Whoa...that's different!

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Layout is cool. I agree about the grey; it's too drab and hard on the eyes. I also preferred Dea's logo as I thought it was stylish and clever.

KingCarom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont mind change

...but the color scheme sucks and needs some work. Add some color and a little contrast so you can visually pick out the body of a message easier.

The all-grey look feels like a rainy cold Monday morning. No really, thats how I really feel ;)

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
showboat said:
Just now I accidently closed the page and when I reopened it the new look popped up....I thought I did a booboo...LOLz

Just giving my 2 cents.

Nice to see some changes!

Here is what I see with this one.

The billiard balls look nice, but this may be temproary, but the load time seems to have really slowed things down.

This is what I mentioned when we discussed the differnt options on the other thred. This is a real space hog, especially when the posts are small and/or the avatar is big. It will take 3 times more scrolling to read a thread. The member info REALLY needs to go to the right of the name to save scrolling space. These are the kind of things that you have to consider in long term use.

The background color is not a big enough contrast to black text...this, as others have already stated, is not pleasent for the reading. Without visualy testing it, giving suggestion on that is tough to do.

OTHERWISE, it's a start.

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it.

Also clicked on Calendar and noticed it showed the entire month with everyones birthdays and ages if given. hmmm

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
alpine9430 said:
Reading the threads does appear to strain the eyes.
Maybe a lighter shade for the back ground would help where the text would not be washed out as much.

But I like the new look!
I've lightened the background to #eee; - that's about as close as you can get to #fff (white) as you can get.

I'll gladly hear any other suggestions y'all have.

Please do give it a chance. It'll grow on you, probably.

P.S. Plus you can do neat things like collapse posts. Click on this icon to give it a try:
collapse_thead.gif

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blues would be nice, and now I have to scroll over if someone posts a long lined post??

weird now they just don't go off the page.... full moon just about over

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Like the look, but not how it sizes the posts. Way to much white space for a line of text.

RunArak

Dead Account
Silver Member
Nice

I like it quite a bit. Nice change and much cleaner than the previous skin. It is a bit tough on the eyes, but overall, a noted improvement.

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jsp said:
EDIT: Also, it takes up way too much space if someone has a brief message with a fairly big avatar.

I agree with you there, this will be more of a problem on those really long threads. Other than that I like the new look, it's kind of like a more modern version of the old one.

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
Donovan said:
Nice to see some changes!
I told y'all making logos to wait. :)

Donovan said:
The billiard balls look nice, but this may be temproary, but the load time seems to have really slowed things down.
It's likely the old images were in your cache. As these images load up and get stored in your cache, the speed should return to normal.

This style DOES use a few more images overall than the old, default one, which did a lot in tables. So it'll be a tad slower. Somewhere around 10%, depending on your computer speed, internet connection speed, size of your cache, etc.

Donovan said:
This is what I mentioned when we discussed the differnt options on the other thred. This is a real space hog, especially when the posts are small and/or the avatar is big. It will take 3 times more scrolling to read a thread. The member info REALLY needs to go to the right of the name to save scrolling space. These are the kind of things that you have to consider in long term use.
Changes of that nature can be made. We'll likely tweak the templates in the coming days...

The alternative is to look at the fact that if y'all can have a lot more room for signatures. :) J/K - we can make changes. This is a decent one.

Donovan said:
The background color is not a big enough contrast to black text...this, as others have already stated, is not pleasent for the reading. Without visualy testing it, giving suggestion on that is tough to do.
As stated, it's been lightened. Can go lighter, too, if you want... I'm going to lighten some other areas soon, too.

karambolista

noypi toits
Silver Member
Me Like It

I like the new style. I just bought a 19" lcd monitor and the previews style was too bright for my eyes.

I left my pc on last night and when I did a refresh this morning it was all different. And I'm like wwwwhhooooooaaaaa.....

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
Can we "try on some other skins" to see how any others look?
This was the chosen one (please, no jokes about that, I know it sounds kinda religious or funny).

It costs money and time to "try" different skins. I've hacked this one up a little bit to replace some of the default images, some of the colors, etc. and am willing to do some more work on this, as well as to re-arrange some of the sidebar/avatar stuff.

Just to clarify, I offered to help with this and Mike took me up on it. I'm temporarily an admin so that I could make the proper changes, and when the new style is "done" being hacked up and changed around, I'll likely revert to being a happy, standard "registered user" once again.

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
karambolista said:
I like the new style. I just bought a 19" lcd monitor and the previews style was too bright for my eyes.

I left my pc on last night and when I did a refresh this morning it was all different. And I'm like wwwwhhooooooaaaaa.....
Must be the new monitor!

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
Varsity2016 said:
its too straining on my eyes, this forum sucks
For those unwilling to give the new look a try for a day or two OR for those who simply know that they like the default style better, scroll to the bottom and choose "AzBilliards vB 3 Style" from the popup menu (lower left corner of this and just about every page).

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iacas said:
For those unwilling to give the new look a try for a day or two OR for those who simply know that they like the default style better, scroll to the bottom and choose "AzBilliards vB 3 Style" from the popup menu (lower left corner of this and just about every page).
Thanks for supplying the antidote. :)

Iacas, we all appreciate your help trying to make AZ a more happenin' place. However, I honestly feel more at ease with the other skin. I'll continue to use the old skin. Thanks though! :)

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
iacas said:
for those who simply know that they like the default style better, scroll to the bottom and choose "AzBilliards vB 3 Style" from the popup menu (lower left corner of this and just about every page).
::whew:: Much better!
iacas said:
This was the chosen one (please, no jokes about that, I know it sounds kinda religious or funny).

Just to clarify, I offered to help with this and Mike took me up on it. I'm temporarily an admin so that I could make the proper changes, and when the new style is "done" being hacked up and changed around, I'll likely revert to being a happy, standard "registered user" once again.
Do we have to start calling you Neo?

Your time and efforts are appreciated!

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
I think it looks awesome. A little tweaking here and there with the colors and it'll be perfect. Change is good, for most people. Good job Erik. Peace, John.

Last edited:

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
::whew:: Much better!

Do we have to start calling you Neo?

No, of course not ;), but do try to give the new theme a solid try. Change may be hard, but we are making modifications to the new theme based on what suggestions people have, so it's still evolving...

Plus, if most people just switch back to the old theme, suggestions will be limited and your input won't be heard...

The next thing I'm going to look at changing is the location and placement of some elements of each post, like the avatar, etc. The complaints about too much white space have been heard.