Hi,
This is a 9' table, located in Alameda, CA. I had it moved here and installed by A1 Pool Table several years ago. In full disclosure the mover/installer mentioned one of the slate pieces has a crack. I was willing to buy a new piece or whatever was needed at the time but he said not to worry about it because it won't cause a problem. I didn't look at the crack (wasn't home) so can't give any details. I've had "real" players over before who said the table plays very nicely with the then new felt and rubber, and they could not find any issues. Their only comment was that I should have gotten better pockets installed. This table does not have the ball returns or score keeper that some of them did. I'm not certain if it ever had the ball returns. The top rail is in good condition aside from a few pool hall cigarette burns. The aprons need to be repaired or replaced if you plan to do the table justice. They are broken in a few spots. The wood is of course faded and the metal needs to be polished up.
I need to make my room more kid friendly so I'd like to buy or maybe trade for a smaller table and get a flip-top for ping pong and such.
Thanks
This is a 9' table, located in Alameda, CA. I had it moved here and installed by A1 Pool Table several years ago. In full disclosure the mover/installer mentioned one of the slate pieces has a crack. I was willing to buy a new piece or whatever was needed at the time but he said not to worry about it because it won't cause a problem. I didn't look at the crack (wasn't home) so can't give any details. I've had "real" players over before who said the table plays very nicely with the then new felt and rubber, and they could not find any issues. Their only comment was that I should have gotten better pockets installed. This table does not have the ball returns or score keeper that some of them did. I'm not certain if it ever had the ball returns. The top rail is in good condition aside from a few pool hall cigarette burns. The aprons need to be repaired or replaced if you plan to do the table justice. They are broken in a few spots. The wood is of course faded and the metal needs to be polished up.
I need to make my room more kid friendly so I'd like to buy or maybe trade for a smaller table and get a flip-top for ping pong and such.
Thanks