Who Does Leather Repair/Mods to Cue Cases?

coryjeb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know who would do modifications to a cue case. I found a real nice case I like, but do not quite like the configuration of the pouch(it's not quite big enough) and I personally do not care for a shoulder strap which it has. I really don't want to sell it, unless these mods were very expensive.

The mods I would like are- having the pouch made larger and removing the shoulder strap and replacing it with a handle. Nothing to the actual cue storage part.

The case is similar in contruction to a Whitten, but it's not the typical oval design. It's sort of a triangular shape and I really like how it's designed. It's got the nice soft/smooth black leather and the pouch and tubes are actaully lined with a suede or real soft leather instead of felt.

BTW, the case is made by New York Case and I really couldn't find anyhing on the web. The person I got it from said it was approx. 7-8 years old, if any of this info helps.

I haven't the slightest clue as to to what would be involved here, money wise or time involved, so ANY help would be appreciated.

Cory
 
Try contacting John Barton at JB Cases. He will make a custom case to any design you like, and does beautiful work. I would imagine he could make the changes you are looking for on your case. I have no idea what it would cost.
Steve
 
What you want done to the case requires it to be pretty much completely disassembled.

I am sure that a competent luggage repair shop could handle your request but the cost would probably be quite a lot.

My advice to you is to study how your case was made as best you can so that you understand how to deconstruct it.

Then shop around on the web and see if you can contact some leather workers who might be interested in doing the modification project.

I would be interested only for the opportunity to study another New York Case but I have too much work at the moment to take on this project.

If you are in the New York area you might want to call Jim Murnak and see if he will take a look. He is pretty busy but he may take it on or at least offer you some good advice as to how to proceed.
 
I've had work done to several cases by shoe repair shops. The ones I've dealt with all did a good job, and I thought the prices were reasonable.
 
John- I tried to send this via PM, but you are full.

Can you tell me anything about New York Case. How long were they made, from when to when, why did they stop, possible way to contact, ect.

Thank you for the info fella's.
 
Back
Top