Who will make a custom shaft for me?

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
I decided to keep my Meucci for now and I need new shaft for it. I want to use rings from my old black dot shaft or if this is not possible, than let a cue maker match rings using hes own material. Now, should I get a 314 without rings and match it with my butt or rather just a plain custom shaft?

Attachments

• MEUCCI.GIF
    MEUCCI.GIF
    11.2 KB · Views: 342

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just order one from Meucci directly, unless you don't want a Meucci shaft......

sometimes a cue maker can save/reuse a joint ring, but not easily.....at least that has been my experience.

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
Bamacues said:
Just order one from Meucci directly, unless you don't want a Meucci shaft......

sometimes a cue maker can save/reuse a joint ring, but not easily.....at least that has been my experience.
Well, I don't want Meucci shaft. I decided to keep the butt because I like its look. I just need to find out if those old rings can be reused on a new shaft or else.

Teddy Harris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BAZARUS said:
Well, I don't want Meucci shaft. I decided to keep the butt because I like its look. I just need to find out if those old rings can be reused on a new shaft or else.
Sure, the old rings can be used for the new shaft. You can email me from my website.

Shorty

A banger at best...
Silver Member
My advice,

Buy what's called a Predator blank, commonly sells for $140. Find a local cuemaker that can mate it up with your Meucci, should be very simple to do, and he should not charge you much to do it. All he has to do is match the rings and put in the insert...maybe squirt a little finish on it. Unless the ringwork is super complicated, a local guy should be able to do it with ease.

There are a few cuemakers here that can do it as well...use your own discretion or PM me for my opinion.

Thanks,
Shorty

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know someone that had me make a set of JP's for one of those pp's just like yours when they first came out. he was happy with his shaft at the time, but Alot of meucci players use a predator on theirs that I know of. The thread size should be 5/16x18, and is actually one of the most common sizes. Depending on the type of insert used, Most makers & some repair guys should be able to handle It with no major problems. There are quite a few people on AZ that can do It, Like Ted here mentioning He could, or even a local guy if setup for that sort of thing. If you want to save your ring work, then I suggest getting someone very experienced & well setup for It, because not much room to true things up after reinstalling the old ringwork, without having to build the finish up thick to match the butt. It needs to be centered perfectly with the insert & shaft blank for best results IMO.
Just me, but If It were me, I would keep the old shaft original, and just get the closest match I could for the predator ring work. Seems like an mp ivory material may match the material in that cue, but without seeing the 2 side by side could not be for sure, and the brown ring could probably be bored and cut from a piece of Coco.
Good Luck with it.
G

BAZARUS said:
I decided to keep my Meucci for now and I need new shaft for it. I want to use rings from my old black dot shaft or if this is not possible, than let a cue maker match rings using hes own material. Now, should I get a 314 without rings and match it with my butt or rather just a plain custom shaft?

have mueller make you some extra shaft there good quality and there pretty cheap.Check out there web site..

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
matthew staton said:
have mueller make you some extra shaft there good quality and there pretty cheap.Check out there web site..

thanx

I have contacted them and I'm waiting for what they have to say.