I’ve never been banned from a forum until yesterday

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you complain about being banned if the website is as idiotic as you suggest? Isn't Barton located in ? Do you want to give those people access to your information?

John lives in Oklahoma City. His cases are made in China. I don't know if it's Communist China or not?
I have a Wins case not that it matters. He's a acquaintance on Facebook. Nothing more, nothing less FWIW.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John lives in Oklahoma City. His cases are made in China. I don't know if it's Communist China or not?
I have a Wins case not that it matters. He's a acquaintance on Facebook. Nothing more, nothing less FWIW.

FYI - all of China is communist China.

JBs lived there for years - surely he will return at some time.

Dale

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
I'm just a guessin, but was " Daniel " whom you speak of lol???

Ha yeah he seems like a pretty ridiculous person.

I've been selling very expensive custom cues for over a decade and I go to sell a mezz production break cue on that forum and use a stock image for one of my pictures... I mean it's a production break cue and it looks exactly the same as all of them.

Anyway I get a message at like 1am about not being able to use stock images so I write back that it's no problem and that I'm in bed but I'll take a new pic of the cue in the morning before work.

I wake up in the morning and my post is gone.

Some of these admins on these forums take things way too far. Never seen such little power go to people's heads. It's not that serious.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Facebook group

My take on it is this is another case of free speech isn't free. We are all entitled to free speech but that has consequences. Say what you want to who you want but it can get you fired or kicked out of groups. Although some would argue facebook is a public forum, that group belongs to them. Play by their rules or move on. We see it all the time where people think they can act and say what they want to anyone. Then, they get kicked off a team or fired from a TV show, etc and they start claiming free speech. It's all a game. Figure out what you can say and where. Know what the lines are and don't cross them. I go there to look for cues. I don't get involved in petty arguments between clowns. It's that simple.

Now, for the OP, there are a ton of other groups and most cues are posted on all of them. Look at Pool & Billiards emporium, pool & billiards classified, cue & case deals, etc. If you search you will find a bunch. Also, you will be getting access to 95% of what's posted on OBM anyways and you won't have to mess with JB at all.

I wouldn't let it worry me a whole lot.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is true, which I haven't any way of knowing so, then John truly needs to grow a set of balls
really fast if he allows any employee to intimidate him and influence his actions by ignoring the truth.
No one is entitled to access your private, personal or business records by being granted access to
your computer because they want to ajuducate something when that person isn't qualified to conduct
themselves in a fair and objectibve manner. Why do I write that person is unable to remain objective?

Just his stipulation to peruse your computer reflects a bias at the outset and it's a blazen violation of
your rights to privacy. Fortunately I don't use FB and if I did, I'd likely be banned for crapping all over
the administrator over how he's handling this matter and candidly, it wouldn't bother me in the least.
Often power can corrupt and surpisingly, a large number of men & women succumb to this pitfall. It
wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn the administrator was both inexperienced & very immature.

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just for clarification Daniel le was not involved at all.
It was another admin name Stephen framstad

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you complain about being banned if the website is as idiotic as you suggest? Isn't Barton located in Communist China? Do you want to give those people access to your information?
It takes a truckload of balls to ask someone for "remote access" to their computer. F,(uck) that SOB and OBM. They can ban me if I don't leave that group 1st!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I just bought another Volturi case for that reason. Everyone rants and raves about his cases but I refuse to give my money to someone who behaves as he does...

I hear you on that one. I kinda wanted a JB case but when you hear stories like this and if true I would rather do business elsewhere.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you on that one. I kinda wanted a JB case but when you hear stories like this and if true I would rather do business elsewhere.

I think you should still get the case. Don't punish yourself. I think Vince Vaughn is an asshole (personal experience), but I still watch his movies because they're funny. If you want the case, treat yourself! They're nice.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha yeah he seems like a pretty ridiculous person.

I've been selling very expensive custom cues for over a decade and I go to sell a mezz production break cue on that forum and use a stock image for one of my pictures... I mean it's a production break cue and it looks exactly the same as all of them.

Anyway I get a message at like 1am about not being able to use stock images so I write back that it's no problem and that I'm in bed but I'll take a new pic of the cue in the morning before work.

I wake up in the morning and my post is gone.

Some of these admins on these forums take things way too far. Never seen such little power go to people's heads. It's not that serious.

So did you see / hear about the " meat " incident ? To the best of my recollection is goes something like this. So guy A sells a cue for maybe like $75-$100 bucks to guy B. Guy B pays with friends & family so no recourse with PP. Maybe a week or a little more goes by and guy B never gets his cue.Guy B puts him on blast on there. So behind the scenes all of the administrative get together and come up with a plan. Guy A has some more cues for sale. The admins make up a fake profile and offer to make a trade with guy a for these two cues for one of their cues and apparently deal was almost too good to be true so guy A jumps on it. Somehow they talk guy A to send out his cues first. Admins rcvd the 2 cues. They get several pound of raw meat and let it go bad and fester. They then box up the rancid meat as if it were and cue and send it to guy A. Admins give guy b the 2 cues to make up for whatever he got shafted for. So as soon ands guy a gets and opens up the meat package, all the admins post up the whole story along with pics of the whole process, as well as all the texts to them from guy a after rcving the meat and they all were slapping each other on the back about how cool it was to get him like that, how funny they all thought it was etc etc. Don't get me wrong, it sick that guy a initially shafted guy b and stole his money and it is good that he got shafted in return but imho the meat thing was very foul and a little over the top imo. Also; I don't really know , but it seems to me that there might be some kind of legal ramifications for doing what they did - and them posted up the while thing laughing the whole time. ( Just an example ) but let's say guy a is removing the meat and somehow touches it then rubs his eye or something and gets Ecoli or whatever - then sues the sheet out of all of them. Don't guess it would've been too funny then ??? What do yall think about this?

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For whatever reason, several of the OBM admin's seem to have a power trip and get off on believing they have some sort of mystical power over the members. It's quite comical.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
After dealing with the Colorado department of motor vehicles, and my County government, it's obvious that the constitution is no longer in effect, even after paying a lawyer $5000.
Then the zombie-like mean-ass idiots reverse their Idiocracy, but they don't have the common decency to tell anyone.

I don't feel sorry for you, they can do whatever they want.
No different than over here.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you should still get the case. Don't punish yourself. I think Vince Vaughn is an asshole (personal experience), but I still watch his movies because they're funny. If you want the case, treat yourself! They're nice.

They are nice cases for sure.

But after reading a little on OBM today, I'm shocked that the guy openly flaunts his politics like he does when his very livelihood depends on selling his products in a marketplace where approximately half his prospects disagree with him. I feel the same way about entertainers who do this; by definition, they're alienating half their audience. How smart could somebody be who does that?

But then again, maybe business is that good. I read a thread here once where he told a guy he didn't care whether the guy bought a case from him or not. Seems like a strange business strategy, but maybe I'm old fashioned.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But after reading a little on OBM today, I'm shocked that the guy openly flaunts his politics like he does when his very livelihood depends on selling his products in a marketplace where approximately half his prospects disagree with him. I feel the same way about entertainers who do this; by definition, they're alienating half their audience. How smart could somebody be who does that?

But then again, maybe business is that good. I read a thread here once where he told a guy he didn't care whether the guy bought a case from him or not. Seems like a strange business strategy, but maybe I'm old fashioned.

I agree completely. In most cases I am the same way, but I'm buying the product, not him.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Well, that's facebook for you.

I remember JB ranting and raving about what he would do if he had the power over this site (essentially ban everyone he didn't like), so I can't say I'm surprised. Well, enjoy.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree completely. In most cases I am the same way, but I'm buying the product, not him.

Agreed easy-e, and that's just how one has to look at it.

It's not my nature to do that, but the product is just that good.

But I still won't go to an Alec Baldwin movie or an Eagles concert!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
So a new and interesting development has taken place I was banned from the open billiards market on Facebook ( I’ve never been banned from any forum)
The story : a random hobbyist cue maker appears to have been involved in a shady deal ( most likely the cue maker is the one at fault from my understanding of the situation )
One of the administrators of the open billiards market has launched his own investigation into the deal . (The deal was not affiliated with the open billiards market and transpired 2 years ago if that matters ) the OBM administrator doubts the veracity of some screen shots between the cue maker, the customer and him self
His solution to this problem is that the cue maker should allow him ( Facebook forum administrator)to remotely connect to his computer so that he can get to the bottom of this.
This is where i get involved in the thread and express that requesting that Chuck Bates give any sort of access to his computer is a significant overstep of his authority.
Myself and the administrator has a fairly civil debate about this and a little bit later a couple other people express a similar opinion as mine, at that point the administrator removes all of my comments from the thread and shortly after that bans me from the group
After some more back and forth messaging with him myself and the owner of the group I’m told that if I want allowed back in the groups I need to apologized buy texting him some non sense about “playing Stupid games win stupid prizes”
So my take on this is that his response to being questioned about overstepped his authority is to again overstep his authority ( ban me) and then insist on a special apology if I want back in.

I didn’t break any rules
His behavior in our private messages is almost child like
John Bartons response is to apologize to me for his administrators behavior but say that he cant fix this because he can’t afford the lose this guy as an administrator

Andrew you know that this isn't the whole story.

He didn't overstep his authority. You, however, interfered without cause and caused the discussion to take off in a different direction while at the same failing to grasp what was actually being asked of Chuck Bates.

I did screw up and authorize your ban before reading the whole convo. But even if I hadn't been involved at all the mod has the authority to ban someone for breaking the rules, one of which is "be cool" which you were not. Your premise was wrong, you falsely accused the moderator of requesting something of Chuck that he was not AND you insinuated that the moderator would do something untoward if granted access. Your place wasn't to interject yourself and cause a problem while the moderator was trying to broker the situation and come to a resolution.

And continuing this here is still not cool. You were in the wrong and should have just swallowed your pride and acquiesced to the moderator's request and moved on.

And yes, if faced with a choice between you and my TRUSTED moderator who puts in hours a day dealing with the issues that a 35k membership group presents, a moderator who IS fair and even-handed, generous and conversational rather than dictatorial, the choice is clear. But you were offered a simple way to get back in which would have been over in seconds. Instead you decided to decline and made your choice.

So, I haven't read the rest of the thread and I am sure you are getting validation but it's validation without telling the whole story. I have never known you to be dishonest but your representation here is not accurate and not simply just a matter of perspective.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well, that's facebook for you.

I remember JB ranting and raving about what he would do if he had the power over this site (essentially ban everyone he didn't like), so I can't say I'm surprised. Well, enjoy.

That's not what I said. I said I ban anyone who didn't contribute positively to the site. And that's EXACTLY what we do at OBM.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

LOL really?

Half the audience? Newsflash - you don't know what my sales are and of the sales I make the politics of my buyers runs the spectrum. In fact some diehard conservatives with whom I have had great debates with are some of my best customers. We laugh about our differences.

Presuming that everyone with different politics is so shallow as to not do business with each others is naive at best.