WTS: R. Black 1/1, 6-points ebony into straight grain maple

cuennoisseur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Would like to sell 2000USD or best offer (or at least get an idea of its market value)
a Richard Black 1/1, 3high/3low points of ebony (no veneer) into straight grain maple, butt has elements of his rennaissance cue.
The cue was finished february 24th of 1995, weighs 19,5oz and is 58" long. It comes with two shafts (13mm ivory ferrels) only one
has some minor play, the other one is untouched, no dings, dents, scratches or other issues.
The original felt and joint protectors are with it, too.

Black_Complete1.JPG

mBlack_fore.JPG

mBlack_Butt1.JPG

mBlack_joint1.JPG

Thanks for your input

Dirk

Last edited:

cuennoisseur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
R. Black 1/1

Thanks, ABall.
I guess it's a solid player, too - but a little bit on the heavy side for me.
As mentioned the butt shows elements of Richard's rennaissance cue while the
forearm features points similar to the silver crown cue to be seen on his website.
Would a price of 2.500USD be "out of line"/"fair"/"reasonable"?
Any info would be welcome.

Dirk

michael103150

SHOOTER
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: Richard Black Cue

Hi Dirk,
The best way to get an idea of this cue's value is to do what your doing, ask for offers. While $2,500 might be a bit high, you never know, perhaps someone will meet it, it's certainly not unreasonable, though I think $2,000 might be more in the ballpark.
If the cue had an ivory joint, I don't like stainless steel, I could see myself considering an offer.
At any rate, you will soon know what this cue can bring in, at this time, in this market. Good luck.
michael103150

P/S - I spent 3/4 days in Cologne a lifetime ago, (35 yr's), and remember it as a very nice place.

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Cologne is a beautiful and modern city surrounded by rolling hills and farmland. I was there a 18 months ago and may be going back in November. I'll need some leads on pool rooms when I go back.

Dirk, Black cues are very common here and not really prized as collectable by many people. It looks like an attractive player and SS joints are popular for their playing ability, however there is alot of competition in that price range so be flexable.

Good luck with the sale.

Mike

cuennoisseur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
cologne

Dear fellows,
thanks for your input - and your kind words regarding cologne. It's a really nice place here and there are
plenty activities to enjoy asides pool. I'll be flexible pricewise as I'm having a new investment as you could
see in the pic. In the background you can see a historic chapel and the river rhine.
My wife and son are at the top area of our new home (no roof at that time).
cologne.jpg

Keep offers coming.

Dirk