Your too good for this league

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
If playing in this league is not challenging enough for you - then stop playing in it. Instead, start playing in tournaments that have players that are at or above your level. Obviously, there is nothing more for you to prove in this league - so move forward.

That only works if 9-ball is the game you like to play. Sounds like he is an 8-ball guy.

MinoInADixeCup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TheBook said:
I would tell them that the reason I am playing is I want to have a 54 point average and then see how drunk I can get and still maintain it.

LOL, getting that drunk gets expensive, then there is the hassle of getting your car the next morning, not to mention the hangovers......:D

J/K, I do drink more on that league and I fire at shots I would never consider trying on the other leagues I play on. The problem is, when they go in, I usually go out and give them a 2 or 3 (1 point per ball, 2 on the 8) and if they don't go in, the guy coming in often can't get out even with a wide open table and 4 balls left.

I don't know, maybe I should just stop playing on it and get my own table to practice on while the league is going on and then play with my friends afterward. It's either that or shoot left handed.

MinoInADixeCup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
catscradle said:
That only works if 9-ball is the game you like to play. Sounds like he is an 8-ball guy.

The leagues are all 8 ball, but I'm a better 9 ball player, I just don't enjoy 9 ball as much. If I could find a straight pool league or 1 pocket league, then a longer drive wouldn't bother me as much.

Thanks for all the input guys and gals.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MinoInADixeCup said:
I probably should have added that most of them have no interest in ever getting better or in playing on a tougher league.

This is an issue with many "pool players". I have seen some younger kids in my pool room start out almost as total beginners, after a few months of watching and practicing, they can run some balls and have learned the "right" way of getting around the table. Those people enter the local tournament sometimes and play in the league to do well and test themselves.

There are also several people who play almost daily that have played at the same level because they play the same people who are just as bad as they are, don't learn from the better players, and don't seem to care about improving, yet complain when they miss or get beat. Those same people also like to have a new stick every other week. Go figure.

I say just play your game, I don't get why somene would want to win even though you let them instead of actually beating you. No satisfaction in that.