Justin Bergman looking to gamble

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell him to come to Salt City Billiards on August 30th, the night before Turning Stone. He can have all he wants.

Exactly. If any top pro wants to play a big match while in town for Turning Stone, The New Salt City Billiards is ready to host it. We will have 2 brand new Diamonds coming plus gold crowns. 2 Gold crown 3s restored by Mark Gregory, play terrific. They can also play the Monday after TS...we will put you up.

I'd like to see Shaw vs Bergman on a neutral table with Jayson playing right . Bergaman played great in,their long race, but Jayson was way off. I'd put money up on Shaw if it would get you here.

Are you playing Turning Stone? We can make this happen....

Call us to make arrangements....look for us on facebook

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Payball is played on a snooker table.....rack up the six colors and break like nine-ball,
Shoot in order, yellow to black....money on every ball....double on the last.

Some of the high rolling games were $100 a ball, $200 on the black, and double for a
complete run-out.
Denny won some big games shooting like this....lots of outs...even on the 6x12 at
Cochran's in Frisco.
He won over $40,000 at a big one in Dayton....early 70s, that was a lot of dough.

It's usually a group game, BTW....if 6-handed, you're collecting from 5 players.

Funny, my son just played that game a few weeks ago with someone on a snooker table at my home room (Billiards Cafe in Ayer, MA), not for money, it was just with someone that was shooting on the snooker table during a tournament we were in. I thought it was a fun fast game on the snooker table, did not know it was a thing with a name.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt & Thorpe begging for weight PSSHH

Bergman and co said they wanted to play for up to 30 k some big table 10 ball

Thorpe gt offered 10 going to 100 and said he would only play with 20 games on wire :O
Schmidt then starts barking at Billy and wants 9-7 or 11-8.

There is guys in my local pool hall; that will play Billy with 10-7.

I cant take these guys seriously who say they are Mosconi team locks and should be this that and the other and they wont get u and play a fellow American like Bergman who lets be honest isn't exactly playing every week like they are.

This makes me even more impressed with SVB who cant get a money game so steps up and plays Tony 1 pocket his game for his own cash. loses then comes back for more.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tip of the iceberg, baby.

Sounds like your locals are in a position to play schmidty. Must be a strong lot.

Somebody invite him over...that cat goes a long time without hitting balls

Bergman and co said they wanted to play for up to 30 k some big table 10 ball

Thorpe gt offered 10 going to 100 and said he would only play with 20 games on wire :O
Schmidt then starts barking at Billy and wants 9-7 or 11-8.

There is guys in my local pool hall; that will play Billy with 10-7.

I cant take these guys seriously who say they are Mosconi team locks and should be this that and the other and they wont get u and play a fellow American like Bergman who lets be honest isn't exactly playing every week like they are.

This makes me even more impressed with SVB who cant get a money game so steps up and plays Tony 1 pocket his game for his own cash. loses then comes back for more.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member

I honestly believe Shane wants a big match with Tony, Dennis, or Alex playing 1P.

IMO, those 2 sets against Tony were just the beginning. Neither played well in those sets, and Shane is underrated when talking top level 1P.

What you think, Mars Man...?

Fingers crossed....:yes:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tip of the iceberg, baby.

Sounds like your locals are in a position to play schmidty. Must be a strong lot.

Somebody invite him over...that cat goes a long time without hitting balls

He didn't say they could BEAT billy with 10-7, just that they'd play him with it. Big difference!:thumbup:

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 for the new Salt City Billiards.

These guys love pool. Shane Van Boening and Jason Shaw are playing a match here right before Turning Stone. It'd be great to see Bergman and some other pros come up here for the tournament and to match up.

Players from all over Upstate, New York and the northeast will come to see that. It would be a great tune up for Turning Stone too.

Exactly. If any top pro wants to play a big match while in town for Turning Stone, The New Salt City Billiards is ready to host it. We will have 2 brand new Diamonds coming plus gold crowns. 2 Gold crown 3s restored by Mark Gregory, play terrific. They can also play the Monday after TS...we will put you up.

I'd like to see Shaw vs Bergman on a neutral table with Jayson playing right . Bergaman played great in,their long race, but Jayson was way off. I'd put money up on Shaw if it would get you here.

Are you playing Turning Stone? We can make this happen....

Call us to make arrangements....look for us on facebook

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would definitely say yeah you have a better chance at being sponsored but you're not going to get much. I could get $1,500 a month in cues from Muecci. They even built me a cue and I was going to use it but I hated it so bad I couldn't use it. You will be lucky to get $1,000 a month I think from any sponsor. Meucci is one of the best with that and it varies but mostly they are all getting $500-$2,000 in cues a month and then you still have to sell them. You'll end up with about half of retail. I'm sure that one guy will tell me I'm wrong and if I win some tournament in Europe I'll get $160,000 a year in sponsors lol

It's amazing that meucci and others won't pony up even those numbers you are mentioning, but in cash. To give their own shitty products as payment, way underpayment at that, takes serious gall.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's amazing that meucci and others won't pony up even those numbers you are mentioning, but in cash. To give their own shitty products as payment, way underpayment at that, takes serious gall.

None of my business concerning the arrangement between any pro and their sponsors .

As far as meucci goes I believe they have 4 players now under their umbrella . Being that meucci cues are not exactly in high demand I dont see how he could afford any kind of decent cash sponsorship .

Hioefully he can get his quality control straightened out and regain a somewhat decent reputation again. If that happened then just maybe the pros could get better deals.

Then again look at Shane and cue Tec. Best player in America playing with a cue very few people want to buy.

Really dont see the point in cue manufacturers sponsoring players because I dont know any one who is going to go buy a cue simply because xxx pro plays with one.

It will never be like people buying buying nike shoes simply because xxx pro wears them.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I saw a post on Facebook that Justin is looking to gamble with anybody not from the Phillipines or SVB. How about Chang Jung Lin? I heard he gambles and has beat Orcollo like a drum the times they have played.

Just throwing that out there since we all know no American's will step up to the plate unless given some ridiculous spot.

This is not a shot at Bergman as he is the 2nd best player in a country of 350 million people but more of a shot of how few of the great players will step up to the plate when money is on the line.

I'll bite, I might be able to play him a set of 14.1 for some serious cash. I take vague generalization posts like yours at face value. See if he would like that action, I'll compete with him playing straight pool till his arm falls off. I know a few other Americans who would try him some also. So let me know, battr up.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'll bite, I might be able to play him a set of 14.1 for some serious cash. I take vague generalization posts like yours at face value. See if he would like that action, I'll compete with him playing straight pool till his arm falls off. I know a few other Americans who would try him some also. So let me know, battr up.

Nice!!!!
Jason

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've gambled with Dennis a few years ago he gave me the 8 playing 10 ball on 9ft only time we've played. He's my friend, haven't gambled since. I played Warren Kiamco and few others. I think Filipinos, Tawainese, & Chinese are by far the best players in world. I would love to play them because I know it would make me better. I couldn't care less about playing the Challenge of Champions, World 9 Ball, etc. World 9 Ball 10 years ago when Matchroom ran it for sure I'd love too. They made it exciting & it paid good... Now it's a joke... Half the people in it shouldn't even be allowed in a pro tournament.

30 40 k winner payouts are joke ? How many of those matchroom events did you play in 10 yrs ago ,other than matches I don't see anywhere where you pulled close to that winning a event ,

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
30 40 k winner payouts are a joke ? How many of those matchroom events did you play in 10 yrs ago

If you can't win it does it really matter? Too many guys that play better, he'd be playing for 5th or worse. Not much money there.
Jason

He plays great, just too many killers in some of those fields

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can't win it does it really matter? Too many guys that play better, he'd be playing for 5th or worse. Not much money there.
Jason

He plays great, just too many killers in some of those fields

Hence first sentence , fact is 5th down never pays much anywhere anytime, He's inside top 20 Fargo it's worth a flyer

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a post on Facebook that Justin is looking to gamble with anybody not from the Phillipines or SVB. How about Chang Jung Lin? I heard he gambles and has beat Orcollo like a drum the times they have played.

Just throwing that out there since we all know no American's will step up to the plate unless given some ridiculous spot.

This is not a shot at Bergman as he is the 2nd best player in a country of 350 million people but more of a shot of how few of the great players will step up to the plate when money is on the line.

My wife is from the Philippines. She amazed me once by running 7 balls. Bergman is afraid of her?