Why did Jasmin miss at hill-hill?

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why did Jasmin miss in her hill-hill match last night, for those of you that saw the match?

Darth-Pinoy

Registered
I guess it was just one costly mental error at a very unfortunate time. It happens to the best of us.

Jasmin was playing great all week. Perhaps she had something to prove and I think she was successful in doing so. By no means small nor large did Jasmin not come at par to that tournament's skill-level. She was simply awesome!

Hail Mary Shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
Why did Jasmin miss in her hill-hill match last night, for those of you that saw the match?

nerves coupled with too much thinking. if only she played her normal speed, she would had bagged the win.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a disease that affects some players, its called...."Big Chicken Bone Syndrome". Its a brutal thing. I got my vaccine so I'm ok.:grin:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Pressure. Every one of us knows what it is. Imagine being a young woman in the spotlight like she is.

She knows that every shot she dogs is another one that people can point to and say that women can't play as well as the men.

I have seen Tony Ellin miss a two foot hanger on the hill, costing him $8000.

But he never had to fade the kind fo pressure that Jassy has each time she tees up against the guys. She represents her gender when she plays, unfortunately.

We are still in the time where she is seen as a woman first and a player second. Added to that the producers put her under more pressure by putting her on the tv table for three days straight.

But, fire forges hardened weapons. She will come back stronger. No shame in losing 9:8. She didn't get blown away by the male competition. I only hope that more women follow her lead.

John

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
JB Cases said:
Pressure. Every one of us knows what it is. Imagine being a young woman in the spotlight like she is.

She knows that every shot she dogs is another one that people can point to and say that women can't play as well as the men.

But he never had to fade the kind fo pressure that Jassy has each time she tees up against the guys. She represents her gender when she plays, unfortunately.

We are still in the time where she is seen as a woman first and a player second. Added to that the producers put her under more pressure by putting her on the tv table for three days straight.

But, fire forges hardened weapons. She will come back stronger. No shame in losing 9:8. She didn't get blown away by the male competition. I only hope that more women follow her lead.

John

This is an excellent point. When women play against the men, they are sometime in a no win situation. If they win, it was luck. If they lose it is an example of their supposed inferiority. Which is all BS. Lets not forget how many male champions we've seen completely lose their game at the table.

I hope at this point everyone realizes that Jasmine Ouschan is simply a great player. a third place finish in the World 14.1 Championship should have cemented that by now.

Kurida

Registered
I am 100% Filipino and supporter of the sport. But I'm guilty of rooting for Jasmine. I felt bad that she lost her game with pulpul. I guess being a male has everything to do with it.:eek:

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jasmin needs to win a male major tournament like the US Open, etc. and she could easily do what Danica Patrick did for Indy racing. Jasmin is probably 2x as attractive as Danica.

Not that I find ANYTHING wrong with homosexuality at all, but the rumor I have heard is that Jasmin may or may not be homosexual. Does anyone know if there is truth to this? If so, you can count one man whose heart is broken and dreams are shattered LOL. If she was homosexual I would continue to be a huge Jasmin fan. If she was bisexual then she might become my favorite human being on the face of the earth and i'd have to have a long desperate talk with my girlfriend about possible Jasmin scenarios! :wub:

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darth-Pinoy said:
I guess it was just one costly mental error at a very unfortunate time. It happens to the best of us.

Jasmin was playing great all week. Perhaps she had something to prove and I think she was successful in doing so. By no means small nor large did Jasmin not come at par to that tournament's skill-level. She was simply awesome!

She played fine. If it was a mental error, what was it?

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
She played fine. If it was a mental error, what was it?
Sometimes you miss a ball because you are more concerned about getting the white ball to the required place.perfectly positioned for the next shot.

In this case, if Jasmin had played the 5 ball and had just let the white ball take its natural path, she would have risked getting hooked on the 6 ball - the 8 ball was a possible blocker. She knew this, and wanted to hold the white a bit. Unvoluntarily, she then hit the 5 ball a bit to thick. She got the position, but missed the ball.

Been there, done that..

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She played her normal speed, the pressure was there, but I don't think it got to her. She was thinking
ahead, concentrated more on her CB control for her next shot, it happens to the best of them.

I'm sure she will come back stronger than before, and this just proves to all and sundry that she can
hang with the big dawgs out there. Go Jasmin!

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
Its a disease that affects some players, its called...."Big Chicken Bone Syndrome". Its a brutal thing. I got my vaccine so I'm ok.:grin:

She didn't choke on the shot, imo. She made an error that is very common in pressure situations if you recognize it.

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
She didn't choke on the shot, imo. She made an error that is very common in pressure situations if you recognize it.

Well spit it out...the suspense is killing me.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB Cases said:

John
I've seen just about everybody dog their brains out. And I've done it plenty. This is not really a dogged shot, imo. A dogged/choked shot is a bad stroke to me. I don't think this was a bad stroke.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
I've seen just about everybody dog their brains out. And I've done it plenty. This is not really a dogged shot, imo. A dogged/choked shot is a bad stroke to me. I don't think this was a bad stroke.

Well, how about my take on Jasmin's miss? You've almost quoted everybody, you might as well quote me...

Last edited:

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drew said:
Well spit it out...the suspense is killing me.

She tried really hard to make the ball, using low left english. By concentrating on making the ball she stared at the contact point on the object ball. When you try really hard you tend to stroke through very well. This does not allow the cueball to curve, so you brick it thick. The same as happened to John Schmidt against Harriman late in their first all around match.

With low left english her aim point for her tip needs to be far off the left edge of the object ball. If she had actually been trying to draw the ball hitting it harder she's not likely to make that mistake. Hitting it easier you tend to think it won't deflect so much, but with a good stroke it will still deflect and it won't curve back so it hits thick.

It was an aiming error. In my experience outside english shots are nearly always hit thick in these situations. If you hit it too thin, it could be a bad stroke pulling up and letting the cueball curve, or just too wide of an aim. Too thick and it is always an aim error, imo.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gopi-1 said:
She played her normal speed, the pressure was there, but I don't think it got to her. She was thinking
ahead, concentrated more on her CB control for her next shot, it happens to the best of them.

I'm sure she will come back stronger than before, and this just proves to all and sundry that she can
hang with the big dawgs out there. Go Jasmin!

I don't think the pressure got to her either. She hit straight into the two rails coming off the four ball and on the new cloth that causes it to kill more than usual. She was short on the five, and put the english on to control the cueball, but didn't aim correctly for that english because she was concentrating too much on making the ball, imo.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
I don't think the pressure got to her either. She hit straight into the two rails coming off the four ball and on the new cloth that causes it to kill more than usual. She was short on the five, and put the english on to control the cueball, but didn't aim correctly for that english because she was concentrating too much on making the ball, imo.

Did you record it? I wish I can see it again. I'm just shooting from the hip here and from what I remembered,
she paid more attention to her CB's projected path, rather then her potting. But thanks anyway for your input!