shotmaker test

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
This is still on my list of things to do, but it honestly is not high priority, and it keeps getting moved further down on my list.

I'm sorry to disappoint you. I know this is very important to you. Unfortunately, it isn't that important to me.

Again, if you want to see examples of me shooting, buy VEPS and VEPP.

Regards,
Dave

Understandable and not surprising. Will check back, down the road.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Does that mean you don't need to see the video after all? :grin:

Don't worry ... you'll get your video (w/o the pissing).

Regards,
Dr. Cranky ;)

Just checking back with you, Dave...

Eric >hopes Dave isn't welching

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just checking back with you, Dave...
My previous posting on this topic still applies (see below), and probably will for the next year or so. I've been busy working on a new project.

Again, I'm sorry I've disappointed you.

Regards,
Dave

quote of previous message that continues to apply:

This is still on my list of things to do, but it honestly is not high priority, and it keeps getting moved further down on my list.

I'm sorry to disappoint you. I know this is very important to you. Unfortunately, it isn't that important to me.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Might be busy until 2042.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I wonder why the Dr dosnt venture there.You think a guy who has put out some really good information on pool would have know problem with doing a simple drill.:confused:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't read the whole thread, just a few posts, and know this was not the original Colin thread from years ago (where did he go anyway?). I'm thinking of trying this drill. A couple questions: are the shots supposed to be hit a certain way (position wise), or however you feel gives you the best chance to make them? Can we do it on any size table?

Thanks.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Honestly, I see no useful purpose in creating and posting a video of me running through a shot-making drill, other than to show off or prove that Eric and Spidey are better shot makers than me. (I already know that.) Usually, I only dedicate time to creating and posting videos that are instructional and potentially beneficial for people to watch. I don't think most people are interested in watching somebody making (and/or missing) a bunch of cut shots. Shot-making drills are useful for practicing and assessing one's shot-making improvement (or lack of improvement) over time, but they are not much fun to watch, IMO. :boring2:

But since this seems to be so important to both of you guys, I will find some time over the next few weeks to do what you ask. I know you probably want it sooner, but it is just not possible with my professional and personal schedule over the next two weeks.

I think we should also post videos of us urinating to see how far each of us can pee. That way the pissing contest can be complete so we can really see where we each stack up on the manliness scale. :p

FYI, I'm not serious about the pissing contest, but I will post the video you guys have been craving for so many years. I guess I should somehow feel flattered or honored by all of the attention. Hopefully, the video will help you guys find the satisfaction or peace you seem to need and want so desperately. :frown:

Regards,
Dave

PS: I will post the video and reply to this message when it is available. And if I don't get it done within three weeks, feel free to remind me and insult me some more if you so desire.

Still ducking?

Eric

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Still ducking?
Nothing has changed from my previous messages (see below), and probably will for the 8-10 months or so. I've been busy working on a new project, not to mention my other commitments and responsibilities (mostly from my "day job").

Regards,
Dave

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
No problem (although, not surprising). Will check back with you, down the road.

Eric

Nothing has changed from my previous messages (see below), and probably will for the 8-10 months or so. I've been busy working on a new project, not to mention my other commitments and responsibilities (mostly from my "day job").

Regards,
Dave

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Dr. Dave should shoot the shot test. Nobody cares what he scores, but it'd be nice just to be remembered as someone who was the heart to try and the courage to post a video since many don't.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Still ducking?

Eric

vince lombardi wasnt a great football player
phil jackson was not among the best during his playing days
michael jordan doesnt have a dynasty basketball team that he owns/runs
point is
dr dave could be an F player and still should be voted into the pool hall of fame for all the knowledge he gave out FREE and for his dvds
thats my opinion
im stickin to it
and i DONT think im wrong
LARRY(bbb)
p,s,
dr dave thank you for all you do for pool:thumbup:

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
point is
dr dave could be an F player and still should be voted into the pool hall of fame for all the knowledge he gave out FREE and for his dvds
thats my opinion
im stickin to it
LARRY(bbb)
p,s,
Thanks to everybody for the supportive posts, PMs, and e-mails. I appreciate it.

Have a great weekend,
Dave

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
It is easier to be critical than to put in the time. It requires much time to get degrees in engineering. And Dave has passed the test in engineering.

No doubt about it. Dave is a contributor in engineering and at pool.

As to Daves performance in shooting, I am sure Dave could gain a couple of balls and feel much better.

Dave is going through a process that will eventually merge his thinking with table performance.

I began my study of pool in my 50's.
My BS and MS in engineering should have helped in uncovering basic and advanced pool concepts, but they proved to be a handicap. I felt that I needed to know the shot technically before it felt natural. Understanding the relationship and physical interactions on the pool table is important to me and how I shoot. You can ask a champion how to make a shot, and receive the 'what' part but many champions do not know the 'why' part. I began searching for the 'why' answers and I have discovered some but not all. I abandoned the 'why' requirement since it began to distract me from improvement of my game. I also abandoned thinking while in the down position. If you don’t learn an old lesson, the negative results will become a constant and nagging companion. I prefer to understand the shot technicality, but this is now under reasonable control.

On the practice table I still look for and have discovered some first principles.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
point is
thats my opinion
im stickin to it
LARRY(bbb)
p,s,

99% of Dave's info is copied from posts on azb and other forums. He got it for free so he should give it for free. I'm NOT knocking...just stating fact. He DID invent the peace sign though.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Here is a guy that gets it.

In a nutshell, having higher technical knowledge of the physics or "the why", while may be helpful, is only a small fraction of the required and necessary knowledge of being an expert in Pool. Being able to execute at a higher level unlocks certain subtle skills and aspects in the game that cannot be truly understood by just observation and theories.

I think thats all most have been trying to say.

Eric

It is easier to be critical than to put in the time. It requires much time to get degrees in engineering. And Dave has passed the test in engineering.

No doubt about it. Dave is a contributor in engineering and at pool.

As to Daves performance in shooting, I am sure Dave could gain a couple of balls and feel much better.

Dave is going through a process that will eventually merge his thinking with table performance.

I began my study of pool in my 50's.
My BS and MS in engineering should have helped in uncovering basic and advanced pool concepts, but they proved to be a handicap. I felt that I needed to know the shot technically before it felt natural. Understanding the relationship and physical interactions on the pool table is important to me and how I shoot. You can ask a champion how to make a shot, and receive the 'what' part but many champions do not know the 'why' part. I began searching for the 'why' answers and I have discovered some but not all. I abandoned the 'why' requirement since it began to distract me from improvement of my game. I also abandoned thinking while in the down position. If you don’t learn an old lesson, the negative results will become a constant and nagging companion. I prefer to understand the shot technicality, but this is now under reasonable control.

On the practice table I still look for and have discovered some first principles.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two comments from what I've read on the last two pages. I don't know Dr. Dave from Adam but I did purchase his VEPS (?) DVD set. TONS of great information and very well done. I don't really give a shit whether he can beat an APA 4, the DVD set is great. I'm not sure why anyone would wish to hassle him, makes no sense to me whatsoever. There is nothing in his posts or demeanor here that invites any negative posts in his direction.

As far as physics, I had the GREAT fortune of spending a day with John Brumback. I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering. John has a Phd in Pool. I asked John several technical type questions and his typical response was something to the effect "you just know". The longer translation is "I'm a genius in pool, I've hit 10 million balls and I'm a savant when it comes to pool". John may not have a Phd in physics but I'll stake John anytime for any Doctor of Physics that wants to take him on in a match of bank pool.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
99% of Dave's info is copied from posts on azb and other forums. He got it for free so he should give it for free. I'm NOT knocking...just stating fact. He DID invent the peace sign though.

Thanks for the red rep Bob. You got me with that one.

In almost every section of his he's copied/pasted quotes from users here on azbilliards. His entire aiming section is a collection of post quotes. If you think my post above is a personal attack, well I guess the truth hurts.