Wood combo...What do you think guys???

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Whew...thats some very nice looking work you got going on there, very hard to decide which is the most beautiful. Me having a Purpleheart fetish makes my first choice a little easier. Nice work thanks for sharing.

tlcff8

Designated Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Very nice...

Very nice contrast, and the points are very nice and sharp.

But I may be wrong, but I don't believe that that is purpleheart.

Is this one spoken for? What are your plans for the rest of the cue?

nbll01

Albrecht Custom Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 98.7%
75   1   0
Not sure what I'm gonna do for the butt yet maybe a blk leather wrap? Not spoken for yet... I think the purpleheart he's talking about is in the rest of the pics on photo bucket......Thanks for the comments guys.......Dave

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
152   0   0
i think the yellowheart doesnt fit in as well. it contrasts nicely with the ebony but then it doesnt blend in with the padauk imo. it stands out too much and draws attention away from the ebony. since the points are ebony, u would want ppl looking at the points and not focusing on the veneers. imo veneers are there to complement and add to the beauty of the point and not to attract the most attention.

A/VHomeStereo

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears that the veneer is a single and I can't tell by the quality of the photo but it seems to vary in thickness, the veneer that is. I like the combo but I think a yellow-ebony-yellow veneer might be a nice contrast to break up the woods. just my 2 cents.