WTB D1-4 Set-tru type lathe chuck

Jr's Farm

Be inspired!
Silver Member
I'm looking to upgrade my stock Jet lathe chuck to something a little more accurate. I'm hoping to find someone with a good, used or inexpensive Bison 6-jaw with the Set-Tru function, but I would consider a good 3-jaw as well.

I know it can be a crap shoot buying a used chuck, but with the price of new ones nowadays I have to consider used.

On a related note, anyone here try this particular import chuck from Discount_Machine, and if so, what are your experiences with it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300421874071

Regards,
Frank

HoskenCues

Custom Cuemaker
Silver Member
I'm looking to upgrade my stock Jet lathe chuck to something a little more accurate. I'm hoping to find someone with a good, used or inexpensive Bison 6-jaw with the Set-Tru function, but I would consider a good 3-jaw as well.

I know it can be a crap shoot buying a used chuck, but with the price of new ones nowadays I have to consider used.

On a related note, anyone here try this particular import chuck from Discount_Machine, and if so, what are your experiences with it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300421874071

Regards,
Frank

That would be a great buy, I doubt though snyonr here would like to part with their Bison 6 jaw

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
i've got a 6jaw buck...brand new. The one downfall is that the jaws when fully tightened only go down to around .650, so doing tips or chucking a smaller drive will be a big pain n the ass. Really not trying to sell it but would consider

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
I've got a Jacobs rubberflex collet chuck & collets for sale or trade. They don't get much better than that for accuracy! PM for prices.

Attachments

• PICT0062.jpg
    PICT0062.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 321
  • PICT0063.jpg
    PICT0063.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 321
  • PICT0064.jpg
    PICT0064.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 321

Jr's Farm

Be inspired!
Silver Member
i've got a 6jaw buck...brand new. The one downfall is that the jaws when fully tightened only go down to around .650, so doing tips or chucking a smaller drive will be a big pain n the ass. Really not trying to sell it but would consider

If you'd consider it then, I'd like to see a pic or 2. PM me a price.
Got a part# ?

Thanks!
Frank

Jr's Farm

Be inspired!
Silver Member
I've got a Jacobs rubberflex collet chuck & collets for sale or trade. They don't get much better than that for accuracy! PM for prices.

Looks well seasoned, Sherm. What attachment method is it?

Regards,
Frank

(I like the Property of US Army tag on the box of collets. Surplus sale?)

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
Looks well seasoned, Sherm. What attachment method is it?

Regards,
Frank

(I like the Property of US Army tag on the box of collets. Surplus sale?)

It's not really as rough as it looks, I didn't even bother to blow the dust off it. It's been sitting on one of my benches for about 6 years. lol
To be honest I'm not sure what the configuration is called. It's a tapered cone, maybe a D1 but I'm not familiar with D1's so I can't say for sure. You should be able to mount it on most anything with the right backing plate and a little ingenuity. I got it in a barter quite a while back but if you do a search on ebay you'll find some with a "buy it now price" of $1200. I'll take $500 shipped (conus) for it to an AZ member.

Last edited: