A Request From AZB for Active Sellers

macneilb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Again, reading is key and its not just you. I dont necessarily refuse? I have morals, and when people (the owners hear) BLATANLY cover up crimes, and wrong doings I have a problem in turn GIVING them money when sideways asking for it.

I lost thousands a few times, and never said a word here cause it was between me and them. THEN OTHER PEOPLE who were screwed by the same guys, come forward and start threads, they are covered up. Coinsidence? I dont know, but it sure is weird, that some pyschos are allowed to break the rules multiple time, defame people, start trouble and yet give the owners something and all is forgotten.

Yet I or many others post added pictures to a sales thread within the 48 hr time and it gets deleted:eek: Is that fair?

Its not a matter of whining or anything. I could care less if I ever sell another cue here. I have friends here, and I socialize with them. Ive met MANY people here who have stayed at my home, gambled with, bought dinner with, met my wife and kids....and a few of my BEST friends I met here asking to buy a Southwest one day many years ago. I will support this place, but I need to know a few things first.

Thats all my original post was about, nothing more, nothing less.

I understand you have some gripes about the site, but the point is, you still use it (alot..close to 100 transactions)..and it costs money to run it. If you felt that morally violated, why continue to use such a corrupt site? The mods have done something here most places/companies don't...ASK for a donation rather than DEMAND a fee like most sites that provide a service. That to me shows they truly care about what the members want. Is it perfect? No. What is? Nothing. Do they provide a great service you and all of us use? Yes. So just man up and give something back.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
Plus I emptied out paypal on a Kimber .45 cal with a laser site, pistol grip activated with a 3.5 inch barrel and custom holster. Bought from a Gun Forum.

I have had more guns than I have had cues...:eek: You should have got the Cyberdine model 101 with 40 watt range, it packsprays like non other....

"Stay Golden Ponyboy"

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Edit to add: That the fact I am being called shady by a dude who uses a picture of himself standing next to Cliff Joyner as an avatar is beyond priceless.Whats even funnier is Cliff is wearing a shirt he bit from us.

I have to admit, you got me there.

I had to smile on that.

Ken

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
bottom line:

the owners/mods of az don't *owe* any answers or anything else, for that matter.

they have come up with the biggest and best pool site in the world. :thumbup:

there are some flaws, as would be expected.

you have apparently managed to work around those few flaws very nicely doing approx. 100 deals on here. although there is no way to tell whether or not these deals were of benefit to you, my sense is that they were.

I think it's a-ok to vent and tell what you don't like about az.

but when someone, like yourself, has *taken* as much as you have from this site, then the correct thing to do would be to answer the call when AZ asks for your help.

make sense?

you can work with them separately on your gripes.

imo

best,
brian kc

There are no flaws when its not costing anything....Its like Facebook....I use it, but when a billionaire asks people to pay to use it, the clientelle will drop. thats all, nothing else

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
I have had more guns than I have had cues...:eek: You should have got the Cyberdine model 101 with 40 watt range, it packsprays like non other....

"Stay Golden Ponyboy"

Lol, When I start buying GUNS from you is when I need to take a break. My favorite is people STILL cannot see or understand what I am saying...Comical.....How many of these hippcrites have received payment from paypal as a "gift"? I bet LOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

same concept,,,,,you use it, but dont wanna pay for it. My complaint is just slightly different. I use it, I read it, I know people from here, but Im not "paying" unless there are some answers?

We belong to a swimclub, we pay dues and part of that you "own" it....They cant raise my fee to put in a new pool unless they tell me why..slightly different but still kind of similar.

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Even though i have not personally sold anything here. I let certain friends help me by selling for me. I love AZB so i am eager to support this forum by paying the $34.95 for a Gold membership. I have now PAID by PayPal.
Bob

Last edited:

Jerry Forsyth

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, didn't this train run off the tracks. Uh, guys, look. We really do not take down threads in vengeance or to pick on any one individual. We take them down because someone screws them up or breaks the rules. And I an seriously not going to spend time trying to investigate why an individual post was removed.

So if that bothers you then please feel free to continue using all of our forums in any way you wish and I am sorry if you feel picked upon. It is not intentional. We do not want anyone to go Gold who is in any way uncomfortable with the idea. We are twisting no arms and throwing no guilt. We like you guys, even the ones who complain about us.

The idea of the sub-forums is a good one. At least I like it. But I do wonder how many potential shoppers come into the forum not really looking for anything specific and wind up impulse buying something they see there. I was in the market for a $400 cue when I bought one that caught my eye for $1300.

I fear all the sub-forums might cost you guys impulse buyers. And I do not know how many different forum areas potential shoppers would visit. So think about that and give me some more input.

What I would like is for V-Bulletin to develop to the point that you could search for a price point and it would reorganize for that search. But I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Remember, this is not our software on the forums.

Talk to me!

But let's not this thread just go to hades. Can we still encourage those who do not object to the idea to go Gold?

Thanks to all of you who have and to all of you who take the time to give us your thoughts.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Well, didn't this train run off the tracks. Uh, guys, look. We really do not take down threads in vengeance or to pick on any one individual. We take them down because someone screws them up or breaks the rules. And I an seriously not going to spend time trying to investigate why an individual post was removed.

So if that bothers you then please feel free to continue using all of our forums in any way you wish and I am sorry if you feel picked upon. It is not intentional. We do not want anyone to go Gold who is in any way uncomfortable with the idea. We are twisting no arms and throwing no guilt. We like you guys, even the ones who complain about us.

The idea of the sub-forums is a good one. At least I like it. But I do wonder how many potential shoppers come into the forum not really looking for anything specific and wind up impulse buying something they see there. I was in the market for a $400 cue when I bought one that caught my eye for $1300.

I fear all the sub-forums might cost you guys impulse buyers. And I do not know how many different forum areas potential shoppers would visit. So think about that and give me some more input.

What I would like is for V-Bulletin to develop to the point that you could search for a price point and it would reorganize for that search. But I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Remember, this is not our software on the forums.

Talk to me!

But let's not this thread just go to hades. Can we still encourage those who do not object to the idea to go Gold?

Thanks to all of you who have and to all of you who take the time to give us your thoughts.

Jerry

I don't think there's any topic on AZ that won't degrade into some type of slug-fest or another. It seems like your "fund drive" has been very successful, both here and with the JB cases. Congrats.

I would like to see sub categories of cues by price. For sure, the more expensive cues get a lot of commentary from non-buyers and people that want to trade information about collectibles and I'd like to see that be "OK" where as right now with some many things falling into "For Sale" every bump is hyper-analyzed.

Great site, easily the best in pool. I hope you raise a million bucks.

Thanks

Kevin

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Gold

Jerry,

I think that if you do anything on this or the sub-forums you should contribute. It's a small thing to ask. In the "Ask the cuemaker " section there's lots of new people wanting to learn how to repair or make cues and they receive valuable information which saves them time and hundred or thousand of dollars. It also promotes interest and customers.

I don't mind donating my time to answering questions but I want the section to succeed.

Mario

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Have an option to 'auto-renew' Gold memberships.

you will generate more revenue and it would be a nice convenience for members.

best,
brian kc

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I thought that requiring a Gold just to sell one cue might be a bit steep.
Then when JimmyL mentioned the EBay and Pay Pal fees for one transaction, one Gold Membership is cheaper.

I haven't sold a cue on EBay for some time now, so that is getting a bit steep.

Someone said that it might keep people from running scams or at least one scam.

If a Seller gets his Gold revoked, that puts a stop to that real quick. Makes it worth while for even the buyers.

they get free rain on everything.

My Garden likes all the Free Reign it can get. So do the weeds.

My wife is a Psych Nurse. I get all my help for free so there.

I was going to suggest that we trade for awhile but I don't need any free legal advice.

Last edited:

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
267   0   0
Was wondering I paid the yearly fee but it still says silver member by my name and what benefits and things are there for being gold member I saw something about giveaway prizes or something just looking for info I would have paid that fee for 1 month of AZ services haha. Thanks AZ again for the use of ur site.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've learned all kinds of things in this thread. Some very interesting pieces of information.

:p

I hope this continues to grow, Jerry. I think those who use the forums to generate revenue should certainly contribute.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Holdem, everyone stays Gold and Silver for a day until the transaction goes thru, or something like that. Or they check the actual transaction against your name.

The Silver will disappear in a day.

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
I thought that requiring a Gold just to sell one cue might be a bit steep.
Then when JimmyL mentioned the EBay and Pay Pal fees for one transaction, one Gold Membership is cheaper.

I haven't sold a cue on EBay for some time now, so that is getting a bit steep.

Someone said that it might keep people from running scams or at least one scam.

If a Seller gets his Gold revoked, that puts a stop to that real quick. Makes it worth while for even the buyers.

My Garden likes all the Free Reign it can get. So do the weeds.

My wife is a Psych Nurse. I get all my help for free so there.

I was going to suggest that we trade for awhile but I don't need any free legal advice.

Hey you found an autocorrect typo:thumbup: way to go!!! Are you sure your not a psych patient? And the "wife" is just the help I the facility? :thumbup:

Anyway, nice contribution. :rolleyes:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Jerry,
Gold membership for constant sellers is a good start. But I do agree with some other posters and I have tried to champion this cause many times. Sub forums are long overdue. They do not have to be over done, and by that I mean cues, cases, books/videos, other... you don't need to go into customs, production, 100-400, 401-800, all that is a waste. But just coming into those little sub cats would reduce the clutter immensely.

Joe

Talk to me!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jerry,
Gold membership for constant sellers is a good start. But I do agree with some other posters and I have tried to champion this cause many times. Sub forums are long overdue. They do not have to be over done, and by that I mean cues, cases, books/videos, other... you don't need to go into customs, production, 100-400, 401-800, all that is a waste. But just coming into those little sub cats would reduce the clutter immensely.

Joe

For those of us who aren't collectors or flippers, and have a budget in mind when looking for a cue, a couple of price ranges would be nice.

I stopped looking at the Wanted/For Sale forum when I was shopping for my cue, cuz there are just too many posted, and most of them way out of my budget. Exercise in futility. I am sure that there are other like me out here, as well.

But since I'm not a collector or flipper, I won't be buying cues all the time, so my opinion on this really doesn't matter, I suppose...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
For those of us who aren't collectors or flippers, and have a budget in mind when looking for a cue, a couple of price ranges would be nice.

I stopped looking at the Wanted/For Sale forum when I was shopping for my cue, cuz there are just too many posted, and most of them way out of my budget. Exercise in futility. I am sure that there are other like me out here, as well.

But since I'm not a collector or flipper, I won't be buying cues all the time, so my opinion on this really doesn't matter, I suppose...

people who don't want to wade through many pages of listings can always post a Wanted To Buy WTB: thread giving sellers an idea of the type of cue and price range and, rather quickly, cues that match your criteria will be showing up - unless of course they have their heart set on a $350 inlaid Tasc. :) :grin-square:

best,
brian kc

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
All I am saying is like anything, moderation is good. But if you start getting into micro-categories then you'll end up with...

wanted/forsale-cues-under 500-ebony nose-not made in asia-elephant-friendly-linen wrap-under 19.5 oz-won't ship to Canada

JV