WTB... 7 ft Bar table/Bar box... CHEAP and/or USED

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hey AZers!

In a month or so I will be moving into a new apartment down here in so.calif. and would like the first piece of furniture to be a pool table :grin-square:

This would be my very first table, so it doesn't have to be perfect, but due to my limited budget...
... it HAS to be CHEAP :frown:

The last few places I lived either had a clubhouse with a pool table, or at least a pool hall or bar close by,
so I never really needed to have my own pool table.
(Well... THAT... and the fact that all the other apartments I rented were the size of some of your closets) LOL... :frown:

Even though this new apartment is A LOT nicer and more affordable than the others, unfortunately I would not have convenient access to a pool table.

Luckily, I won't be moving much furniture into this new place and will,
for the first time, have enough room for maybe a 7 foot bar table/bar box.
It doesn't need to be pretty, or have new felt, or quality cushions. As long as the slate is good and it plays decent thats fine by me.
Its even okay if it does need a "little" work. Just as long as it is not broken.
Actually, if it DOES need a little work, then maybe fixing the table up and restoring it to new could be another small project or hobby that I can take up :smile:

WELL... that's my current situation.

1. I have a limited budget for this table. Very Limited. (I do realize that tables normally go for a pretty penny, but am hoping to find the holy grail of cheap bar boxes.)
  2. The table needs to be somewhat local. (within 50 miles of 90504 or 90745 zip code)
With the state of the economy these days I am aware that rather sadly,
many Bar Owners/Pool halls are forced to downsize, or worse even, close their businesses.
I always have wondered where or to whom those used bar tables get sold to,
so I'm hoping i get lucky and find someone who has the kind of table I am looking for
or knows somebody that has one for sale.

Please PM me with info -OR- email to: zero_skill_z@yahoo.com

Many thanks, -Marlo

[keeping my fingers crossed...]

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Check with some bar owners about who does the recovering of thier tables. They might know of tables that have been traded in or are availible for sale.

When I was looking for a table, I found quite a few on craigslist, but the one I finally went with was one I found through a table mechanic that my favorite bar used for keeping thier tables in good shape.

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm located in Huntington Beach CA. I have 3 Valley Bar tables with Fresh Simonis cloth $500 each and 2 Murrey Bar Boxes with worn simonis cloth $300 each. I won't deliver for this price but your more than welcome to pick them up. The traps have been removed. I'm looking to get rid of them as quickly as possible . call me at 714-943-7137.

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Craigslist is where you will probably find what you are looking for. This one is a bit aof a drive but it looks to be a Valley in decent shape and the price is great for all the stuff you get - http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/spo/1650929465.html . Good luck!
yeah, its definitely a bit of a drive, but i appreciate you adding the link to
save me the time to search for it. i'll keep it open as a possible option.
thanks.

Check with some bar owners about who does the recovering of thier tables. They might know of tables that have been traded in or are availible for sale.
When I was looking for a table, I found quite a few on craigslist, but the one I finally went with was one I found through a table mechanic that my favorite bar used for keeping thier tables in good shape.
thats some good advice and definitely worth a try. i know a few bar owners that i could ask.
and it makes sense that table mechanics would have the inside scoop :grin-square: -thanks

I'm located in Huntington Beach CA. I have 3 Valley Bar tables with Fresh Simonis cloth $500 each and 2 Murrey Bar Boxes with worn simonis cloth $300 each. I won't deliver for this price but your more than welcome to pick them up. The traps have been removed. I'm looking to get rid of them as quickly as possible . call me at 714-943-7137.
AHA! looks like we have a really good lead here.
traps? as in the coin-slot ball return function? not a big deal, but do you any 7 ft tables with the coin-operated function?
I would think if and when I move again having the coin-op feature would help in re-sale value.
Anyway, I have some free time this weekend, so i'll most likely give you a call so i can come take a look at those tables

Last edited: