williard cue tipper trimmer

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They show up here from time to time, usually around $225-275. I think I bought and sold mine here for $250. Of course when you are looking they are scarce.

For the price of a new one I would either buy a base model taig lathe from Mid America or piece one together from eBay. Not as compact, but very useful.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is kind of changing the subject but what does a basic lathe from them run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They show up here from time to time, usually around $225-275. I think I bought and sold mine here for $250. Of course when you are looking they are scarce.

For the price of a new one I would either buy a base model taig lathe from Mid America or piece one together from eBay. Not as compact, but very useful.

That was my thought.

jgirard

Registered

No doubt the lathe is more useful which is great when I'm home to use it. The Willard I can bring anywhere. When I was running a pool hall about 25 years ago I used one of these multiple times every week. Loved that little thing... produces great results with little effort if you know what you're doing.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No doubt the lathe is more useful which is great when I'm home to use it. The Willard I can bring anywhere. When I was running a pool hall about 25 years ago I used one of these multiple times every week. Loved that little thing... produces great results with little effort if you know what you're doing.

No doubt, I liked mine. Had a backpack that everything fit in, pretty handy. I just wouldn’t pay the asking price of a new one.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I over exaggerating, or does that cost WAAAAAY too much for what it does? It would be interesting if you could remove half of it and reveal a 5/16 shaft for a belt to hook up to some random motor... like a optional headstock function.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about getting this lathe from Ebay to do basic tip and shaft maintenance, goes for about the price of a used Williard Tip Machine. Do you guys think it's a good buy?

Sharpshooter-Portable-Pool-Cue-Lathe-Tips-Shaft-Repair.jpg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about getting this lathe from Ebay to do basic tip and shaft maintenance, goes for about the price of a used Williard Tip Machine. Do you guys think it's a good buy?

Sharpshooter-Portable-Pool-Cue-Lathe-Tips-Shaft-Repair.jpg

What is the price? Can you get the specs on the motor including manufacturer? I'm wondering what the specs are of a general cue lathe motor.