Will Cleaning Simonis Cloth With a Wet Cloth Permanently Make It Slower?

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
DUH. Only a braindead j-off would soak one down. A lightly damp microfiber and a little Woolite works fine.
That should've been an early sign. Ya don't go from 80 tables in play to a ghost town for no reason.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our club wipes tables always after session with damp cloth. Kaisa tables have Simonis 950 on them that i put on. We have a lot of competitions here and always people comments how u guys have so fast tables.
So short answer to OPs question is : No

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you make the cloth just damp. that is what makes it pick up the chalk and dust on the table. soaking wet does nothing to help the cloth.
why would anyone think a soaking wet cloth is going to do any good but alter something.
and dont put any products on it.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you make the cloth just damp. that is what makes it pick up the chalk and dust on the table. soaking wet does nothing to help the cloth.
why would anyone think a soaking wet cloth is going to do any good but alter something.
and dont put any products on it.
I already explained why I had to do it. It was already wet enough to be a bathtub from side pockets to head rail. After I soaked out all the crap that come in with the leak with fresh water, I wet the whole thing down, and toweled it off as dry as I could so the whole thing shrunk at the same rate. It played fine after it dried. A little faster too. Not because it was clean... But because wool shrinks when it dries.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My method of cleaning the Simonis 860HR on my Gold Crown I: I vacuum with my shop vac every 4th or 5th use using a 15" horse hair attachment I got at a local vacuum shop. Every couple months or so, I take a very, very, very wrung out microfiber cloth and wipe down the table including the rail cloth. This method has served me well, has kept the table clean and has not affected playability or life span of the cloth at all. I also run the balls through the polisher while vacuuming the cloth.

Think of any worsted cloth as a suit (basically the same material). Would you wash your suit in a washing machine or use a sopping wet cloth to clean it?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wet will definitely slow it down. Watched a dumbass at a new room use a sopping wet mop to clean brand new Diamond tables. None of them played the same ever again.
I figured that had to happen somewhere at sometime. Mopping the tables. I wonder if he was standing on them? 😂 Can you imagine. Have to recover all the tables, that’s bad beat for the room owner.

Possibly the only thing worse would be a high pressure steam power washer on them. RIP cloth.

Take care
Fatboy😀

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figured that had to happen somewhere at sometime. Mopping the tables. I wonder if he was standing on them? 😂 Can you imagine. Have to recover all the tables, that’s bad beat for the room owner.

Possibly the only thing worse would be a high pressure steam power washer on them. RIP cloth.

Take care
Fatboy😀
I can only imagine that it was a disgruntled employee that wanted to screwed over the boss. Nobody else in their right mind would do that.

Last edited:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member

Take care
Fatboy😀
He wasn't standing on them, but yea he'd dip the mop in the bucket and slap it on the table. It was a great room that was destined to fail quickly

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no just fine to wipe with a damp cold cloth. not soaking wet.
its been done that way for decades and works fine.

now i mostly just put the rhoomba vacuum on the table for a bit and it does a great job.
Like most topics on here, it seems like there’s a completely wide range of responses. Some say wetting it down with a wet cloth is fine and some don’t. I think I’ll stick to a damp cloth as opposed to wetting it down more aggressively with a rung out wet towel.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
My method of cleaning the Simonis 860HR on my Gold Crown I: I vacuum with my shop vac every 4th or 5th use using a 15" horse hair attachment I got at a local vacuum shop. Every couple months or so, I take a very, very, very wrung out microfiber cloth and wipe down the table including the rail cloth. This method has served me well, has kept the table clean and has not affected playability or life span of the cloth at all. I also run the balls through the polisher while vacuuming the cloth.

Think of any worsted cloth as a suit (basically the same material). Would you wash your suit in a washing machine or use a sopping wet cloth to clean it?
Might be my imagination but we've always had dust in our lower level. Dust doesn't seem to get picked up by the vacuum as well as the damp cloth which is why I vacumm first, wipe 2nd. I hate the dust lines under the cushion edge on tables.

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
My customers are having great luck with the SIMONIS x-1... Just wipe the table down a couple times a day and get the vacuum out once or twice.a week..if you're going to use a damp cloth get the water as hot as your hands can stand and wring the cloth out well..hot damp cloth works best....it all depends on how the customers treat the table as to how often they need to be cleaned...the cleanest rooms clean the tables every day......

I've had customers who like the SIMONIS 860 HR tournament blue to last 2 or
More years and after a year or so he would come in at night and pour out a bottle of Windex on each table... tomorrow the cloth looks brand new again but.....I wouldn't recommend this approach...
Good luck