Who wrote the book on cue building ?

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick

I would like to read the Spain and DPK cue books if you have time to send them to my email. I have been building for about 5 years and like to learn, I have read and re read your method of when you install the pin and ferrule. Anyway thanks if you can send them. Leonard Holmes at poolcuemaster@carolina.rr.com.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as the OP's topic is concerned, I would have to say that Harvey Martin comes to mind. He did a lot of innovative things in cuemaking, and his style has been passed down into a very popular form of cuebuilding we still see today. I think it's ok to say what works and what doesn't to a degree. Martin apparently messed around with putting weights behind the ferrule to "obtain more contact time between the tip and cue ball"... In today's world, most people would say that's a no-no as it creates massive deflection. Bob Meucci also did some very innovative things with cues. Some practices have died out, some stay around. I'm sure most people who read this area of the forum have read some of the threads that pop up about proper ferrule installation techniques. Even something so simple is hotly debated amongst today's cue makers and repair men.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that the art of cue making is constantly evolving. I think that there are cue makers out there that are quietly doing innovative things that we and other cue makers won't know about for several years. Just too much creativeness and dedication for it not to be happening.