butt/7 Shaft Pool Cue Case, for $167. I took it to the pool room yesterday and, though I said nothing to bring attention to it, 3 or 4 players expressed their envy or said something unprintable here to that effect.

ispr37.jpg

kobyp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WesleyW said:
Can I ask you why you would go for the #2? Is it because of the design or the functionality, or something else?

I've never owned a case the style of #1 or #3, I just chose #2 b/c it's what I'm used to and I've had many cases similar to this and they have always had good protection and storage space.

Just my opinion, partially inexperienced opinion because I have never used the other style of case.

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
I like the # 2. It appears (from the pix) to be made with better quality and detail.

S.

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
If I HAD to buy one of those three, I would get #2

I don't like the shaft holders on 1 or 3...The sides of the flap closure leaves the shafts exposed to the elements.

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
justpool said:
I would buy none,you wonder why the good paying jobs for us are slowly weeding out in the US? Buy USA made cases cheap to expensive better quality guiseppe,whitten,justis,murnak,thomas, porper Its george-back in operation & many more on the market. If Money is a issue save up! Wake up people. ;) ;) ;)

I'm not from the USA. If I'm gonna buy US made cases, I need to import those cases. Shipping will cost me like $50. My budget is only limited to around $100. These 3 cases I like the most with this budget.

Thanks all for the answers. I appreciate it very much. I'm think to buy the #3. But more opinions/answers will be welcome.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
I have #3 on your list and it's decent, very sturdy. However it lets the cues rattle too much inside, so I'm ordering a 2x4 John Barton case as soon as I can.

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BRKNRUN said:
If I HAD to buy one of those three, I would get #2

I don't like the shaft holders on 1 or 3...The sides of the flap closure leaves the shafts exposed to the elements.

It looks like this. But I don't think it will harm the shafts.

DSC05581.jpg

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hierovision said:
I have #3 on your list and it's decent, very sturdy. However it lets the cues rattle too much inside, so I'm ordering a 2x4 John Barton case as soon as I can.

Have you ever encounter some dents, scratches, marks on your butts/shafts because of the rattleing? I've seen the cases and it sure rattles a lot.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Case

This is a MUCH better version of that 3 x 5 case (for instance the J&J has cheap handle, case doesn't look good). The Elite case has industrial rubber handle, built much better, Crocodile pattern in Black or Brown (Think the brown one is best looking), good price:

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cases/action/elite-elnr35.htm

I have a 3 x 5 case similiar to this one only mine is Action brand. I find it to be the most convenient case to use that I have ever had. I also got my brother another model of Elite Case from here, a 2 x 4 (up higher on page with cell phone pocket, burgundy color), and he is real pleased with it.

teebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hierovision said:
I have never noticed any damage to my cues and I am quite fussy, but if I could afford a JB case I would toss my present case in a heartbeat. You are lucky to be getting one of his cases. The ones I have seen are as much a work of art as they are a cue case.

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
This is a MUCH better version of that 3 x 5 case (for instance the J&J has cheap handle, case doesn't look good). The Elite case has industrial rubber handle, built much better, Crocodile pattern in Black or Brown (Think the brown one is best looking), good price:

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cases/action/elite-elnr35.htm

I have a 3 x 5 case similiar to this one only mine is Action brand. I find it to be the most convenient case to use that I have ever had. I also got my brother another model of Elite Case from here, a 2 x 4 (up higher on page with cell phone pocket, burgundy color), and he is real pleased with it.

The picture shown isn't the best picture available. But it should look the same as this one: http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cases/action/images/eln35.jpg

I've seen the crocodile pattern. It sure look nice, but it's only 4B6S. I haven't seen a 3B5S with the same pattern selling around here yet.

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
teebee said:
I have never noticed any damage to my cues and I am quite fussy, but if I could afford a JB case I would toss my present case in a heartbeat. You are lucky to be getting one of his cases. The ones I have seen are as much a work of art as they are a cue case.

Thanks for the info. It sure helps me, making my choice. And the JB cases does look nice :cool: