Worlds Best Golfer Plays Snooker?

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
The new number one golfer in the world, Lee Westwood, apparently is some kind of enthusiast. I clicked on his profile on a site and it listed snooker as one of his hobbies or interests.

Any of our European members on this site have any info about him or any other pro golfers as far as their interest or participation in snooker goes?

Rocky247

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah he is a Great golfer as you can see although short game is his weekness.Lost alot of weight this past year thru fitness program.As for snooker well alot of those blokes like the game which doesn't mean he has alot of time to play.You can probably google his name and get alot of info.

Sieben

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Worlds Best Golfer

The new number one golfer in the world, Lee Westwood, apparently is some kind of enthusiast. I clicked on his profile on a site and it listed snooker as one of his hobbies or interests.

Any of our European members on this site have any info about him or any other pro golfers as far as their interest or participation in snooker goes?

Did you really mean to say the worlds best GOLFER or # 1 at the moment??????

Wity

Banned
What's Golf?

edit....

Ang on i've googled it ! Apparently it' has 18 pockets , a table a couple of acres in size, one cue ball and loadsa cues.

Doubt it'll catch on meself, it sounds far too easy.:rolleyes:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Well,I.m not European but all my ancestors were.

Ian Woosnam was on the board of the WPBSA and is friends with many
of the snooker pros...he can probably run the colors

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
He could do better in the majors, improve his short game,etc...and I know the ranking system is screwy, but he is still currently the number one player in the world.

He just won a week or two ago. Tiger on the other hand, got gutted by G-Mac. Phil had his chances to be number one, and played like crap.

Anyway, I was hoping someone from the UK had seen him at a snooker club and could comment on his game, or if there is some chance of him promoting a tourney,etc...to help support snooker.

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Tiger or Phil said pool was their favorite hobby and helped promote the game in the US, for example.

Rocky247

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ping Pong for Phil and Tiger as well as alot of PGA pros.Apparently during the Ryder Cup there is a few wagers bet. By the way Tiger has 14 Majors and 77 wins,more than Lee and Ernie combined!So lets not get carried away!