Justin Bergman looking to gamble

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow that's a lot. Hope it happens. Supposedly Berg beat Billy silly in 1p, but before Billy got good. I would like to see them play even in 1p.
Beat Billy in 1 pocket? Then he oughta play Chohan! Will he play Chohan?????????

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Team Bergman offered Billy Thorpe 10 games in a race to 100 they are looking to offer a fair game and are ready to gamble.

Billy will need more than that playing rotation.

I would like to see them play a 1P set to 20 ........I think those two are pretty close.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Joshua Filler from Germany is rated the exact same as Justin Bergman... That match should be a toss up and a real gamble

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny Smith in New Orleans

Can't speak for Danny but I would be surprised if Danny would turn down a one pocket game with Justin Bergman at Buffalos, worth a phone call.

Can't speak for Danny but I would be surprised if Danny would turn down a one pocket game with Justin Bergman at Buffalos, worth a phone call.

They have already played (a big money 1 pocket match) in the recent past. How long has it been since they played that match? I can't remember, but it seems like it was not that long ago. Danny beat him.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, and he did this with regular sized pool balls (on a snooker table)?
All of the snooker-table action I saw at Cochran's was with regular snooker balls, although they may have been US size (2 1/8) rather than standard (2 1/16).

I wonder why Bergman is unwilling to match up with any players from the Philippines. He has played Orcollo in the past, and won. It was just an exhibition match though.

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've gambled with Dennis a few years ago he gave me the 8 playing 10 ball on 9ft only time we've played. He's my friend, haven't gambled since. I played Warren Kiamco and few others. I think Filipinos, Tawainese, & Chinese are by far the best players in world. I would love to play them because I know it would make me better. I couldn't care less about playing the Challenge of Champions, World 9 Ball, etc. World 9 Ball 10 years ago when Matchroom ran it for sure I'd love too. They made it exciting & it paid good... Now it's a joke... Half the people in it shouldn't even be allowed in a pro tournament.

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now it's a joke... Half the people in it shouldn't even be allowed in a pro tournament.

I don`t want to offend someone, but that are some big words for someone who has never had any outstanding results in a tournament with an international field...

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah..... Ok

Justin I have a question, you will have better insight than most people here in this: does winning lets say world championships/katar open/china open give a pro better chance of sponsorship in todays pool world? I am basically asking if YOU won such tournament would it improve YOUR sponsorship situation/would it be worth the effort? :confused:

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would definitely say yeah you have a better chance at being sponsored but you're not going to get much. I could get $1,500 a month in cues from Muecci. They even built me a cue and I was going to use it but I hated it so bad I couldn't use it. You will be lucky to get $1,000 a month I think from any sponsor. Meucci is one of the best with that and it varies but mostly they are all getting $500-$2,000 in cues a month and then you still have to sell them. You'll end up with about half of retail. I'm sure that one guy will tell me I'm wrong and if I win some tournament in Europe I'll get $160,000 a year in sponsors lol

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to bust your bubble, that the tourney is in kenya and he annual salary is only 150k.

I would definitely say yeah you have a better chance at being sponsored but you're not going to get much. I could get $1,500 a month in cues from Muecci. They even built me a cue and I was going to use it but I hated it so bad I couldn't use it. You will be lucky to get $1,000 a month I think from any sponsor. Meucci is one of the best with that and it varies but mostly they are all getting $500-$2,000 in cues a month and then you still have to sell them. You'll end up with about half of retail. I'm sure that one guy will tell me I'm wrong and if I win some tournament in Europe I'll get $160,000 a year in sponsors lol