White Diamonds

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Field at White Diamonds seems to be a bit shy this time. Is there another big event pulling players away?

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only change I know of in the this event has been run is that they had to go Non-smoking. Like it or not smoke-free is not good for pool.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only change I know of in the this event has been run is that they had to go Non-smoking. Like it or not smoke-free is not good for pool.

Smoke free didn't seem to hurt the Texas open 10 ball about a month ago. I think it helped it.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just saying that's the only change I'm aware of, it could be something else but no one is offering what that could be. I'm just guessing but I would guess cigarette smoking is very common in the Louisiana culture around the bars and poolrooms.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calcutta is down for this event, but 1st place total payout is still around 18k name any other $40 entry event that can come close to that.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
For what its worth...
In my area N. IL & S. Wi., near the lake.

Not only is smoking in bars (and outside) way down so is drinking.
Around 5 years ago I noticed the Speed Rails less stocked, as was the back bar shelves.

On the other side, law has stepped up DUI pullovers in the same 5-ish years.
Smart driving move or everyone near broke in those 5 years?

It's actually nice to not smell last nights stagnate smoke in the morning. :thumbup:

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Hate to break this to you BUT, bar-tables aren't going anywhere. IF they did pool in this country would go from life-support to dead-n-buried.

Bar tables are slightly down, per-capita but that could be due to millennials less interest. Electronic darts is up, equipment cost difference? Tool size 36" case vs 3.6" pouch that fits in your pocket?

BUT... I'm not out in all the different bars like I used to... grains of sand running low in the hourglass.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just saying that's the only change I'm aware of, it could be something else but no one is offering what that could be. I'm just guessing but I would guess cigarette smoking is very common in the Louisiana culture around the bars and poolrooms.

Is there a new ban?

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
white diamond

Calcutta is down for this event, but 1st place total payout is still around 18k name any other $40 entry event that can come close to that.

When the champions can't buy half themselves it's just a $40 event though. Looks like some of the regular guys stayed in Kansas after Olathe for Wichita.

How much did the few top players there go for each?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When the champions can't buy half themselves it's just a $40 event though. Looks like some of the regular guys stayed in Kansas after Olathe for Wichita.

How much did the few top players there go for each?
Danny Smith was 1st blind he went for 1500 and he bought himself i think.That was very early in the morning and some of the main money guys were not there yet.

Some of the other top guys went for more after the top bidders starting buying players.

Almost all of the top guys have at least half this event is all about the calcutta money that's why they are all here

Many players sell for 40-100 bucks that's a hell of a score to snap off lol

29136437_589519128073831_3892875090563432448_o.jpg

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost

Iba7467 and I were talking about coming down. We have been on a hell of a run in calcuttas. He went to Key West instead and we had a good local tourney. Won a few bucks in that calcutta. We came down twice to WD and bought a couple guys and it is certainly a great show to see.

Thanks.