why do pool players always screw themselves?

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
cdavis9771 said:
Ok Ok Ok and I heard that Elvis is still alive. Pure hearsay.

O ye of little faith, of course he is still alive. He is living in the same penthouse suite Howard Hughes lived in in Vegas. He never comes out and hasn't shaved or bathed since his "death". Viva Las Vegas.

As to laying back to try to control who you play in the finals... not a bad strategy, but if Manalo did that I guess it backfired on him.

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
Timberly said:
***I am not saying this is what happened*** This is (something close to it) what a friend saw online (here??) and they simply relayed the rumor to me.

That's good enough for me. Being told someone else once read an unsubstantiated rumour on the internet is second only to being told so by some fat bloke down the pub in my book. Why do you think they give computers to Interpol?

Boro Nut

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
cdavis9771 said:
Ok Ok Ok and I heard that Elvis is still alive. Pure hearsay.

Rubbish. We all know you heard he was still alive. It was me who told you. That's a fact not hearsay.

Boro Nut

I doubt very much that marlon dumped his final match so that he woudl again play thorsten as opposed to dennis in the finals.

Manalo has a very bad history of losing to Hohmann. Very bad. In fact, i don't think outside of the KOTH tourney, marlon has had any succees playing him. This is no secret. All the players know this. MArlon is even aware of how poorly he has played against thorsten.

The night before the finals, KT asked thorsten, "who should I bet on"? thorsten told him something like, i don't lose to manalo.

They way I hear it is, marlon would have rather played anybody else (in the remaining 6) othr than thorsten.

He is a member here on az, ask him yourself. Although he is humble and wont brag of his prowess over manalo, he will always state the truth and facts.

Marlon dumping? I don't thinks so.

rg

T

Timberly

Boro Nut said:
That's good enough for me. Being told someone else once read an unsubstantiated rumour on the internet is second only to being told so by some fat bloke down the pub in my book. Why do you think they give computers to Interpol?

Boro Nut
I was simply trying to answer everyone's question as to what the original thread starter was talking about. I didn't claim it to be true, and I don't have any feelings about it either way. I was just the messenger, if you will, trying to answer a question. As the saying goes, "don't shoot the messenger" because that's all I was.