YouTube Trolls: gotta love em

juanbond

Software Engineer
Silver Member
I enjoy a good hearty laugh from time to time... But some messages I got on one of my YouTube vids just has me rolling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIOuiwFbpXg

Apparently none of the shots on this video are "hard" for this person... I keep telling her that she hasn't ever been on this table, so really has no frame of reference. The very first shot in the video is an extremely narrow cross corner bank, with inside english to turn it back off the rail towards the pocket. And of course, this is a very tight-pocketed 10x5 snooker table, but with 2.25" balls. I guess, in her eyes, that doesn't make it any more difficult. Christ, you can see the ball barely rattle in! It's not a shot I think anyone can make more than 2 out of 10, on that equipment. After the shot, we spent 15-20 minutes trying to make it again, and couldn't! Even Hitman, who took 3rd in the 2005 APA 8ball singles nationals couldn't do it in that much time.

Anyhow...am I crazy or what? I need to learn to ignore this kind of stuff, but I just like to debate with people, I suppose.
 
ericyow said:
"I like my sugar with coffe and cream." BB

haha old school

Hehe yes!

Hey Eric... By the way, it was really fun seeing you compete with Massey and Sayginer on ESPN. Keep it up!
 
Anything harder than shooting a spot-shot from the kitchen should be regarded as a hard shot. That would include most banks, most shots from the rail and most shots that have high degree distance (between cueball and objectball AND object ball and pocket) and angle.
 
Jude Rosenstock said:
Anything harder than shooting a spot-shot from the kitchen should be regarded as a hard shot. That would include most banks, most shots from the rail and most shots that have high degree distance (between cueball and objectball AND object ball and pocket) and angle.

Absolutely... Or on anything with tight pockets.

It's funny how the anonymity of the internet can make anyone a complete badass at anything. It's easy to cut people down when they aren't right there to punch you in the mouth.
 
juanbond said:
Absolutely... Or on anything with tight pockets.

It's funny how the anonymity of the internet can make anyone a complete badass at anything. It's easy to cut people down when they aren't right there to punch you in the mouth.


Well, making hard shots is no big trick. Anybody can make a hard shot so the value of this video is minimal. You're looking at a guy in his basement.

Now, show me a video of a guy who has to make a spot-shot or he loses his bankroll and I will be impressed.
 
Jude Rosenstock said:
Well, making hard shots is no big trick. Anybody can make a hard shot so the value of this video is minimal. You're looking at a guy in his basement.

Now, show me a video of a guy who has to make a spot-shot or he loses his bankroll and I will be impressed.

Hehe yeah... Anyhow, I just make these videos for the sheer fun of it. I like looking back on good times and good pool.
 
I like your videos man. The music is always good and most of it I have never heard. I like the way your videos are man. Keep up the good job.

Jon

PS- That eight footer has to be a piece of cake after shooting on that ten footer.
 
jon21588 said:
I like your videos man. The music is always good and most of it I have never heard. I like the way your videos are man. Keep up the good job.

Jon

PS- That eight footer has to be a piece of cake after shooting on that ten footer.

Thanks, bro, I'm glad you enjoy them. Now with an 8-footer in my living room, I'll probably have 1-2 new vids per week. Yeah, the 8-footer is definitely easy compared to the 10-foot snooker table... Although the eight does have some tough corner pockets!
 
asbani said:
Nice vid. but this isn't pool. I never seen this game before. what is it? :)

That video ("Damn Hard Shots") is made of clips from a mix of games... Some snooker, some bank pool, some Honolulu, some 8-ball.

Be sure to check out my other vids (the link is in my signature below). Thanks for the nice comment!
 
juanbond said:
Thanks, bro, I'm glad you enjoy them. Now with an 8-footer in my living room, I'll probably have 1-2 new vids per week. Yeah, the 8-footer is definitely easy compared to the 10-foot snooker table... Although the eight does have some tough corner pockets!
Most of your "tricks" were side pocket shots. For anyone that wasn't played on a snooker table, a side pocket will take almost 3 balls in it's jaws because the cushion edge is round. Also, I noticed you edited out some of the scratches............
 
Back
Top