A Request From AZB for Active Sellers

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Jerry,

Looks like your call to action is having an effect on members...congrats!

Go "Gold" or go home...Keep up the great work.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I'm buying not selling, but I do appreciate this site enough to pay a few bucks.

For me the problem with sub-forums is that just browsing the forsale forum I see stuff that I didn't know I was looking for. I would never find it with a bunch of sub-forums.

Wait, maybe we do need sub-forums, then I won't buy as much stuff.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
I'm buying not selling, but I do appreciate this site enough to pay a few bucks.

For me the problem with sub-forums is that just browsing the forsale forum I see stuff that I didn't know I was looking for. I would never find it with a bunch of sub-forums.

Wait, maybe we do need sub-forums, then I won't buy as much stuff.

Jerry alluded to this earlier, sub forums possibly losing sales with the impulse buyers who may not have been in the market for 'x' but once he saw it, had to have it.

I wholeheartedly agree, preferring not to have sub-forums.

If the basis for some in having sub-forums is to lessen the traffic so items don't get lost off the first pages so quickly, then I would be all for stronger moderation for the bumping rules, instead. Not just the 48 hour rule directed at the op but also the conversations that could be done by pm.

thanks.

brian kc

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Are you sure your not a psych patient?

Its You're. Your wife is a rich lawyer. She could pay for an ESL Class for you.
And you claim to work at a Hospital and council patients yourself?
I work at a Hospital too. I try and keep away from the Psych Ward.
They keep trying to get me to stay over night. Drugs are pretty good tho.

But for now I have to run. Earl is flying in to play a little and I have to pick him up from the
Air Port.

Have a great weekend.

Marco Polo

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Jerry,
Gold membership for constant sellers is a good start. But I do agree with some other posters and I have tried to champion this cause many times. Sub forums are long overdue. They do not have to be over done, and by that I mean cues, cases, books/videos, other... you don't need to go into customs, production, 100-400, 401-800, all that is a waste. But just coming into those little sub cats would reduce the clutter immensely.

Joe

Good point, a simple break down would make things easier and especially for those who are not familiar with the site. In the last 2 weeks I have bought 3 cues and a case on here for people who are not members and am working on two more. I know lots of people who frequent the WFS section who are not members but prefer it more than ebay and if they know someone like myself or others on here they can have the deal down through them. Making it easier to find things would indeed cut back on the amount of clutter. Like you said, Cues, Cases, books/videos and other just about sums it up, the only other thing that would possibly be an advantage would be to somehow include those interested in trades. Maybe a simple trade section that included anything pool related or a section just for cues and cases. I for one am always open to someone offering a trade, just for the simple reason I do so from time to time so its not a big deal to me. I know a lot of people specifically post No Trades but more often than not people are still going to ask. It would take some doing but in the log run it would probably be worth it, or at least giving it a shot.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
One other note and it may do with my settings.. but seriously.. I show 33 threads at one time, 8 are sticky's (over 1/4 of the screen) and one dead forum...

Just sayin'...

JV

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I never would have know that I needed some Fellini cases if they were hid in a sub-forum.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
people who don't want to wade through many pages of listings can always post a Wanted To Buy WTB: thread giving sellers an idea of the type of cue and price range and, rather quickly, cues that match your criteria will be showing up - unless of course they have their heart set on a $350 inlaid Tasc. :) :grin-square:

best,
brian kc

I recall a thread not too long ago when someone did that very thing (someone who posted in this thread), and a bunch of people jumped down his throat for it.

-B <---------- couldn't believe they jump on Mark of all people like that

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
unless of course they have their heart set on a $350 inlaid Tasc

Where I find one like that Brian. Does you have one hiding in one of those fancy cases
for me.

I still have a couple of Dale Perrys that I can put up against that fishing boat of yours.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from the MAIN forum - incase yáll don't know

http://forums.azbilliards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4548786

well aren't you just an AZB whore? ;)
you are buckin' for that JB case, aren't you?

good for you! VERY GOOD THREAD!

i finally bit the bullet a month ago. it was midnight, and i was tired of spending most of my time managing my maxed PM box. i had been meaning to go GOLD for months. done.

it's only $36 dollars....

and for all of yáll SELLERS - this is called "bird-dog" money. i'm surprised it's not mandatory for yáll. if you can't afford $3/month, then....

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Jerry - you're a mensch...

do you know what a 'mensch' is...

for the record: from the German but in Yiddish - it means 'a good man'; 'an honorable man'

your post here and elsewhere demonstrates that

and therefore in keeping with the origin of this thread and as tribute to you, i want to buy deanoc a Gold Membership - despite i might get into trouble

please PM how to do...
please: Don't Tell Dean!

all the best,
smokey

Well, didn't this train run off the tracks. Uh, guys, look. We really do not take down threads in vengeance or to pick on any one individual. We take them down because someone screws them up or breaks the rules. And I an seriously not going to spend time trying to investigate why an individual post was removed.

So if that bothers you then please feel free to continue using all of our forums in any way you wish and I am sorry if you feel picked upon. It is not intentional. We do not want anyone to go Gold who is in any way uncomfortable with the idea. We are twisting no arms and throwing no guilt. We like you guys, even the ones who complain about us.

The idea of the sub-forums is a good one. At least I like it. But I do wonder how many potential shoppers come into the forum not really looking for anything specific and wind up impulse buying something they see there. I was in the market for a $400 cue when I bought one that caught my eye for $1300.

I fear all the sub-forums might cost you guys impulse buyers. And I do not know how many different forum areas potential shoppers would visit. So think about that and give me some more input.

What I would like is for V-Bulletin to develop to the point that you could search for a price point and it would reorganize for that search. But I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Remember, this is not our software on the forums.

Talk to me!

But let's not this thread just go to hades. Can we still encourage those who do not object to the idea to go Gold?

Thanks to all of you who have and to all of you who take the time to give us your thoughts.

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
332   0   0
Well, didn't this train run off the tracks. Uh, guys, look. We really do not take down threads in vengeance or to pick on any one individual. We take them down because someone screws them up or breaks the rules. And I an seriously not going to spend time trying to investigate why an individual post was removed.

So if that bothers you then please feel free to continue using all of our forums in any way you wish and I am sorry if you feel picked upon. It is not intentional. We do not want anyone to go Gold who is in any way uncomfortable with the idea. We are twisting no arms and throwing no guilt. We like you guys, even the ones who complain about us.

The idea of the sub-forums is a good one. At least I like it. But I do wonder how many potential shoppers come into the forum not really looking for anything specific and wind up impulse buying something they see there. I was in the market for a $400 cue when I bought one that caught my eye for $1300.

I fear all the sub-forums might cost you guys impulse buyers. And I do not know how many different forum areas potential shoppers would visit. So think about that and give me some more input.

What I would like is for V-Bulletin to develop to the point that you could search for a price point and it would reorganize for that search. But I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Remember, this is not our software on the forums.

Talk to me!

But let's not this thread just go to hades. Can we still encourage those who do not object to the idea to go Gold?

Thanks to all of you who have and to all of you who take the time to give us your thoughts.

Look up reasonable in the dictionary and you will find a picture of Jerry ;)
I saw a thread one time that had an OP that literally said "nothing" and after a few pages we got enough hate to entice a bout of popcorn.
I'll say it again.....would you rather pay rediculous fees to seller unfriendly ebay when you sell a cue or $35.00 a year to support a site dedicated to the game we love to love and hate?

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
I've reached a happy medium, and for that I am HAPPY to pay....I would also like to donate to the guy in Afghanistan who became am member so please send me your address, or have Jerry send me your address. I have some rare DVDs of pool matches you might like.

Nit out

Jerry Forsyth

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Smokey, I will have to find out and get back to you. I know we did this before but do not remember how. I will PM you when I find out.

As for the address in afghanistan:
Brian Gibbs
WWLR Postal
Apo Ae 09382

He is a contractor, not a soldier, and wants everyone to know that. But if we send enough to share I will bet he can find a soldier or two. DVD's, magazines, and whatever else you wish to share.

I feel like anyone over there is representing us.

Bigd3

BIGGER in Texas
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Payment Sent

Jerry, Daniel Stevens (Bigd3) ! Just sent payment for GOLD Membership and the AZbilliards forums. Thanks