U.S Open:Hows The Entries Going?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there an over/under for how many days past the deadline till there is any formal announcement?

We are already at +4 days.

The original deadline for the 75K added in Pat's hands was July 23. Press release from Pat with that date here:

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/11850-pat-fleming-announces-us-open-escrow-details/

*Edit. Where is this July 25th date from that people are mentioning in this thread? The release says July 23. Regardless, both dates have come and gone.

Last edited:

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems that a man with impeccable credentials built up over decades is about to have them debased by a man who doesn't give a shit about whom he hurts.
The financial situation should have been disclosed early on the 25th, notwithstanding any request for a few more days grace.

The $75,000 that is needed to determine whether this a Tier 3 event where some players may find the Mosconi Cup tariff substantial enough to make it worthwhile to enter.

The WPA might cut them a bit of slack (say down to $70k) but if it falls below that then it would risk upsetting other promoters who have had to conform to these financial targets.

The event can go ahead as a Tier 2 event but along with reduced prize money the points from a lower rated eventy may be insufficient for players 'bubbling under' the top 3 automatic places to not bother.

Surely the time has come for someone to pitch up and just hijack the US Open title. There would be few repercussions with this as the present person operating under what is a 'public domain' title has been bringing the US brand name into disrepute.
BB would not contest it because he is a 'man of straw'. Waste no more time on this doomed tournament but start forming alliances to get this event back on track.
US Open, the world needs you.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Fool a pool player once, shame on you.

Fool pool players, pool fans, tournament directors, ect... for the 14th time in a row? You must be Barry Berman.

Let's be honest here and call a duck a duck. If the US Open actually manages to go off without a hitch and everyone gets paid on time it will be a huge surprise and far from normal for the event in recent past. This same song and dance occurs every single year and without fail there are always issues.

This thread reminds me of a battered wife "but he said he is sorry and he loves me and it will never happen again!"

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just some friendly predictions

- The US Open will happen this year.

- It will NOT fill at 128 players (unless the entry fee is lowered)

- It will be a WPA event, but not first tier.

- All players will be paid on time, but this is only due to Pat holding the monies.

- As much as I would love to see Shane win 4 times in a row, I think we'll see one of the Ko brothers holding up the trophy when it's all said and done.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just some friendly predictions

- The US Open will happen this year.

- It will NOT fill at 128 players (unless the entry fee is lowered)

- It will be a WPA event, but not first tier.

- All players will be paid on time, but this is only due to Pat holding the monies.

- As much as I would love to see Shane win 4 times in a row, I think we'll see one of the Ko brothers holding up the trophy when it's all said and done.

Here is my predicttion:

- The US Open will happen this year
- It will fill at 128 players at 1K per entry
- All players paid on time (due to Pat)
- It will be a WPA event, but whatever tier is the 50 k added one
- There will be problems paying vendors/referees/staff/hotel/etc (any money that Pat does NOT hold)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my predicttion:

- There will be problems paying vendors/referees/staff/hotel/etc (any money that Pat does NOT hold)

Will BB be on the mic sailor drunk calling for a Crown and diet or whatever it is, all the while insisting it's his second one of the day and ramble on for 40 more minutes?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will BB be on the mic sailor drunk calling for a Crown and diet or whatever it is, all the while insisting it's his second one of the day and ramble on for 40 more minutes?

If it goes off, we all need to email pat personally and request he does not allow Barry anywhere near a mic.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member

:dance: CONGRATS & THANK YOU :dance:

to AccuStats
to Pat
to Oldzilla
to Renfro
to AtLarge
and to Jay

for spearheading the new Open Payment Movement. for marketing & updating the Open outside of your normal paying business(es). and for doing so, gratis.

and thank you, to the other 50+/+ AZBers :cool:
truly a team effort, and AZB does have a voice - when it wants to!
cheers!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I would have bet against all of the 75k would be there, but congrats to Pat for taking it this far. This Open is nowhere out of the woods yet, by far. Only 27 names on the players list, and of them 15 are freebies to past Open champs.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Positive news.

Hopefully he doesn't mess it up again. Hopefully there will be a great tournament this time, the players and the fans deserve it.

Good on Pat, and all the others involved in getting it this far.

Fingers crossed

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Here is my predicttion:

I just cannot see 128. $1k plus hotel and travel gonna be tough.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Positive news.

Hopefully he doesn't mess it up again. Hopefully there will be a great tournament this time, the players and the fans deserve it.

Good on Pat, and all the others involved in getting it this far.

Fingers crossed

Def glad to hear! Congrats on a job well done so far Pat, Jay, Roberta ( if she's helping out this year ) and all others that are trying to make this happen. Im betting there a few very sad folks with this news, but GO OPEN!!!!😀

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
the boys are here!

ze.png