church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

2021 BETFRED WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP – THE DRAW :​

Last edited:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 - RONNIE O'SULLIVAN TO OPEN TITLE DEFENCE AGAINST MARK JOYCE​

The six-time winner will take on a tournament debutant as he begins his bid for a seventh title, with world number one Judd Trump starting against Liam Highfield. The tournament runs from Saturday April 17 until Monday May 3. You can watch every match of the World Championship live and ad-free on the Eurosport App and eurosport.co.uk. ;​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...nce-against-mark-joyce_sto8271696/story.shtml

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 - ‘I TRUST MYSELF TO GET OVER THE LINE’ – RONNIE O’SULLIVAN ON TITLE BID​

Ronne O'Sullivan has lost in the finals of the Northern Ireland Open, Scottish Open, Welsh Open, Players Championship and Tour Championship this season, but does not feel his title drought will have any impact on his bid for a seventh triumph at the Crucible. "I trust myself to get over the line if given the opportunity," the world champion told Eurosport. ;​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skybet Markets : https://m.skybet.com/snooker/world-championship/event/26441976 :

World Championship 2021​

World Championship​

Bets placed in accordance with our Market Rules
  • Price Boosts1 BOOST

LatestBoost
    Ronnie O'Sullivan To Win The World Snooker Championship 20214/15/1
  • Tournament Outright Winner​

• Each way terms: 1/2 for first 2 places
    Judd Trump5/2
    Ronnie O'Sullivan4/1
    Neil Robertson5/1
    Mark Selby8/1
    John Higgins9/1
    Kyren Wilson18/1
    Yan Bingtao22/1
    Mark Allen25/1
    Ding Junhui28/1
    Barry Hawkins33/1
    Shaun Murphy33/1
    Stuart Bingham33/1
    Mark Williams40/1
    David Gilbert50/1
    Jack Lisowski50/1
    Stephen Maguire50/1
    Ali Carter66/1
    Anthony McGill80/1
    Kurt Maflin100/1
    Martin Gould100/1
    Ricky Walden100/1
    Gary Wilson150/1
    Jamie Jones150/1
    Liang Wenbo200/1
    Lyu Haotian200/1
    Matthew Selt200/1
    Sam Craigie200/1
    Tian Pengfei200/1
    Mark Davis250/1
    Chris Wakelin400/1
    Liam Highfield500/1
    Mark Joyce500/1
    Show Less
  1. Snooker
  2. World Championship 2021

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Richard Mann on the World Snooker Championship and Crucible Theatre​

By Richard Mann
12:41 · MON April 12, 2021

The walk from Sheffield train station up to the Crucible Theatre is one of my favourites.

Sheffield always feels like a better version of Leeds to me: a little less overwhelming, people in less of a rush, the city just a touch quieter, and I always imagine myself sitting in Sheaf Square, sun on my back, looking out at the Water Sculptures, the latest Harlan Coben masterpiece in hand.

I never stay, though. Instead, I pace forwards with a spring in my step, excitement in my stomach with great anticipation for the day ahead. I’m off to the Crucible, you see, for the snooker.

It’s always better with friends in tow, watering holes either side of the streets leading to the Crucible quickly considered and passed over like cars on a showroom forecourt before the coin falls on any particular one.

Sheffield consumed by snooker​

When snooker comes to Sheffield, it consumes the landscape and the walk to that most famous of venues is filled with the sport. The sponsors' advertising adorns the streets, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Judd Trump adding to the excitement that needs no encouragement. You can usually hear the Winter Garden — taken over by snooker for 17 days when the World Championship comes around — before you see it.

The last time I was there it was Ken Doherty on interview, talking all things World Championship, and I loved it. The pubs are just the same, television screens all green with live snooker or the previous day’s action being replayed.

‘This place looks good, let’s get a drink and get our bets sorted.’

I’m not usually first to the bar, as my friends will confirm, but I might make an exception for the snooker. And so, on our smartphones — always the Sporting Life App, of course — we plough through the racing form, the snooker stats, maybe the odd greyhound race. The football accumulator might come later — last chance saloon stuff if things haven’t gone so well.

With our bets on and glasses drained, it’s next stop the Crucible. There really isn’t any place like it and I defy anyone not to feel something within when you walk through those doors and find yourself faced with a hive of activity: a memorabilia stand, another bar selling my nemesis, San Miguel, and of course, a makeshift betting stand.

I’ve always found the Crucible to have a special atmosphere and minutes before the start of a session the place really does buzz.

It’s probably my round by now — you can’t avoid it forever — but there’s always time for another late bet on the snooker. That’s the problem with my lot; it’s rare that someone doesn’t have a strong opinion and it invariably involves the centuries markets.

It’s doesn’t always end in tears, though, and on one occasion back in 2016 we managed to stumble across a foolproof strategy that involved backing 50-99 breaks in every frame of the opening session of the match between Ding Junhui and Martin Gould.

In one of the best sessions of snooker I have ever witnessed, the pair combined to make eight breaks of 50-plus in nine frames with only two of them, thankfully, being converted to three figures.

I must admit, there is something rather strange about cheering a missed blue to the middle pocket as Ding is honing in on a century, while simultaneously, the rest of the crowd is groaning in disappointment. I might have tried to stifle a fist pump — only a tiny one — before receiving glares from every angle. Never mind, I convince myself they were Sheffield United fans.

Crucible Theatre a sporting venue like no other​

The arena itself is something else. It shouldn’t really work for sport, but as soon as you make your entrance, you sense that you are in a special place, one that has seen it all over the years. The very best of snooker at its true home.

I like the Barbican, and who doesn’t love York, but the Crucible is something else. You can see and hear everything: every shot, every twitch, every facial expression, and you get pulled into the tension as if you are at the table yourself. It surely is the ultimate test for a snooker player.

I’m not sure you quite get that anywhere else and that’s why having reduced crowds last year — despite the coronavirus pandemic — and Barry Hearn's bold plans to go even further this time, gives the event that gravitas it would have otherwise been missing.

My first visit to the Crucible was in 2006. Rather ironically, my debut was to witness Jimmy White’s apparent farewell and even though he slumped to a disappointing first-round defeat to David Gray, the atmosphere inside the arena was electric and the love and support for the People’s Champion unwavering.

I do hope we get to experience that one final time, though I have finally accepted it won't happen.

With or without Jimmy, I’ll be back again in the years to come and though it might not be the same for some time, it will, one day, be just like old times.

‘Quiet please’ we’re told as the session ends and play continues on the next table, punters rushing for the toilets, the bar, the betting stand — all three if possible.

If you’re lucky, the day will still be young, the night a tantalising prospect if you can make it that far. I usually don’t. As always, the Crucible has had the best of me, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ronnie O'Sullivan demands protection from fans at World Championship :​

Ronnie O'Sullivan wants protection from fans during the World Championship in Sheffield - and says he will "kick off" if he doesn't get it.

The tournament is being used as a pilot event for the return of crowds to sport amid the coronavirus pandemic, with the Crucible set to be a third full for the start, and eventually packed out for the final.
O'Sullivan, whose mother recently suffered badly with Covid-19, is still not comfortable being in close proximity to others, as he revealed he even keeps a distance from his children.
And the 45-year-old believes World Snooker Tour should help ensure players and officials are protected during the 17-day marathon to come.
O'Sullivan told Sporting Life: "I'm not fine with people coming close to me, I'm just really not, and I would kick off.
"You get these crazy fans and people putting those autograph (books) in front of you and coming and wanting a selfie. And if I don't get a level of protection or feel safe in Sheffield, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable being there to be honest.
"I don't mind the crowds, that's fine, what I still will make sure I get is that level of protection and people still staying two metres away.
"I'm not comfortable going from a really cautious environment to an environment where I don't feel like you're protected or safe from other people who don't respect this illness.
"I'm relying on the goodwill of other people and obviously World Snooker to make sure there's no massive crowds gathering outside the Crucible, or outside the hotel, or when you're walking from the hotel to the Crucible.
"You need to have a level of security there just in case. I don't want to have to start getting into disagreements with someone who doesn't believe in Covid and wants a selfie. All of a sudden you're getting into a fight with someone that could be drunk and doesn't really care. All their judgements go out of the window."
Ronnie O'Sullivan gets his hands on the Crucible trophy for a sixth time

Ronnie O'Sullivan gets his hands on the Crucible trophy for a sixth time
World champion O'Sullivan is among the favourites to win the famous old tournament again this year, as he aims for a seventh Crucible crown.
Ahead of his opening match on Saturday, O'Sullivan has spoken more about his mother Maria's fight with coronavirus and how he is even wary around his children.
"Since March last year, up until now, I've chosen to not get close to anybody, even my own children," he said. "I make them sit in the back of the car, undo the window, wear a mask.
"And if they don't want to do that, they don't get in the car, it's as simple as that. I'm totally distanced from my children because they live with their mum and I don't know where they've been. They're a bit anti it all, they think it's all a bit of a conspiracy. I don't happen to think that because my mum got ill with it.
"But equally, let people think what they want to think. If they don't believe in it great, I'm not going to judge them, but I choose to want to be a little bit careful because I don't think the whole world has conspired to put us in this situation. I find that really hard to believe.
"You can sit and argue and fight with them but I'm not of that mindset, I'm like, everybody can think what they want to think, but you still have to make your own decisions and rules for how you want to go about it. If someone thinks like that I don't go around them because they're obviously a bit more blasé about it, and I'm choosing to go down the cautious route, the less risky route.
"I've obviously got a mum that's got half a lung, she has had Covid. She kind of doesn't rely on me 100 per cent, but she did while she had it, because I was the only person who could go in her house, make sure she was alright, make sure she was still breathing.
"She was on a ventilator in the house, on antibiotics, I really didn't know if she was going to come through. I have to be in that situation, so then I think I can't put her at risk either.
"Because the lockdown is going to change on May 17, or June 22, that doesn't mean I take it as a sign that I can go out to a busy restaurant, go up to London, go out raving. I'm not going to do that for at least two or three years, until we understand the illness and how it operates and how it moves. None of us know all that."
The Crucible Theatre
Click the image for Richard Mann's love letter to the Crucible Theatre
Eurosport pundit O'Sullivan spoke last year about how much easier he found the World Championship without fans. The Crucible was a third full for the first day of the 2020 tournament and the final, and empty for the rest of the event.
The Englishman seems to be more relaxed about the prospect of crowds in Sheffield this year - but is still anxious to avoid taking risks during the event.
"If you're going to open it up, you still have to protect the players and the officials that are choosing to be careful," he added.
"We've lived in this bubble for 12 months, not even the scientists know what this disease is capable of doing at the moment, we're still learning. If you get flu, you still don't want to get it, but if you get it you're probably going to be alright. With this (Covid) at the moment we're being told that a lot of young healthy people are getting it really bad.
"No game of snooker is worth that risk to me. You can't just have mass gatherings. Outside the stage door there are (usually) masses of people, outside the hotel there are masses of people, you go past the pub and there are groups of people who are all looking for snooker players to sign their book.
"At some point in 17 days there, the chances are you're going to get someone who thinks it's ok to come and throw a pen in your face. I'm not ok with that. I wasn't ok with that pre-Covid and I'm certainly not ok with that in this situation.
"Like I say, everything is a judgement call. One thing we've come to realise is that health is very very important. I'd rather be a healthy snooker player than an unhealthy one that possibly has to take a year or 18 months out of snooker because I've got long Covid. I'm much happier missing a tournament than missing two years of my life."

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ronnie O'Sullivan calls Mark Selby a bad loser ahead of World Championship :​

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/osullivan-selby-a-bad-loser/190920

Ronnie O’Sullivan says Mark Selby needs to "get over" his defeat in last year's incredible World Championship semi-final.

O'Sullivan pulled off a spectacular victory over Selby at the Crucible last August, winning three frames in a row from 16-14 behind to claim a 17-16 triumph and reach the final, where he saw off Kyren Wilson for his sixth world crown.
Selby accused O'Sullivan of being "disrespectful" with some of the shots he played in the immediate aftermath of that match, with the bad blood appearing to spill over into this season.
For his part, O'Sullivan believes Selby has been a "bad loser" and thinks that Sheffield encounter has altered their relationship.
"I didn't realise that result had affected him as much as it had," O'Sullivan told Sporting Life.

"Sometimes you can want something too bad, and then it's hard to brush off a defeat, let alone a defeat how he felt like he was defeated.
"After listening to his after match interview, it sounded like he was a bit of a bad loser really. He didn't really take it well.
"I was a bit surprised. I thought he would have given me a bit more credit for hanging in there and playing three amazing frames at the end and getting the victory. It seems he didn't take it in that spirit.
"That's for him to get over. It doesn't seem like he's able to get over it really. They can be tough matches, I've had one or two of them in my career. They linger on for a bit. Hopefully he gets his head around it and moves on from it."

Asked whether he thinks the nature of his comeback win had rattled Selby, O'Sullivan said: "Oh yeah. A hundred per cent. I didn't realise at the time, because obviously you're on such a high and you've won, but actually if you were to sit down and listen to his interview and listen to some of the things he's said, you'd have to go, that's coming from somewhere. It's obviously bothered him to a certain extent.
"Listen, it would bother me I think, if I had one hand on the trophy, and all of a sudden someone has just come along and taken it away from you.
"It's not an easy one to get over, but until he gets over it and it's properly put to bed, it's a little bit difficult. I suppose it has changed the relationship in many ways because it's affected him.
"I kind of understand where it's coming from, but I don't really want to get involved in that sort of dynamic really. I just want to enjoy my snooker, go to tournaments. I'd love to do well at a tournament, but I'm not going to let a defeat or a game affect my mood, or the way I look at the game or look at a player. I would never let someone have that power over me. I wouldn't want that.
"I'd rather he'd won, been happy, and he would have been in a good place. Until he gets himself through that, I don't know. It's something he needs to get over for him to move on."
Ronnie O'Sullivan is world champion for a sixth time

Ronnie O'Sullivan is now a six-time world champion
O'Sullivan's Sheffield success last summer was his first for seven years, and put him just one world title behind Stephen Hendry in the standings.
The 45-year-old goes into this year's tournament, which starts on Saturday, as one of the fancied players again. But O'Sullivan believes Judd Trump is a worthy favourite, and also thinks Neil Robertson's policy of giving some events during the season a miss might work in his favour for the 17-day marathon.
Asked if it was fair that bookmakers rated Trump as the most likely winner, O'Sullivan said: "Absolutely. How can you go against what he's done in the last two-and-a-half years? He's been by far the best player.
"Listen, he plays in every event. He wins a lot of events. Will he go to Sheffield having shot his bolt if you like, in a way? Someone like Robertson, who is equally as good, he's probably plotted his season around trying to be ready for Sheffield. He's probably the best all-round player in the game, I would say he's taken over from John Higgins in that department. Has he timed his run for the line better? Who knows? These are all the exciting permutations.
"Do you go for the man who has saved himself and focused his goal on winning the World Championship, which is Robertson I would say? Or do you go for a guy like Trump who says, do you know what, I'm going to play every week, I don't care what tournament I'm in, I just want to play, I just want to win. Will that come through as a strength?
"If those two met, it would be fascinating. Judd is more the explosive player, but then he can go missing a bit. Robertson is much more methodical, he plays a much more consistent kind of style. They're both very dangerous players."
Judd Trump against Ronnie O'Sullivan in the Northern Ireland Open final

Judd Trump against Ronnie O'Sullivan in the Northern Ireland Open final
Eurosport pundit O'Sullivan has fared pretty well himself this season, reaching five finals. But he's surprisingly lost them all, with his last tournament success being that World Championship victory eight months ago.
The Englishman insists he's not looking beyond the last eight at this stage, saying: "There's a lot of snooker to be played to get to the quarter-finals, there's a best of 19 and a best of 25. If I was to get through them, you've got half a chance.
"Two weeks ago I would have probably said I've got absolutely zero chance. All season I've been in and out, I've made five finals but I've played every week. If you're going to play every week you're bound to do well in some tournaments, whether you've played well or not.
"The World Championship is a lot different. You want to try and find some sort of consistency in your game, which I haven't found through the season. But on the practice table the last few days it's been a little bit better. Whether that's enough to carry me through to have a good run in Sheffield, I don't know.
"If someone was to give me a quarter-final and I didn't embarrass myself, and I was involved in some quality matches, I'd go, you know what, that would probably round the season off quite well.
"But if I was to get to the quarter-finals, who's to say my goals and aspirations of winning it wouldn't increase. I would love to get through one or two rounds and see where we are then. If I was to get through to the quarter-finals, then you've got half a chance."

The mind games have already begun ! :ROFLMAO: :cool:(y)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 SNOOKER - RONNIE O'SULLIVAN HITS BACK AT MARK SELBY 'DISRESPECT' ACCUSATION​

Reigning world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has questioned whether his great rival Mark Selby will ever be able to "get over" the semi-final defeat he suffered at the Rocket's hands at the Crucible in 2020. O'Sullivan edged out Selby in a famously dramatic clash in Sheffield, en route to clinching his sixth world title with victory in the final over Kyren Wilson. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Snooker betting tips: World Championship outright preview and best bets, April 17-May 3​

By Richard Mann
20:36 · THU April 15, 2021 :

Snooker betting tips: World Championship​

1pt Mark Williams to win the World Championship at 40/1 (General)

1pt Yan Bingtao to win the World Championship at 25/1 (General)

Already advised: 2pts Mark Selby to win the World Championship at 9/1

Sky Bet odds | Paddy Power | Betfair Sportsbook

The Sporting Life's Richard 'Tricky Dicky' Mann's latest selections .

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2021: WHO IS JIMMY WHITE BACKING FOR TITLE? O'SULLIVAN, TRUMP OR ROBERTSON?​

Jimmy 'Whirlwind' White knows more about being fancied to win the World Championship than most snooker players. Eurosport pundit White – the six-times runner-up between 1984 and 1994 – is refusing to buy into the belief that Neil Robertson is favourite because of his brilliant form in lifting the Tour Championship last month, but who does he feel will emerge triumphant this year? :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...van-trump-or-robertson_sto8271824/story.shtml :

BY
DESMOND KANE
PUBLISHED 15/04/2021 AT 14:18 GMT+1 | UPDATED 15/04/2021 AT 14:30 GMT+1
Jimmy White is refusing to buy into the hype that 2010 world champion Neil Robertson is favourite for a second Crucible title despite his spectacular scoring in dominating the Tour Championship last month.
Robertson, the UK champion, produced a scintillating performance at Celtic Manor involving the sport's top eight players on the one-year list with one-sided wins over Jack Lisowski (10-5), Mark Selby (10-3) and Ronnie O'Sullivan (10-4) seeing the Australian player find perfect form ahead of the sojourn to Sheffield.

The Australian enjoyed 11 century breaks at the Tour Championship with five coming in the final as he astonishingly restricted O'Sullivan to only 26 points in rampaging away with the final six frames as the world champion described his potting as "frightening".
'Will he ever get over that?' - O'Sullivan hits back at Selby 'disrespect' accusation 'Will he ever get over that?' - O'Sullivan hits back at Selby 'disrespect' accusation

He has been drawn against China's Liang Wenbo in the first round at the Crucible in a repeat of the 2015 UK final that he won 10-5 and is third favourite with tournament sponsors Betfred behind undisputed world number one Judd Trump and holder O'Sullivan.
'He's missed it!' - Watch the stunning conclusion to epic final

Despite being impressed with Robertson's attacking prowess and punishing scoring before the year's biggest event, White feels form does not guarantee who will emerge victorious over 17 days.
The six-times finalist believes there is nothing to separate the sport's top five players ahead of the 45th staging of the Crucible event which sees O'Sullivan begin his title defence against qualifier Mark Joyce on Saturday morning (10am LIVE on Eurosport).
'I'm not nervous at all' - O'Sullivan 'excited' to defend world title

"Ronnie O'Sullivan has obviously been in five finals this season, John Higgins is in good form after winning the Players Championship, then you have Judd Trump, Mark Selby and Neil Robertson all winning tournaments," White told Eurosport.
"You would have to say that those five players are favourites on form. There is nothing much between the top four or five playing well.

&clicktracker=https%3A//ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/trackclk/N3657.4052593DENTSUNATIVEPROGRAM/B25393437.299392580%3Bdc_trk_aid%3D492727407%3Bdc_trk_cid%3D147770627%3Bdc_lat%3D%3Bdc_rdid%3D%3Btag_for_child_directed_treatment%3D%3Btfua%3D%3Bgdpr%3D%24%7BGDPR%7D%3Bgdpr_consent%3D%24%7BGDPR_CONSENT_755%7D%3Bltd%3D']

NOT ONE OF THEM IS THE STAND-OUT FAVOURITE. ROBERTSON HAS BEEN STRONGLY FANCIED THE LAST FEW YEARS GOING TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN SUPERB FORM, BUT CAME UNSTUCK IN THE QUARTER-FINALS 13-10 AGAINST JOHN HIGGINS TWO YEARS AGO AND MARK SELBY 13-7 LAST YEAR.
"It can be such a difficult and unpredictable tournament. Listen, Robertson is a class act, but O'Sullivan is a class act, Trump is a class act and so are Selby and Higgins.
"Those five look to be the likeliest to win based on how the season has gone, but there is not one you'd pick as the outstanding favourite."
Can Jimmy White recreate Judd Trump's 'genius' shot?

LATEST ODDS WITH EVENT SPONSORS BETFRED​

• Judd Trump 11/4
  • Ronnie O'Sullivan 9/2
  • Neil Robertson 5/1
  • Mark Selby 13/2
  • John Higgins 10/1
  • Kyren Wilson 20/1
  • Shaun Murphy 22/1
  • Ding Junhui 25/1
  • Yan Bingtao 25/1
  • Barry Hawkins 25/1

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FIRST ROUND DRAW​

• Ronnie O’Sullivan (1) v Mark Joyce
  • Anthony McGill (16) v Ricky Walden
  • Ding Junhui (9) v Stuart Bingham
  • Stephen Maguire (8) v Jamie Jones
  • John Higgins (5) v Tian Pengfei
  • Mark Williams (12) v Sam Craigie
  • Mark Allen (13) v Lyu Haotian
  • Mark Selby (4) v Kurt Maflin
  • ------------------------------------------------
  • Neil Robertson (3) v Liang Wenbo
  • Jack Lisowski (14) v Ali Carter
  • Barry Hawkins (11) v Matthew Selt
  • Kyren Wilson (6) v Gary Wilson
  • Shaun Murphy (7) v Mark Davis
  • Yan Bingtao (10) v Martin Gould
  • David Gilbert (15) v Chris Wakelin
  • Judd Trump (2) v Liam Highfield

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SNOOKER - RONNIE O'SULLIVAN 'WON'T SUCCUMB TO CRUCIBLE PRESSURE' - NEIL ROBERTSON​

Former world champion and in-form snooker star Neil Robertson has told Eurosport that Ronnie O'Sullivan will be "hungry" and will not succumb to the pressure of aiming for his seventh title at the Crucible. The Australian says he has learned a lot from the Rocket and will adjust his approach at the World Championship after admiring his rival's successes. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skybet Markets : https://m.skybet.com/snooker/world-championship/event/26441976 :

World Championship Outrights 2021​

World Championship​

Bets placed in accordance with our Market Rules
  • Popular RequestABets​

Judd Trump To Win The Tournament & Judd Trump To Make A 147 Break In The Tournament33/1
    Ronnie O'Sullivan To Make A 147 Break In The Tournament10/1
    A Century Break to be Scored in Every Match in the Tournament8/1
    Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mark Selby and Judd Trump all to win their Quarters13/2
    The Winning Player NOT to be English15/8
    5 or more Matches to go to a Deciding Frame in the Tournament11/10
  • Price Boosts3 BOOSTS

• Dead Heat Rules may apply to highest break
    LatestBoost
    Ronnie O'Sullivan To Win The World Championship 20214/15/1
    Judd Trump To Make the Highest Break in The World Championship 20219/25/1
    Judd Trump & Mark Selby Both To Make The Final11/114/1
  • Main Markets​

• Tournament Outright Winner each way terms : 2 places at 1/2
    • Highest Break - Which player will make the highest break, 3 places 1/5. DH rules may apply (Crucible breaks only)
    PlayerWinnerReach FinalHighest Break
    Judd Trump11/411/89/2
    Ronnie O'Sullivan4/17/45/1
    Neil Robertson5/111/49/2
    Mark Selby8/19/210/1
    John Higgins9/19/212/1
    Kyren Wilson18/115/216/1
    Yan Bingtao22/111/125/1
    Mark Allen25/111/114/1
    Ding Junhui28/114/118/1
    Barry Hawkins33/114/125/1
    Show All
  • Name the Finalists​

Judd Trump & Ronnie O'Sullivan11/2
    Ronnie O'Sullivan & Neil Robertson10/1
    Judd Trump & John Higgins11/1
    Judd Trump & Mark Selby11/1
    Neil Robertson & John Higgins18/1
    Neil Robertson & Mark Selby18/1
    Ronnie O'Sullivan & Kyren Wilson25/1
    Judd Trump & Mark Allen28/1
    Judd Trump & Ding Junhui33/1
    Ronnie O'Sullivan & Yan Bingtao33/1
    Show All
  • Total Tournament Century Breaks​

Under (86.5)5/6
    Over (86.5)5/6
  • Winning Quarter​

Quarter 13/1
    Quarter 210/3
    Quarter 311/4
    Quarter 42/1
  • Nationality of Winner​

English2/5
    Australian5/1
    Scottish15/2
    Chinese11/1
    Northern Irish25/1
    Welsh33/1
    Norwegian125/1
  • 147 Break In Tournament?​

Yes5/4
    No4/7
  • Highest Tournament Break​

• First Time Winner?​

1. Snooker
  2. World Championship Outrights 2021

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

World Snooker Championship: Judd Trump says return of fans will bring out his best ;​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/56764160 :
Betfred World Snooker Championship
Venue: Crucible Theatre, Sheffield Dates:17 April - 3 May
Coverage: Watch live on BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Four and Red Button, with uninterrupted coverage on BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport website and BBC Sport app.
World number one Judd Trump says the return of fans will help bring out his best at the World Snooker Championship in Sheffield.

Until now the 2020-21 season has been entirely played behind closed doors because of Covid-19 restrictions.
However, the tournament is part of a government pilot scheme to help fans return to sporting and cultural venues.

"You miss the coughing and the mobile phones going off," Trump told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"When you are losing and you get a frame or two behind [without fans], it is so much easier to give up because you feel nobody is there to see it.

"When you've got a crowd you sometimes take a toilet break just to get the roar of the fans and get them calling your name to get you back in the game. So it makes a huge difference.

"I need the fans there just to bring out the best in me. Just adding more nerves and excitement helps my concentration."

Trump, who had to withdraw from the Masters in January after testing positive for coronavirus, has won five ranking titles this term and was also a losing finalist in the UK Championship.

He arrives at the Crucible accompanied by his brother Jack, in confident mood and buoyed by a change of scenery - with all but two of this season's major ranking and non-ranking events having been held in Milton Keynes.

"I feel my game is there for another win," added the 2019 world champion. "It is such a long time, 17 days, that you can't peak for every single game. You've got to be mentally prepared to go through hell to win the tournament.

"It's been quite draining seeing the same surroundings over and over again. It feels like you are playing the same tournament over and over again. You're in the same hotel rooms and are just on your own.

"It's just going to be nice to take someone to the Crucible to have in your corner and help you through dark times in a game."

No socially-distanced selfies​

Meanwhile, Neil Robertson believes the atmosphere in Sheffield is unlikely to be the same as pre-coronavirus championships.

"You don't want to be mixing with people, even if they have the best intentions - if you were to pick it [Covid-19] up, you would be out of the event," said Robertson.

"I am going to have a policy this year where I am not stopping for socially-distanced selfies or signing anything. You just can't afford to do that on the ridiculous chance of catching it. It would be pretty disastrous."

Since the Australian lifted the snooker's biggest prize in 2010, he has only reached the semi-finals once.

However, the 39-year-old begins the event as a leading contender to win his second world title after a scintillating victory over Ronnie O'Sullivan in the Tour Championship.

And Robertson, who faces China's Liang Wenbo in the first round, says he is paying little attention to others.

"The way I have been playing this season, I am not really too worried about who I am playing," Robertson added.

"If you ask Liang [Wenbo], he probably won't be too happy about the draw, whereas I am not really too fussed. It is about how I approach the game. If I play well, I think I will win. It will be a tough game, but hopefully I will have too much [for him].

"This season I have always played matches on my terms, they have always been aggressive, open games which brings the best out of me."

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oddschecker : https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship :

World Snooker Championship
Saturday 17th April 2021
1Draw2
09:00
TV
Ronnie OSullivan
Mark Joyce
1/1410/1 All Odds
TV
Yan Bingtao
Martin Gould
8/1528/17 All Odds
13:30
TV
Neil Robertson
Liang Wenbo
1/65/1 All Odds
TV
Stephen Maguire
Jamie Jones
4/717/11 All Odds
18:00
TV
Dave Gilbert
Chris Wakelin
2/511/5 All Odds
Sunday 18th April 2021
TV
Anthony McGill
Ricky Walden
10/1142/41 All Odds
TV
John Higgins
Tian Pengfei
1/59/2 All Odds
Monday 19th April 2021
TV
Ding Junhui
Stuart Bingham
11/136/5 All Odds
TV
Kyren Wilson
Gary Wilson
1/314/5 All Odds
TV
Jack Lisowski
Ali Carter
9/1021/20 All Odds
Tuesday 20th April 2021
09:00Mark Allen
Lu Haotian
Lyu Haotian
1/415/415/4All Odds
13:30Judd Trump
Liam Highfield
1/1613/1 All Odds
18:00Barry Hawkins
Matthew Selt
2/59/4 All Odds
Wednesday 21st April 2021
09:00Mark Williams
Sam Craigie
4/115/2 All Odds
09:00Shaun Murphy
Mark Davis
2/757/17 All Odds
13:30Mark Selby
Kurt Maflin
2/917/4 All Odds

World Championship 2021 WinnerView all oddsView all odds

Name The FinalistsView all oddsView all odds

Player To Win 1st QuarterView all oddsView all odds

Player To Win 2nd QuarterView all oddsView all odds

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Da Bookie has quoted every market available and it's up to YOU if you want to take Da' bookie on but I dare say I will give it a go ! ;)(y)

Meanwhile here's Tom with the weather as you re adjust your betting slips in the lockdown :

Heres Tom with the weather :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A storm hurricane is fast approaching and it's called The World Snooker Championships 2021 .

BetFred would have you believe it's his tournament just because he sponsor's it but it's not it's all about the players and us , the fans and I'm just in here to remind you that players played all season under tight Covid-19 restrictions and made a lot of sacrifice's to get there .

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just before you take Da' Bookie on or go upstairs to AzBilliads 'Action Room'.....

Remember we have had just about a full season without an audience and sat back watching a sharkfest once the players adapted to the conditions but just before you go for a splash at Da 'Bookies , just remember the crowd's are allowed in so factor that into your bets.....

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Auntie Beeb latest.....

World Snooker Championship: Ronnie O'Sullivan says he wants 'protection' from fans at Crucible​

Last updated on11 minutes ago11 minutes ago.From the sectionSnooker

Auntie Beeb just caught up.