Wood pins

Biloxi69

Registered
Through problems not mine, I had to change phone and phone numbers.
My new phone number is 417 322 4036, I have equipment to help with repair.
Call any afternoon
Thanks Chuck. I will give you a ring in the afternoon sometime. I have a 504 area code in case you see it. Appreciate your help.

Phi

Biloxi69

Registered
Well here it is. A little persistent pays off. Cut and bore off the PH pin. Phenolic threads much better with a die. See pic attached. Thanks for the expertise guys.

Attachments

• 7B1A85D1-11ED-413C-9A2C-48E6C8E5D87A.jpeg
    7B1A85D1-11ED-413C-9A2C-48E6C8E5D87A.jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 88

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well here it is. A little persistent pays off. Cut and bore off the PH pin. Phenolic threads much better with a die. See pic attached. Thanks for the expertise guys.
Looks very good.
Hit it with some 2500. Run the die down it again, then polish it lightly with some rouge on a buffing wheel mounted to a dremil. That will get rid of those small fibers sticking out.

Mike Rys

Blind Owl
Those look very good. I never had any success using dies on wood. Well done. Did it fit well into the butt? I have a broken carom pin job coming in (my first one). It's a Longoni carom cue. I did a mock up before I agreed to accept the repair.
Resized.jpg

Mike Rys

Blind Owl
Awesome.
What thread does Longoni use?
I don't know. The mock up was a proof of concept (1/2-10). I struck out searching for the Longoni thread pitch. I'm guessing it's metric. I'll know when I have it in hand. I'll adjust to match. If anyone knows the thread pitch for a Longoni carom shaft pin, that would be helpful?

Biloxi69

Registered
Those look very good. I never had any success using dies on wood. Well done. Did it fit well into the butt? I have a broken carom pin job coming in (my first one). It's a Longoni carom cue. I did a mock up before I agreed to accept the repair.
View attachment 628324
Mine fit the cue fine. Your threads look very good. That’s live correct?