Why don't some players like to use the bridge?

I would rather shoot a ball left handed (assuming I can reach it ok) than use the bridge. I practice left handed for this, and I can control the speed better...I don't find it cumbersome unless it's shooting over a ball left handed--that's tough!

I'm going to go out a lim here and assume that the pro you are speaking of probably knew what he was doing. I know it's hard to imagine...
 
tx pool nut made a very good point. in the pool world there seems to be a little bit of a stigma attached to the rest. "be a man and shoot left handed, or stretch!" seems to be the general opinion.

seriously the rest is very easy - once you've lined up your aim look at the cue ball last so you can be sure of accurate tip placement. even deep draw shots are pretty easy like this.

the ease of the rest is anothere reason why i don't understand so many players learning to shoot with their opposite arm. why waste the time?
 
Well basically what I was taught, get used to the rest and lefty as well. But I still haven't try power draw using the rest..I think this year they changed to the new flexi-rest, it just might arouse people to do so.
 
Back
Top