WK Sports Bar and the "Train."

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone remember WK Sports Bar outside of Knoxville, TN? Near Alcoa? I ran across a picture of Mike Coltrain that reminded me of that place and wondered if it still existed. I had stopped in there and "twentied a game" them to death in the early nineties. The owner was up for all kinds of action and put a couple of players "in the box." I didn't have ten thousand on me like this cat but vowed to come back (to myself) when I did. A month later, Coltrain, his dad, Mike Zimmerman and myself tripped back to WK's place. I sent Coltrain in with a couple of g's with specific rules. He had just won the junior nationals and two good sized tournaments. Rule #1... No spots. Rule #2....Do not give them your name. Rule #3...Don't mention me when I walk in. Rule #4...NO RESUME (this was directed at Roger, Mike's dad) Last Rule... No action less than $100 a game. After about two hours, I walk in and, as you guessed it, he's giving up the seven for twenty a game. Roger's talkin' to the owner about how Mike had won the juniors. Five players that played worse than the guy he was playing were watching the whole event unfold. These were bar tables, by the way. The owner said hello to me and immediately put us all together. Ok, so what. I jacked the bet up to a hundred a game and sat down. The guy ran out of hundreds and called his banker at one o'clock in the morning to bring him some more hundreds. I can't remember how many games Mike was up when it was over, but it was some ridiculous number. Sooo....when I saw this picture of WK's and Mike, I had to reminisce a little. The guy was a super nice guy and this was one gamblin' joint. Is it still there?
 
Back
Top