Wonder what Predator was thinking here?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
So last month Predator released there new BK Rush cues with a red colored butt instead of the black colored. Coming out today is there new black butt Rush break/jump cue. Don't understand why they just didn't leave the black version original and just made the red version the break/jump version.

Could it be they were scared of the new Mezz break cue? Or maybe because Jacoby did theirs break/jump? Or could it have been a marketing ploy to get people to upgrade to the red and then next month buy another that breaks and jumps?

I have nothing against the company BTW, just wondering why they would release both right on top of each other like that. I've had the original rush since the first day they hit the market so I'm satisfied. However if I had just bought the red one last month and then today a new one comes out and for $50 more, I could've got one that does 2 jobs, it possibly could've upset me. I think they do put out some quality products and people can argue over there pricing for days on end, but this one makes me go hmmmm.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have to give it a try but I’ve never found a jump/break cue that does both well. Thats why I went to two separate cues some years a go.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I would have to give it a try but I’ve never found a jump/break cue that does both well. Thats why I went to two separate cues some years a go.

Especially since you rarely need to jump and break on the same shot.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just guessing here. Tyler’s been using some prototype carbon jump shaft from predator. I think they are gonna be releasing a carbon jump cue fairly soon and made a J/B rush to compete with the other carbon jump/breaks since most people would choose that over a $700 break cue and a separate $500-$600 jumper. But they know there’s already plenty of rush owners and predator fans that will still buy the separate carbon jump cue so it’s not a bad move I guess. That’s if they even go through with it and release one. Only thing I could come up with cause it’s not like predator to make a j/b.