Yang the Tiger Killer lists Billiards as hobby

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Does anyone know more about the golfer YE Yang and his interest in billiards?

In today's paper, it listed his hobbies as billiards and fishing; I was wondering if he played pool or the 4 ball carom game you see in some asian pool halls. Maybe a poster here who lives or is stationed in Korea knows more about it.

Harrison Frazer and Doug Ford also have mentioned that pool games helped their golf.

Heres a link to the Ford article:www.golfdigest.com/magazine/myshot_gd0507

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did put a whoopin on that a$$ this weekend didn't he, after almost missing the cut on Friday.---Leonard

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I would not surprise me at all knowing how the asian culture loves their pool.

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
Honestly I think that is what our sport needs, someone that is dominent at another sport and receives much attention from media, fans etc, who loves pool and plays at a high level. If an amazing golfer or something to that degree played real good pool as well, fans might tune in to a televised match just to check him out. That could possibly spark a lot of interest in pool and raise the overall profile of our sport.

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
Where and what does he fish? What kind of rod does he use? The Bass Fishing Association is going to get a big shot in the arm with this!

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
similar skill coordinates

I was thinking every golfer I played pool with, was better than average with the cue games........must be the same hand/eye coordination knack for getting the ball in the hole.....

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member

I was thinking every golfer I played pool with, was better than average with the cue games........must be the same hand/eye coordination knack for getting the ball in the hole.....

LOL.... yeah hittin the white ball with the stick and chase it.... then repeat.:thumbup: