I don't understand all the fuss about winning overseas...
How come a US open title is not comparable to a world title among the pool purists/fanatics these days???
Believe it or not... This particular field, flooded with international talent, was brought together right here on US soil....
I've put all the former world champions below in bold. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing any from this field...
Would you compare the field below to a world championship field???
I counted 18 former world champions with 8 of them finishing in the top 11. A special tournament indeed, that displayed "the cream rising to the top"
Shane Van Boening
Dennis Orcullo
Alex Pagulayan
Efren Reyes
Ronnie Alcano, Jose Parica
Darren Appleton, Jun Lin Chang
Niels Feijen, Jayson Shaw, Johnny Archer, He Wen Li
Wang Can, Corey Deuel, Yukio Akagariyama
Raj Hundal, Nick Van Den Berg, Albin Ouschan, Earl Strickland
Jin Hu Dang, Chris Melling, Huidji SeeJason Klatt, Ko-Pin Yi
Haitao Liu, David Alcaide, Daryl Peach, Mika Immonen
Mario He, Thorsten HohmannHao Xiang Han, Phil Burford
Ralf Souquet, John Morra, Ralph Eckert, Karl Boyes
Mark Gray, Carlo Biado, Warren Kiamco, Nick Ekonomopoulos,
Kenichi Uchigaki, Francisco Bustamante, Oliver Ortmann
I'd say the US open has come a long way since Mike Sigel took the first one down in 1976... Fading an enormous field of 16 for the title
How come a US open title is not comparable to a world title among the pool purists/fanatics these days???
Believe it or not... This particular field, flooded with international talent, was brought together right here on US soil....
I've put all the former world champions below in bold. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing any from this field...
Would you compare the field below to a world championship field???
I counted 18 former world champions with 8 of them finishing in the top 11. A special tournament indeed, that displayed "the cream rising to the top"
Shane Van Boening
Dennis Orcullo
Alex Pagulayan
Efren Reyes
Ronnie Alcano, Jose Parica
Darren Appleton, Jun Lin Chang
Niels Feijen, Jayson Shaw, Johnny Archer, He Wen Li
Wang Can, Corey Deuel, Yukio Akagariyama
Raj Hundal, Nick Van Den Berg, Albin Ouschan, Earl Strickland
Jin Hu Dang, Chris Melling, Huidji SeeJason Klatt, Ko-Pin Yi
Haitao Liu, David Alcaide, Daryl Peach, Mika Immonen
Mario He, Thorsten HohmannHao Xiang Han, Phil Burford
Ralf Souquet, John Morra, Ralph Eckert, Karl Boyes
Mark Gray, Carlo Biado, Warren Kiamco, Nick Ekonomopoulos,
Kenichi Uchigaki, Francisco Bustamante, Oliver Ortmann
I'd say the US open has come a long way since Mike Sigel took the first one down in 1976... Fading an enormous field of 16 for the title
Last edited: