Who made these Thomas cases?

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Nobody really seemed to know, one said definitely not Ron Thomas, another said Ron did make cases like these before the It's George style.

It does not matter in the end who made it, but I am curious as to who actually made these cases.

Does anyone know? Link to the site below and a couple pictures of the case. Bottom picture, it's the case in the front, the rear case is Giuseppe.

http://www.discountpoolcues.com/tho...SFea2GJ5tyP1sREq3ZzpymEXZABjev49UQsaw9AN3wpDo

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you find yourself with no other leads, I would try asking Meucci who made their cases with the white and red diamond.

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Turns out it may actually be an early Ron Thomas brand case before the removable lid style. Looking more so than not at the moment but no hard evidence. To me it does look a lot like the zippered Meucci cases, almost identical minus the Diamond. Guess nobody knows who made those?

Last edited:

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I recall correctly, I think someone overseas made an offer to Ron to produce cases in his name, and he came close to pulling the trigger but the quality was not up to his standards. I think this might have been in that same time period, and maybe that manufacturer made a run of these cases. I think they were available in similar configurations to the Giuseppe models. Ultimately the deal fell through and Ron now builds his cases in Lafayette, Louisiana. The manufacturer was overseas (not sure but think China). Not certain of some of these details, but that is what I recall. These cases are not common, but IMO aren't very valuable either. I would price it if you are selling similar to a Giuseppe.