Jen.B and Emily.D what are you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
p.s. one of my "league partners" last year was Jeremy Jones (US OPEN Champion).

Cleary to the rescue..NYC doesn't take any bullshit...To be honest pros playing in leagues is a great way to interact with the lower level players and gain fans and interest..And also maybe these players just like to have fun and play pool sometimes instead of being so serious.This is what league is about correct?

I have to agree, I've been accused of not "getting out enough" and started playing in a league last year. We just played one game against the 5 other team members so it was just a fun, social thing and I did enjoy it. I have to admit it's difficult for me to "adjust" to just having fun playing pool. One thing that's frustrating about the "pool world" is once you reach the highest levels it's difficult to get a game...even for $10 or $20. I give some of the best players in Dallas the 5/7 and the break and it got where no one would play anymore (I will still play that game).

It sure makes it challenging to "get back in stroke" when the only ones that will play are champions that want to bet really high. Gambling for big stakes required practice too, it's just not possible to get up and play great when you're not use to gambling at all.

I think it's AWESOME that Jennifer and Emily D are playing in leagues AND I'd be happy to get the opportunity to play, and socialize with them and the other professional women players. That actually sounds like a lot of fun.

p.s. one of my "league partners" last year was Jeremy Jones (US OPEN Champion).
The Game is the Teacher - CLICK PIC

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
And I'm the one that need to grow up?

L.O.L., Cleary.

Eric >really

You're just taking this way to serious dude. I've never had a problem with you and I never attacked you or your playing ability. Simply used it as a point of reference. Maybe I was wrong about your speed, I did say "correct me if I'm wrong". In hindsight I should have known, you took offense when I said you play even with Rapheal Dabreo. Oh well, I'll refrain from saying how you play in the future.

They are both 3 on 8 above me, at least. I'm not upset about that.

miramachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And then he said this. Then she said that. And he said this! But no, she said this!!!! NO NO NO, he said this and I was like, wwhahaaaaa..... then she said what? I mean, like... but yea.

Andrew>really

I sooo totally know, right? I mean like whatever!

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all fairness, Emily isn't not an amazing player but she's no apa6. I would say she plays bout even with you. She's a B+ in leagues and tournaments and does well. (From what I've seen you're about at the B+, correct me if I'm wrong) Just giving credit where it's due, she's improving.

Agreed. Calling Emily an APA 6 is under-rating her considerably. I have over 400 APA matches (all as a 7) and over 300 wins (all as a 7) and I'd like to think, I know a 7 when I see one. I think the most fair thing to say is, she could get away with being a 6 but people would complain. Honeslty, I can't think of anyone ranked B+ in our BCA leagues who is anything less than a 7 in the APA.

Personally, I think Emily's B+ rating is about right. I think she shows a lot of raw talent that allows her to look very A'ish at times but her inexperience combined with over-confidence leads to some mistakes. I can't say what the future holds for her. Only Emily knows that. I will say, once her head catches up with her arm, it wouldn't surprise me if she were competing with the top tier of women.

Seriously, I'm not sure what the intent of this thread is. Complaining about her playing in leagues is ridiculous. New York City's poolroom leagues allow EVERYONE to play no matter how good they are. I think that's one of the reasons why we disproportionately do very well in the BCA Championships in Vegas. We're a small group but we're constantly exposed to greatness and that only happens when you're not banning your top local players. Emily fits right into our group. She has an above-average rating in fields that include the very best players in the world. I think that says it all.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lmao, at another womens pro thread.
There is no womens pro tour PERIOD.

But on a sidenote, any pros men/women willing to play league is a bonus to everyone involved with the league. You should appreciate that for sure.

QueenB

Andonteven think about it
Silver Member
Eric....

Eric, If you think Emily is an APA6, you havn't seen her play. I play even with Emily and I don't think you want to give me the 9 playing 10ball. I've seen you play and I would love the 9ball.

I saw your matches at Turning Stone, and I don't think you should be judging other player's abilities.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can say that again

But on a sidenote, any pros men/women willing to play league is a bonus to everyone involved with the league. You should appreciate that for sure.

You can say that again buddy :)

537129_10151290362089213_2040130653_n.jpg

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
And I'm the one that need to grow up?

L.O.L., Cleary.

Eric >really

Emily said she will play that game. I'm not going out of my way for it so if you want to come up to Steinway, let me know when you're ready.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Eric, If you think Emily is an APA6, you havn't seen her play. I play even with Emily and I don't think you want to give me the 9 playing 10ball. I've seen you play and I would love the 9ball.

I saw your matches at Turning Stone, and I don't think you should be judging other player's abilities.

Only someone that plays better than someone else can judge another players abilities?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member

Borana,

I've nvr had an issue with you and usually say hi just to be cordial, so I find it a bit surprising that you are jumping in here. C'est le vie.

Again, I've nvr claimed to be some kind of high level player or posturing about my place in Pool. I'll leave that to others in the NYC area.

That said, you are putting me down for making an honest opinion cuz of my playing ability? Really, Borana? Well, hell, YOU aren't exactly willing to spot me a ball, so what does that say about you (using your silly azz reasoning)?

Eric

Last edited:

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but this forum is about 30,000 members strong of people who can't play near the speed of some of the pros who's game they judge/rate/critique. If you're saying that one can only comment on the ability of someone else if they play as good or better, then we'll have to delete thousands of threads and remove thousands of members. By this rationale, this forum is going to dwindle rapidly. It'll be little more than a blog by the end of the day. And commentary during streamed matches would be extreeeeeemely boring and tired.

Emily said she will play that game. I'm not going out of my way for it so if you want to come up to Steinway, let me know when you're ready.

Just playing devil's advocate here but....

You were the one who threw the spot/game out there. You were the one who made the call to see if your horse would play. Now that Eric has said he'll play the game, you don't want to go out of your way?

Last edited:

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only someone that plays better than someone else can judge another players abilities?

Yes and no. I think there's a different perspective and a different appreciation in your analysis of other players as you improve. No two players are going to agree on the correct approach 100% of the time. Hell, they might not even agree with themselves day-to-day! I think the better you get, the more you understand that and the more you try to understand what your subject was trying to accomplish. With that said, everyone likes playing the role of commentator no matter how good they are in pool and some are pretty good at it in spite of their own short-comings.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I disagree and honestly your view point on this is very off base. I can only assume you don't watch much sports and listen to the announcers. Or read those great NY newspapers and the writers they have.

I've seen you play but not Emily so I won't comment on her abilities. As a warm blooded American, I appreiciate her sharing her pics with us. Feel free to share any of your own so we can at least compare that on this site.

QueenB

Andonteven think about it
Silver Member
Borana,

I've nvr had an issue with you and usually say high just to be cordial, so I find it a bit surprising that you are jumping in here. C'est le vie.

Again, I've nvr claimed to be some kind of high level player or posturing about my place in Pool. I'll leave that to others in the NYC area.

That said, you are putting me down for making an honest opinion cuz of my playing ability? Really, Borana? Well, hell, YOU aren't exactly willing to spot me a ball, so what does that say about you (using your silly azz reasoning)?

Eric

You are the one that came in this thread and said Emily is an APA 6. She is a solid player and you have no right to say that.

And don't think I don't remember your from years ago when you used to bash my game too.

Now let me know if you want to play.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Just playing devil's advocate here but....

You were the one who threw the spot/game out there. You were the one who made the call to see if your horse would play. Now that Eric has said he'll play the game, you don't want to go out of your way?

I didn't try to make a game. I rated her game as 'bout even' with his. He said if I back her, he will play. That's fine. I didn't try to be her backer... Im just putting my money where my mouth is.

They can play but Im not doing anything special to see it other than betting. He can come to steinway or amsterdam if he wants to play. That's where she wants to play. If not, then Im not stressing over it.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
You are the one that came in this thread and said Emily is an APA 6. She is a solid player and you have no right to say that.

And don't think I don't remember your from years ago when you used to bash my game too.

Now let me know if you want to play.

I think you need to find a post where I "bashed" your game. Commenting is one thing, bashing is a whole nutha animal.

But, based on your last two comments, comments made when no one was addressing you or "calling you out", one really has to question why you are jumping in here?

Well, I suppose you and I can play too. What do you propose?

Eric

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hypothetically speaking, if this match goes off and you win...... Does he ever get a rematch? Just curious since I know you had a match before and wouldn't play again. (Don't know the details other than you were asked for a rematch and didn't play)

Reactions: mia
Status
Not open for further replies.