Do Diamond tables need more style?
I was in Denver this past weekend and went to Rack 'Em Billiards in Aurora. They had a mix of 7' & 8' Valleys, what appeared to be old Diamond Professionals and one Diamond ProAm with pro cut pockets and Dymondwood rails (which we played on).
What struck me, was the Professionals looked very whipped and dated. The rails almost looked like they had water damage with an uneven, mottled appearance. The rails did not look like they could be refinished easily, if at all, due to the depth of the pitting.
I know Diamonds play well when properly set up, but I couldn't help but compare them to the many Brunswick tables that still have style, durability and playability after many decades.
I think the Diamonds with the Dymondwood rails will be durable and playable decades from now, but I wish that they would spend some time on the design and style that I think their tables still need.
I was in Denver this past weekend and went to Rack 'Em Billiards in Aurora. They had a mix of 7' & 8' Valleys, what appeared to be old Diamond Professionals and one Diamond ProAm with pro cut pockets and Dymondwood rails (which we played on).
What struck me, was the Professionals looked very whipped and dated. The rails almost looked like they had water damage with an uneven, mottled appearance. The rails did not look like they could be refinished easily, if at all, due to the depth of the pitting.
I know Diamonds play well when properly set up, but I couldn't help but compare them to the many Brunswick tables that still have style, durability and playability after many decades.
I think the Diamonds with the Dymondwood rails will be durable and playable decades from now, but I wish that they would spend some time on the design and style that I think their tables still need.