U.S Open:Hows The Entries Going?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beeb's : While I have no need nor want to justify or debate my statement because its just my opinion and I believe it to be very straightforward, I am curious as to what I do not get - please clarify. Thanks.

JAM : Hi, thanks. Sounds like you got what I saying. Maybe because of where were from but yes the US OPEN has always been the biggest of deals. Hell, the Open has been going on longer than I've been alive. And I didn't even know who Barry was until I joined AZ couple years ago lol!

Dub: Exactly

Johnny T : Brother I have a feeling deep down you do like stiring the pot so to speak but you would secretly love to see the Open thrive AND I know you already have your front row VIP seats in hand for this year ☺

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And what list should "BeiberLvr" go on?

I understand both sides of the fence, but I agree with BmoreMoney as far as the prestige of the Open. We don't have very many pool tournaments on American soil, especially on the East Coast. I'm hoping this year on the 40th anniversary that the Open will be a huge success.

I guess you could put me on the list of those that are fans of the US Open, but not of Barry.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beeb's : is that not what I said¿¿¿?

No.

In a nutshell, you said that those who are rooting against Barry are also rooting against the US Open.

Simply not true.

I can hate Colonel Sanders, but still enjoy that sweet, sweet fried chicken.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No.

In a nutshell, you said that those who are rooting against Barry are also rooting against the US Open.

Simply not true.

Well I guess I just do not understand. The point you are trying to make, seems to me the EXACT point I was trying to make. I'm not that smart I guess but once again COULD U PLEASE EXPLAIN IN A FASSION US COMMONERS CAN UNDERSTAND?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
No.

Simply not true.

Unfortunately, you cannot have one without the other. Unless he agrees to sell it, which most feel is quite unlikely.

If you root for misfortune to find BB, you are rooting against the US Open actually happening.

I don't like the man either, from what I've seen and read. I try to hope that he doesn't screw it up this year. Not "against" him.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what is the status ? Wasn't Pat suppose to issue a yay or nay press release on the 75K being in escrow by now and if nay, how things would proceed?

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
If the money was there, several people would be stumbling over each other to announce it .... dont-cha-think ?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It's two days past the deadline to have all of the 75k in Pat's account.
Is it there Pat?
Is it there Barry?
Is it there Jay?
Is it there WPA?
Earth to anyone...is the bread in the lock box.
I'll take a wild guess...it is not. Johnnyt

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's two days past the deadline to have all of the 75k in Pat's account.
Is it there Pat?
Is it there Barry?
Is it there Jay?
Is it there WPA?
Earth to anyone...is the bread in the lock box.
I'll take a wild guess...it is not. Johnnyt

JT you need something to do, switch from cable to dish, that'll give you two guys to hustle (as long as you still have the barbox).

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's amazing to me that so many people who love our game are willing to sacrifice integrity in favor of "tradition" and "sentimental value". This culture of "hustlers" being gamed by Barry. I've tried to stay quiet on this one, but I simply can't understand this thought process. He knows that there's a contingent of people who will support the U.S. Open no matter what. And by proxy, enabling his antics.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the money was there, several people would be stumbling over each other to announce it .... dont-cha-think ?

As i remember it, if it wasn't there that was to be announced by PAT either way. He was also going to issue guidance on what the options were for the tournament and instructions on how refunds to players, if requested, would be handled.

I know Pat is in no way responsible for the funds being there or not but i thought he was going to communicate the status.

It also seems very strange that there is such silence on this by everyone.

My guess is Pat is being told by BB-just stall a few days -the $$ will be there and everything will be cool. If my guess is correct, that isnt the way it was set up.

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Well I guess I just do not understand. The point you are trying to make, seems to me the EXACT point I was trying to make. I'm not that smart I guess but once again COULD U PLEASE EXPLAIN IN A FASSION US COMMONERS CAN UNDERSTAND?

let's do a 180, and back up to last NOV when checks were bouncing & customers were screwed, & JAN when foreign winners still weren't paid & asked for AZB's help....

at that point, THERE WASN'T GOING TO BE A 40TH OPEN.

but, thanks to many, many herein (SUPPORTERS OF POOL & THE OPEN), they stepped in & made numerous phone calls, emails, texts, etc - and stayed on Barry's ass & got it done. and if you knew from simply picking up the phone, what i & and everyone else in Norfolk, VA Bch, Newport, & Chesapeake know - and if you'd been screwed after being "ïnvested" as a customer, vendor, supplier, media, sponsor, etc etc etc - then i would think it'd be crystal: those on Barry's ass, are MORE devoted to the Open, the Pros, & Pool.

my 12 guys are still waiting on their VIP recompense that Barry promised me back in JAN; where is it?

if the Sheraton isn't prepaid @ 45days advance (cleared), will there be a venue?

are the terms for the 6 Asians' governments based on the full purse @ $188K & if not, are they refunded & cancelled?

how are you invested & affected?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's amazing to me that so many people who love our game are willing to sacrifice integrity in favor of "tradition" and "sentimental value". This culture of "hustlers" being gamed by Barry. I've tried to stay quiet on this one, but I simply can't understand this thought process. He knows that there's a contingent of people who will support the U.S. Open no matter what. And by proxy, enabling his antics.

In no way am I suggesting sacrificing integrity. As I've already stated I think Barry is a POS for all the crap he's done and all of the people he's screwed over the years. As a fan I'm only hoping that the OPEN continues ( and continues in a positive way where the players get paid in full and on time, vendors and spectators are treated good and fairly, sponsors taken good care of, etc. All I'm saying is I don't care if it takes Barry putting all the money in escrow, CSI or whomever taking it over - just as Long as everything gets taken care of the way it should have been all along and as a fan I still get to enjoy the Open every year that's all.

Pinky - I do feel bad for all the players, vendors, spectators and anyone else Barry has screwed over the years, and once again I think he IS a total POS for all the crap over the years that he has done. As far as financially no I do not have any skin in this game, and I'm only invested from the standpoint of being a pool fan and thoroughly enjoy watching the event - the same way as the Daytona 500, World Series ( both baseball & poker ), the Superbowl and.............. Well u get the point. I've had business relationships where I've had to put up with BS before and for sure it def is not fun but I promptly fixed the situation or severred myself from that situation. So yes I certainly do feel bad for you as well as anyone else that he has wronged over the years but I'm just trying to talk about the event, not the man.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In no way am I suggesting sacrificing integrity. As I've already stated I think Barry is a POS for all the crap he's done and all of the people he's screwed over the years. As a fan I'm only hoping that the OPEN continues ( and continues in a positive way where the players get paid in full and on time, vendors and spectators are treated good and fairly, sponsors taken good care of, etc. All I'm saying is I don't care if it takes Barry putting all the money in escrow, CSI or whomever taking it over - just as Long as everything gets taken care of the way it should have been all along and as a fan I still get to enjoy the Open every year that's all.

Pinky - I do feel bad for all the players, vendors, spectators and anyone else Barry has screwed over the years, and once again I think he IS a total POS for all the crap over the years that he has done. As far as financially no I do not have any skin in this game, and I'm only invested from the standpoint of being a pool fan and thoroughly enjoy watching the event - the same way as the Daytona 500, World Series ( both baseball & poker ), the Superbowl and.............. Well u get the point. I've had business relationships where I've had to put up with BS before and for sure it def is not fun but I promptly fixed the situation or severred myself from that situation. So yes I certainly do feel bad for you as well as anyone else that he has wronged over the years but I'm just trying to talk about the event, not the man.

The way I interpret that, you're basically saying you'd take back a cheating spouse.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Is there an over/under for how many days past the deadline till there is any formal announcement?