WTB Tucker or Haley?

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
The OP asked a question and I answered it...isn't that what the forums are all about? I am by no means anyone's publicist, but perhaps I should take your suggestion and make a career move. :grin:

Lisa,
Don't worry, lol.. I'll say this, Tucker makes a very good cue. When we were sponsoring a local tourney, I actually gave one for a raffle. i haven't see it since. But I'll say this I have had 4 and they all were fantastic cues.

Here are pics of one he made for Mark K, and one he is making for me.

It's bad form for one cuemaker to dis another cuemaker, BTW. Especially when one has an 8 year wait and the other, well..... doesn't.

JV

Attachments

• tucker_butt_hi.jpg
    tucker_butt_hi.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 198
  • jvb1.jpg
    jvb1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 208

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have never had the opportunity to play a Tucker, but I do know a friend who has one and it is quite a fine cue, not to mention Murray is a fine gentleman. I was in a bind once and he did a kind favor for me and asked for nothing in return. I was amazed, and will never forget it.

Four years ago I got lucky and won Murray's AZ auction for a Tucker. I had heard good things about Murray, but we each have our own tastes in cue play, so no expectations. The cue was a monster (still is :)).

You can read Murray's bio in Lisa's thread, but I'll just second what you said about Murray being a fine gentleman. The thing that impresses me most about his cue-making, is that he works with so many different joints, pins, woods, styles, and still gets a great hit out of any of them, and they all have his superior attention to detail.

His sneakies show up used on AZ from time to time, and the prices are very reasonable for used cues - you should grab one.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Lisa,
Don't worry, lol.. I'll say this, Tucker makes a very good cue. When we were sponsoring a local tourney, I actually gave one for a raffle. i haven't see it since. But I'll say this I have had 4 and they all were fantastic cues.

It's bad form for one cuemaker to dis another cuemaker, BTW. Especially when one has an 8 year wait and the other, well..... doesn't.

JV

great post Joe ..... Some people can only dream of a 8 year waiting list. :grin-square:

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Four years ago I got lucky and won Murray's AZ auction for a Tucker. I had heard good things about Murray, but we each have our own tastes in cue play, so no expectations. The cue was a monster (still is :)).

Thanks so much for allowing me the privilege to play with your cue for a while, it really is a monster...and I miss it! :wink:

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lisa,

JV

Joe, really liking the butt sleeve of yours in-progress. Nice design, and the cue should be a real looker!! The playability is a given. :smile:

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
WTB Tucker or Haley? 02-10-2011 05:18 PM cuedoctor Very classless from a cuemaker who has zero wait! I can guarentee some people think your cues are shit

I just got nice note with a red rep from cuedoctor. Thank you very much. I was not trying to dog Mr. Haley, I was just giving my honest opinion.

I never said his cues hit like junk, I just said I was not impressed. With that said, I don't think there is anything wrong with the way his cue hit, but for me, I am the type of person who is always looking for that special hit, and as a cuemaker, that is what work toward. I have only hit one of his cues and the perfection in craftsmanship was definitely outstanding, but for some reason, the hit was just not there for me.

If I have offended anyone with my post, I publicly apologize as that was not my intention, and yes, I am sure I've made some very $hitty cues.

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
JV

For the record, I wasn't trying to dis Ron, just give my honest opinion, but you sir, are most certainly trying to dis me, and I think you owe me an apology. I don't think Ron is hurting for business or will suffer over anything said, so knowing that, what did I do that was so intentionally wrong? or were you just trying to make me look like a jerk? Maybe I hurt your sensitive feelings.

The truth is, I gave my honest opinion where most people would be afraid to and it didn't agree with you, so now I am the bad guy.

Excuse me for not having a waiting list, how long is yours? and besides, how condescending can a person be to judge someone based on how long their waiting list is?

Sorry to the OP for this, but I wanted to set things straight. I hope you find what you're looking for, and for the record, I think you would be very happy with either cue.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
For the record, I wasn't trying to dis Ron, just give my honest opinion, but you sir, are most certainly trying to dis me, and I think you owe me an apology. I don't think Ron is hurting for business or will suffer over anything said, so knowing that, what did I do that was so intentionally wrong? or were you just trying to make me look like a jerk? Maybe I hurt your sensitive feelings.

The truth is, I gave my honest opinion where most people would be afraid to and it didn't agree with you, so now I am the bad guy.

Excuse me for not having a waiting list, how long is yours? and besides, how condescending can a person be to judge someone based on how long their waiting list is?

Sorry to the OP for this, but I wanted to set things straight. I hope you find what you're looking for, and for the record, I think you would be very happy with either cue.

How condescending can I be? You point out in your opinion about a fellow cuemakers cues, the hit which is subjective BTW, in a negative light and I am condescending?

Here, I'll give you a better Clint Eastwood quote...

A man's got to know his limitations...

JV (---apology.. yeah ok. I am sorry I read your post and now you OWE me 10 minutes of my life back.