Who is the lady in the centrum commericial??

Jeeves

you are in range!!!
Silver Member
also I know I am setting myself up here but I am off to the Penn State Blue White Game this weekend. Where are the best places to shoot pool? and not just oogle at young co-eds.

Jeeves:D
 
There isn't a good quality pool hall in State College anymore. You can either go to Lou's Stick Room in the basement of Champs on North Atherton or Northland Lanes on Martin Street.

The tables at Lou's are in real need of restoration right now. Haven't been refelted in about two years and some tables have mismatched slates. Combine this with tight pockets and its a nightmare. Once they do refinish the tables though, it will be a Nirvana again, especially for one pocket players.

Northland Lanes just finished remodeling and in the process moved all the tables back and forth and now they all have bad leans to them. The pockets are pretty big and the felt is nice, so once you adjust to the lean you should be able to put something together. I heard that the owner is looking to replace all the tables with higher quality ones and turn it into a real pool hall.

I would like to play you, but I already have plans with the wife to go to the Casinos out east. Two ships...
 
I think your priorites are reversed. oogle then play. Or do both. I played at Lou's two years ago. It was OK. I am a little surprised that there isn't a better select of places to play. There are probably some tables on campus.
 
kaznj said:
I think your priorites are reversed. oogle then play. Or do both. I played at Lou's two years ago. It was OK. I am a little surprised that there isn't a better select of places to play. There are probably some tables on campus.

I did forget about the Corner Pocket at the HUB on campus. Haven't been there in over a year, but it should be pretty decent. I just don't like hangin' with the students; this is a common trait of the 'townies' that I seem to have inherited after graduating.

As for Lou's, it was fantastic about two years ago, but like I said, they haven't put a buck into more than chalk probably since you were last here. Part of the problem may also be that all of the action players left/stopped coming to town a ways back, so there is no need to try and keep their business anymore.
 
thanks for the help

off to the tailgate and then will see if i can shoot straight:D
 
white won!!!

well when you are playing your teamates. the 70000 plus strong fans had great time and the jean skirts all looked good. talk with you all soon.

jeeves
 
Last edited:
Back
Top