Willecue

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
WilleeCue used to be a member and cue maker here. If memory serves, he was out of Galveston, TX. He allegedly sold off his shop, and quit making cues. He used to call himself the Barefoot Cue Maker.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
WilleeCues were made by William "Bill" Lee out of Corpus Christi, Texas. I am not sure if he is still active in cue making or not. I have not heard from him in a good while.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
there's a search tab located in the toolbar

If the info you have doesn't match this....I might be very wary. You have a phone # now...give him a call and see if it was in fact him. I can't understand why he would start a new AZB account.

jockey

Banned
Probably another scammer...

the true, authentic william lee is not a scammer.
and referring to him as one will only get your nuts shot off and installed in the butt sleeve of his next cue

(this is going to be a good season) ;)

Last edited:

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Yeah ... I have heard of him .... I am Willeecue.

Another is taking my name and using it ... My real name is William Lee so Wileecue was adopted as my trade name about 2001.
Is there something you wanted to ask me?

The business card shown in one of the posts has the correct information.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
and referring to him as one will only get your nuts shot off and installed in the butt sleeve of his next cue

He wasn't saying the real Willee is a scammer...far from it. He had the foresight to ask because it was a spelling he was not familiar with, and didn't want to get scammed. He PM'd me, and I told him that if it was the real WilleeCue, he would be fine. But whomever is using the other spelling in not WilleeCue.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Yeah ... I have heard of him .... I am Willeecue.

Another is taking my name and using it ... My real name is William Lee so Wileecue was adopted as my trade name about 2001.
Is there something you wanted to ask me?

The business card shown in one of the posts has the correct information.

The person using the other spelling is attempting to purchase a lathe from the OP, apparently attempting to pretend it's you. He is just trying to avoid getting scammed.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member

(this is going to be a good season) ;)

Shot off yes!! But not wasted on an excellent cue - more like hung out to dry in the desert wind!

Will - good to see you are still hanging around!
:thumbup:
Gary

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Shot off yes!! But not wasted on an excellent cue - more like hung out to dry in the desert wind!

Will - good to see you are still hanging around!
:thumbup:
Gary

I can't even find a Willecue in the membership list. Definitely a beware situation.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
I talked to the OP here and someone contacted him using my name but spelled slightly diferent.
Another internet scammer ... the place is full of them.

I usually get a few responses when I post a Craigs list ad ... they want to send you a check.
I tell them yeah ... go ahead and send it.
Its always a business check of some kind and for way more than what I was asking for the item.
They want me to send them the excess amount by Western Union (that right there is the big tip off)
I know it is a fraudulent check but it costs them money to send it to me.
When they contact me again I tell them that I accidentally ripped the check in half opening the envelope and the bank wont take it that way ... could they send me another please.
I ask them ... Do you want this torn one sent back to you? ... they never do ... they know its worthless.

I keep stringing them along making them waste as much time and money as I can.
I am just a simi-retired man with nothing better to do. LOL.

Last edited:

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Update ....
WilleeCue has returned to cue making.
After selling my entire shop to Jim Emerick in Marion Indiana I sat around on my hands and missed it so much I started buying equipment and gathering materials to start over.
My shop is now up and running and WilleeCue is back in the cue business.

I understand that the fella in Indiana (Jim Emerick) that bought my shop passed away a few years ago.
RIP Jim and I hope there is pool in heaven.
Along with the equipment he got all the materials and unfinished cues.
Below is a photo of some of them. (the top five)
I would be interested in knowing it they were ever finished and whatever became of those cues.
Anyone seen anything like them around Indiana?

Attachments

• willeecues.jpg
    willeecues.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jim Emerick

I remember seeing those top 5 unfinished cues in Jim's shop before he passed (RIP). And I believe that Jeff Forney may have scammed his way into owning most of Jim's shop and inventory. Sad!!!

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to the OP here and someone contacted him using my name but spelled slightly diferent.
Another internet scammer ... the place is full of them.

I usually get a few responses when I post a Craigs list ad ... they want to send you a check.
I tell them yeah ... go ahead and send it.
Its always a business check of some kind and for way more than what I was asking for the item.
They want me to send them the excess amount by Western Union (that right there is the big tip off)
I know it is a fraudulent check but it costs them money to send it to me.
When they contact me again I tell them that I accidentally ripped the check in half opening the envelope and the bank wont take it that way ... could they send me another please.
I ask them ... Do you want this torn one sent back to you? ... they never do ... they know its worthless.

I keep stringing them along making them waste as much time and money as I can.
I am just a simi-retired man with nothing better to do. LOL.

Love that

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

JamesHahn

Registered
Update ....
WilleeCue has returned to cue making.
After selling my entire shop to Jim Emerick in Marion Indiana I sat around on my hands and missed it so much I started buying equipment and gathering materials to start over.
My shop is now up and running and WilleeCue is back in the cue business.

I understand that the fella in Indiana (Jim Emerick) that bought my shop passed away a few years ago.
RIP Jim and I hope there is pool in heaven.
Along with the equipment he got all the materials and unfinished cues.
Below is a photo of some of them. (the top five)
I would be interested in knowing it they were ever finished and whatever became of those cues.
Anyone seen anything like them around Indiana?
I have two of the Purpleheart cues. One was built into a break cue and the other is inlaid with Mother of Pearl sharks and some Abilone. I will take some pictures of them and the cue he custom built for me and send them to you. Another of the Purpleheart cues was inlaid with Ivory chess Knights. He was going to give it to Efren Reyes one year when we were down playing at Derby City but he didn't think Efren would use it. I tried to get Jims son to let me have it to give to Efren but he gave it to his son instead.
Jim and I were VERY good friends. He taught me a lot about cue service and building. I just recently purchased a lathe and started doing some cue service. I am hoping to start building a few cues in the near future.
And yes, Jamie (Jims son) did "sell" the equipment and stock to a guy that gave him a bad check for it. Sad thing is he had quoted me 20k for it which I couldn't afford. He ended up giving it to the other guy for 7k, which if he had told me, I did have.