WTB Bar-co pocket tighteners

camargored

Camargo Red Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I know a guy in Campbellsville KY who has some ,but i dont think he would sell them . Im just saying .

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0

These are the same idea, but not what I'm looking for. Bar-co was a company that made reducers in the 90's (not sure if they make them anymore). If you have seen them you would know what I am talking about. The ones you linked to are cheaper and don't work as well. If someone has them, they know what they are; hopefully they will be willing to sell them to me.

Thank you very much for trying guys. I really do appreciate that people try to help here on AZ. I love this place!!!

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
These are the same idea, but not what I'm looking for. Bar-co was a company that made reducers in the 90's (not sure if they make them anymore). If you have seen them you would know what I am talking about. The ones you linked to are cheaper and don't work as well. If someone has them, they know what they are; hopefully they will be willing to sell them to me.

Thank you very much for trying guys. I really do appreciate that people try to help here on AZ. I love this place!!!

I believe I know which ones these are...
The makers stopped making them and that was pretty much prior to the internet being used for e-commerce (may be one reason pictures are hard to find).
The set includes 4 pocket reducers with a hard rubber face plus a set of 4 shims to place behind the pocket reducer to make sure the face of the reducer lines up with the pocket edge. They were priced kind of high for the 90's (think around $125-$150 for a set) and the billiard industry just did not take to them for the price. Believe they were out of NY State.

I own a set and will try to post a picture later.
Myron

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I believe I know which ones these are...
The makers stopped making them and that was pretty much prior to the internet being used for e-commerce (may be one reason pictures are hard to find).
The set includes 4 pocket reducers with a hard rubber face plus a set of 4 shims to place behind the pocket reducer to make sure the face of the reducer lines up with the pocket edge. They were priced kind of high for the 90's (think around $125-$150 for a set) and the billiard industry just did not take to them for the price. Believe they were out of NY State.

I own a set and will try to post a picture later.
Myron

You are spot on Myron. I believe they made them in different sizes also. The ones I saw were 3 1/2 inches. I think they made them in 4, 3 1/2, and 3. The ones I played on were super tight (3 1/2) and really helped focus in.

You want to sell them let me know.

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Here they are...
There is still a receipt with these when they were purchased in March 1997 for $169.
If you want them, please make an offer to include your shipping choice.

Myron

BTW - each piece is about 0.480" across the flats so you get a pocket reduction of about 0.960"...
Almost one inch.

Attachments

• IMG_1989-2.jpg
    IMG_1989-2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,263
Last edited:

rherb

Registered
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well Brandon got the set from Myron and I have been wanting a set as well. Got the OK from Brandon to hijack this thread so is there anyone else out there that would like to sell a set of these?

Thanks,
Richard