RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are you looking at his nipples???😍😍😍 lol

Kingpin_02.gif

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Hmmm. Europe has won by 22-7 over the past two years. Boyes himself has played well. Why not allow him some bravado. Europe has walked the walk.

Although Team USA lost 11-2 in 2013, it did so with a team selected by Matchroom, so I'll partially dismiss that one.

On the other hand, every Team USA other than the one selected by Matchroom has gotten to at least five, so last year's 11-5 loss to a Team Europe quite a bit weaker than that of 2013 was, as far as I'm concerned, as bad a performance as we've ever had.

This year, Team USA will be competitive, but until then, Europe has every right to beat its chest, and it is only on the glorious green felt that Team USA can get them to stop.

Boyes can talk all he likes but Team USA has just one route to shutting him up, and that's by playing well. Forget about gamesmanship, Team USA needs to focus on practicing.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know Boyes, never even seen him in person, but even people's who's opinions that I value, that are from the United Kingdom have told me he's a total ass. True? Maybe, but I have heard that more often than not. He does have a good MC record, but in spite of what he might say no one really thinks that's real pool, it's an exibition. Ther's nothing on the line for these guys, it's not even a league match, it's a Florian Kohler trick shot show. I think they're all naturally competitive, so of course they would like to win in the same way that the NFC or the AFC would like to win the Pro Bowl, but I really can't imagine these guys really care much about how it ends up. I'm sure they'd much rather win the match later at Sharks or the Cue Club when there's money on the line. Personally I'd like to set Karl up and have him arrested. He'd be a very popular boy in jail.

There's a difference of 10k per player difference between winning and losing , I would hardly call that nothing ,,

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"better cueist under pressure"

Didn't Karl miss a key 8-ball to close out a pressure match in the world cup of pool this year?

It was a pretty big miss and the air was sucked right out of the home town crowd in the arena.

Maybe he is trying to forget that.

Let's hope the Vegas crowd doesn't and makes him remember.

:cool:

Video:

https://youtu.be/1LHe2FQFYtQ

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"better cueist under pressure"

Didn't Karl miss a key 8-ball to close out a pressure match in the world cup of pool this year?

It was a pretty big miss and the air was sucked right out of the home town crowd in the arena.

Maybe he is trying to forget that.

Let's hope the Vegas crowd doesn't and makes him remember.

:cool:

Video:

https://youtu.be/1LHe2FQFYtQ

The video you linked was from the World Pool Masters.

Here's the miss from the World Cup of Pool (from last year)

Note that both misses came on the 8 ball. In a hill-hill match. Tough to be under any more pressure, and he dogged it both times.

I'm not friends with him on FB, but green rep to anyone that is, and that posts both links to his page.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
As impossible as it sounds....it can happen. I kept my Day four Mosconi cup ticket(un-used) from two years ago. Its in my pool and billiard collectible cabinet:)

Mine is in my shaver bag, I just took it out 2 days ago....LOL

Everyone that still has one should send it Shane, and or Mike.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The video you linked was from the World Pool Masters.

Here's the miss from the World Cup of Pool (from last year)

Note that both misses came on the 8 ball. In a hill-hill match. Tough to be under any more pressure, and he dogged it both times.

I'm not friends with him on FB, but green rep to anyone that is, and that posts both links to his page.

Good call, Beibes. I absolutely forgot about that Boyes miss in the world cup of pool, and the luck of that roll to leave Van DenBerg snookered.

Maybe after this Mosconi Cup, we will have enough Karl dog shots to make a compilation video. With all his trash talk, That video is guaranteed 10 K hits on YouTube. :thumbup:

dynamite

Gold Member
I never liked Boyes (aka Ball Cleaner aka Guapo) but agree with his line
On top of that there is the tradition / bragging rights and the $20K each winning player gets

But going by recent performances in Kings Cup, the weak links in Europe are Albin and Darren not Boyes

He has more moves than a shark so watch out http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=407212
:)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

The kings cup

here a few facts

the table played Tough the conditions were tough

the table was tight pockets.
the table drifted really bad sometimes a foot of roll..Also play on cloth i don't like.

So considering all this.

Except for two matches i played great so not bad from 10 matches i played .. I played bad in a singles match against KO but made up for it on the final day in a classic against his younger brother who was the best player for Asia With the score 7-6 in a massive match!!! .
And i played a bad match in the doubles with shane 2nd day but he played BAD also this match..

And the last tripes to win i played great.. Come with two massive shots for us to win.

i won the most matches in the whole tournament along with shane so if I'm a weak link i hope to have Similar record in Mosconi Cup.:wink:

Played 10 won 7 against Asia. :) In Manila in Poor Conditions

But Mosconi Cup Different animal its the biggest event of the year and the event i prepare for the most.. this be no exception.:)...

thanks for your support :)
Darren

dynamite

Gold Member
Good call, Beibes. I absolutely forgot about that Boyes miss in the world cup of pool, and the luck of that roll to leave Van DenBerg snookered.

Maybe after this Mosconi Cup, we will have enough Karl dog shots to make a compilation video. With all his trash talk, That video is guaranteed 10 K hits on YouTube. :thumbup:

the 8ball in the masters over picket he didn't dog it he done all the hard work by making great shots to get to the 8ball.. he just switched off simple as that.. he thought the work was done..

the one in world cup of pool most players in the world would've missed it simple. was very tough shot.

everyone as missed important balls everyone shane, Dennis ,efren ,wu, fiejen ,ralf ,the lot of them.. its how you respond that counts.

I've know karl 18 years I've never seen him shark or cheat once.

so pointing out these silly videos is nonsense ...opponents can't see him blinking and playing with his nails.. if so every pool player in the world is a shark then..

the one with the case he was putting his watch away and the guy can't see him as his playing a severe jump shot and aiming down.. So not possible to see karl and i even asked KO few weeks after this event about this video you posted He didn't know what i was on about.

regards efren with karl cleaning cue ball his entitled to get it cleaned if its dirty.. you seem to forget at hill hill and karl was shooting a important shot and efren was in karls eyeline and decided to get his phone out and start texting ..Nice.

dynamite

Gold Member
Hmmm. Europe has won by 22-7 over the past two years. Boyes himself has played well. Why not allow him some bravado. Europe has walked the walk.

Although Team USA lost 11-2 in 2013, it did so with a team selected by Matchroom, so I'll partially dismiss that one.

On the other hand, every Team USA other than the one selected by Matchroom has gotten to at least five, so last year's 11-5 loss to a Team Europe quite a bit weaker than that of 2013 was, as far as I'm concerned, as bad a performance as we've ever had.

This year, Team USA will be competitive, but until then, Europe has every right to beat its chest, and it is only on the glorious green felt that Team USA can get them to stop.

Boyes can talk all he likes but Team USA has just one route to shutting him up, and that's by playing well. Forget about gamesmanship, Team USA needs to focus on practicing.

correct good post..

dynamite

Gold Member
I don't know Boyes, never even seen him in person, but even people's who's opinions that I value, that are from the United Kingdom have told me he's a total ass. True? Maybe, but I have heard that more often than not. He does have a good MC record, but in spite of what he might say no one really thinks that's real pool, it's an exibition. Ther's nothing on the line for these guys, it's not even a league match, it's a Florian Kohler trick shot show. I think they're all naturally competitive, so of course they would like to win in the same way that the NFC or the AFC would like to win the Pro Bowl, but I really can't imagine these guys really care much about how it ends up. I'm sure they'd much rather win the match later at Sharks or the Cue Club when there's money on the line. Personally I'd like to set Karl up and have him arrested. He'd be a very popular boy in jail.

its not a exhibition
its real rivalry and both teams are desperate to win.
its one the most important events to win every year without doubt.

Also winning team gets a extra 10k each.

its live tv with amazing exposure and the best production by a million miles of course its not a exhibition maybe early days it started that way but its progressed to a massive title and event to win..to the europeans it as anyway :)

Darren

dynamite

Gold Member
It's a 5k watch skip :) team USA helped buy it with there performance in recent Mosconi cups :) :)

well you be able to buy another after this year also :wink:

Might treat myself to a 2 months break from the game also.:):):)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:D:D:D:D:D:D

The kings cup

here a few facts

the table played Tough the conditions were tough

the table was tight pockets.
the table drifted really bad sometimes a foot of roll..Also play on cloth i don't like.

So considering all this.

Except for two matches i played great so not bad from 10 matches i played .. I played bad in a singles match against KO but made up for it on the final day in a classic against his younger brother who was the best player for Asia With the score 7-6 in a massive match!!! .
And i played a bad match in the doubles with shane 2nd day but he played BAD also this match..

And the last tripes to win i played great.. Come with two massive shots for us to win.

i won the most matches in the whole tournament along with shane so if I'm a weak link i hope to have Similar record in Mosconi Cup.:wink:

Played 10 won 7 against Asia. :) In Manila in Poor Conditions

But Mosconi Cup Different animal its the biggest event of the year and the event i prepare for the most.. this be no exception.:)...

thanks for your support :)
Darren

Darren's results in the Kings Cup can be compared with the other players' results here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=411529 and here: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5370527&postcount=8