Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page CTE Aiming Video
Page 1 of 20 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
CTE Aiming Video
Old
  (#1)
eezbank
Silver Surfer
eezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2835
  Send a message via AIM to eezbank Send a message via Yahoo to eezbank  
CTE Aiming Video - 12-10-2008, 03:57 PM

This is my attempt to try to show how center to edge is used. The video quality is poor. I just tried to put it together quickly before I go to league. I did notice that when I shot the 9 ball I wanted to say I'm cutting the ball to the right so I'm aiming at the left side of the OB and using the left to right pivot. No time to edit so my misses are included. That wasn't the systems fault just me trying to talk and shoot at the same time. Hopefully those of you that have asked for my help explaining this material will fully understand. If not I will try to do another video with whatever you feel that I left out. The other reason I did the video is the fact that there have been alot of claims that no adjustments are needed and so on. If there is another way to use Hals system that I'm unaware of I would ask that you please post to show how you use the system. Thanks in advance for your input.

Eric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi_UCD-eD00

Thanks!!
Old
  (#2)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Thanks!! - 12-10-2008, 04:24 PM

Eric,

You did an excellent job showing and explaining what you were doing and your camera person did excellent work too. No slap at the people doing the video's alone but having the camera being able to get into the proper position for each shot was a big help.

Sending you some rep for a good plain video.

Hu

Old
  (#3)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

12-10-2008, 04:26 PM

I agree... good job... I use CTE as well.

"The bad artists imitate, the great artists steal." -Pablo Picasso/Banksy
"I've got my own stick, too! I'm a GOOD player." "And your aviator shades make you a pilot & your fedora makes you Frank F_cking Sinatra." -OMGWTF

Old
  (#4)
randyg
www.poolschool.info
randyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-10-2008, 05:13 PM

Well done!!!!!! SPF=randyg

Old
  (#5)
SpiderWebComm
Banned
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

12-10-2008, 05:59 PM

PLAY WITH THE SPIDER:
http://www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/

John vs Lou: Episode I (Lou has a secret)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JpLyuItNiM

Intimidating Lou:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04qBi-hFLCY

Lou is Tanning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCkqZwvCn0

Geno versus The Kernel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKqOPjUVMQ4

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE

Last edited by SpiderWebComm; 12-17-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Old
  (#6)
eze
AzB Silver Member
eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezbank
This is my attempt to try to show how center to edge is used. The video quality is poor. I just tried to put it together quickly before I go to league. I did notice that when I shot the 9 ball I wanted to say I'm cutting the ball to the right so I'm aiming at the left side of the OB and using the left to right pivot. No time to edit so my misses are included. That wasn't the systems fault just me trying to talk and shoot at the same time. Hopefully those of you that have asked for my help explaining this material will fully understand. If not I will try to do another video with whatever you feel that I left out. The other reason I did the video is the fact that there have been alot of claims that no adjustments are needed and so on. If there is another way to use Hals system that I'm unaware of I would ask that you please post to show how you use the system. Thanks in advance for your input.

Eric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi_UCD-eD00

Nice video.
I have a couple of questions for you at around 6:12 in your video you where attempting a thin cut shot in your video at a close range and you didnt finish, could that shot be made with cte?I set up the same shot on my table and couldnt get close unless i moved my bridge hand or use a really ,really short bridge.I have talk with hal several times and every shot
required a pivot according to him,thick or thin even straight in ones even the halfball hits required a pivot.Also the last shot in your video was not a half ball hit may look like it at a distance but its not.Anyway great video
on your version of cte aiming system ,maybe we can get more videos on here and finally firgure out cte system. Thanks..

Old
  (#7)
Patrick Johnson
Banned
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-10-2008, 07:29 PM

It looked like the last two OBs were on the center spot and the foot spot. You said you hit them both with a half ball hit and no pivot.

Only the OB on the center spot goes with a half ball hit. The OB on the foot spot hits about a diamond from the pocket (on the end rail) with a half ball hit. You had to adjust your aim somehow to make it.

I appreciate your effort to show CTE aiming, but am I missing something?

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 12-10-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Old
  (#8)
DennyS
Pro-Instructor
DennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond reputeDennyS has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to DennyS Send a message via AIM to DennyS Send a message via Yahoo to DennyS Send a message via Skype™ to DennyS 
12-10-2008, 07:40 PM

Nice Job Eric!

Denny Stewart
www.facebook.com/Denny.Stewart
PBIA Advanced Instructor
Playing Cue - Cory Barnhart
OB Player Rep.

Old
  (#9)
Neil
AzB Silver Member
Neil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200

12-10-2008, 08:17 PM

Last edited by Neil; 07-22-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Old
  (#10)
12squared
AzB Gold Member
12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-10-2008, 08:18 PM

Thank you for taking the time to create your video and explaination of CTE. It was sarly needed. One question, why was two different length shots in the same line both a 1/2 ball hit? Just curious because the angle of the object ball was different to make both shots.

Dave

Old
  (#11)
eezbank
Silver Surfer
eezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson
It looked like the last two OBs were on the center spot and the foot spot. You said you hit them both with a half ball hit and no pivot.

Only the OB on the center spot goes with a half ball hit. The OB on the foot spot hits about a diamond from the pocket (on the end rail) with a half ball hit. You had to adjust your aim somehow to make it.

I appreciate your effort to show CTE aiming, but am I missing something?

pj
chgo
The distance of the ball and how you approach the shot changes where the edge that you see is. If you're shooting a ball straight in you wouldn't aline your body and cue in the same path that you would if you're back cutting a ball. I think that is how the shots are made with the same aim point.

Old
  (#12)
eezbank
Silver Surfer

12-10-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Nice video.
I have a couple of questions for you at around 6:12 in your video you where attempting a thin cut shot in your video at a close range and you didnt finish, could that shot be made with cte?I set up the same shot on my table and couldnt get close unless i moved my bridge hand or use a really ,really short bridge.I have talk with hal several times and every shot
required a pivot according to him,thick or thin even straight in ones even the halfball hits required a pivot.Also the last shot in your video was not a half ball hit may look like it at a distance but its not.Anyway great video
on your version of cte aiming system ,maybe we can get more videos on here and finally firgure out cte system. Thanks..
yes the shot can be made but it's really tough. i use two tips then pivot back to center. the way i explained it is the way hal taught me. there seems to be some variations out there. i hope there will be more videos on this subject so we can see how everyone uses the system. thanks for your input.

Old
  (#13)
eezbank
Silver Surfer

12-10-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyS
Nice Job Eric!
thanks Denny.

Old
  (#14)
Patrick Johnson
Banned
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-10-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
The distance of the ball and how you approach the shot changes where the edge that you see is.
Well, that doesn't explain it for me, but I'm glad it's working for you.

pj <- no, I don't want to call Hal, thankyouverymuch
chgo

stupid questions?
Old
  (#15)
jdsons
AzB Silver Member
jdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond reputejdsons has a reputation beyond repute

stupid questions? - 12-10-2008, 10:39 PM

Eric,
Great job. I answered my original question by watching the video again.

On you next video please include the banking aspect, and maybe kicking.

I spoke with Hal a few times and he stated it is the same.

Thanks Again,
jdsons

Last edited by jdsons; 12-11-2008 at 03:37 AM.

Page 1 of 20 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: