Ugly women and cheap pool cues......

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK so most of us had a girlfriend or hook-up that they weren't especially showing off to their friends.

I figure it's often the same with cues. You had one that you liked but you don't brag about it because it didn't have the status of a big name.

Maybe you still have it in your closet. You won't sell it and when nobody is around you still shoot with it sometimes.

I have shown pictures of my Cobra and Mizerak cues in the forum....it didn't hurt, it was liberating. :wink: With a proper ferrule and tip they shoot just fine, with a better shaft they shoot even better. With nothing they are fine for a beginner or just for playing around.

So yeah......you can leave out the ugly woman....let's hear about the affair with the cheap pool cue. :thumbup:

Ladies, don't take offense....you know you did it too....LOL! I'm not sexist. If you're hiding a cheap pool cue in your past or in your closet I would love to hear about that too. :)

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
OK so most of us had a girlfriend or hook-up that they weren't especially showing off to their friends.

I figure it's often the same with cues. You had one that you liked but you don't brag about it because it didn't have the status of a big name.

Maybe you still have it in your closet. You won't sell it and when nobody is around you still shoot with it sometimes.

I have shown pictures of my Cobra and Mizerak cues in the forum....it didn't hurt, it was liberating. :wink: With a proper ferrule and tip they shoot just fine, with a better shaft they shoot even better. With nothing they are fine for a beginner or just for playing around.

So yeah......you can leave out the ugly woman....let's hear about the affair with the cheap pool cue. :thumbup:

Ladies, don't take offense....you know you did it too....LOL! I'm not sexist. If you're hiding a cheap pool cue in your past or in your closet I would love to hear about that too. :)

The worst piece of @$$ I ever had was wonderful! :)

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must have high standards in both regard. I do not have an ugly pool cue in my house and my wife is still pretty hot...sorry no pics.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not have an ugly pool cue in my house

OK...I didn't say ugly pool cues and cheap women! LOL! That would be a whole different subject I think. :D

So yeah......cheap pool cues.

None in yer house? Hey, ok. But odds are there is one in your past and you liked it.....even if you grew beyond it later.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get him, Chopdoc!

OK...I didn't say ugly pool cues and cheap women! LOL! That would be a whole different subject I think. :D

So yeah......cheap pool cues.

None in yer house? Hey, ok. But odds are there is one in your past and you liked it.....even if you grew beyond it later.

Keep him in line!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did have one but it was too fat for me.

We are talking about pool cues, yes?

See!

I knew it!

You had one of those old style fat butt ones didn't you?

Oh come on now......you liked it.......

Yes of course we are talking about pool cues. Otherwise I would have had to post this in NPR. :)

bes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an ugly Mali with icky red wrap and "just not right" greyish-brown stain color on the featureless wood. It hit with a "kind if damp" feel. But I probably shot as well with it as anything. Never liked look or feel of it, but couldn't get rid of it either.

I once left it in a bar. Realized it was missing a couple days later, went to check, and found it in the cue rack. Apparently it wasn't evennice enough to steal!

I finally gave it away to a buddy - who used it for a couple years and liked it.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Oh yeah, I like something to hold onto too.
Just that I prefer a bit more forward balance.

I don't have anything in the ugly cue dept, altho, thats all the pawn shops
around here carry. I should get one and put a good shaft to it.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
fat ones need love too! i find that a bigger butt is easier to grip.

Mike

Only the ones worth in excess of 900 Million.
images

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I like my pool cues the same as I like my wife, sexy! One cost me money and one makes me money, I'll let you decide which.

But there was that one time at band camp.........:thumbup:

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
oh yeah, i like something to hold onto too.
Just that i prefer a bit more forward balance.

I don't have anything in the ugly cue dept, altho, thats all the pawn shops
around here carry. I should get one and put a good shaft to it.

lol.................

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Long ago, I had a Meucci Maximum cue.. It was a cheap cue, but I played with it for a lonnnnng time... First, I got arrested by the MPs and it was confiscated, because I was gambling in the enlisted club. They held it for almost 2 months, and I had to buy a Steve Mizerak to get me by until I got it back.

Then, a few months after I got it back, it was stolen from the dayroom, and I bought a Meucci sneaky Pete for about $150.00. Played with that one for about 8-9 years before I gave it to my Dad.

I also played with one of the old one-color McDermott's back in the day, whilst I dreamed of having enough money for a Schon.

Russ

jwalko1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first cue was an aluminum joint Duffrin I paid $60 for in the mid 1980's. I used it for a couple of years. Don't remember if I liked the hit or not (I don't think I did). It wasn't bad looking...black nylon wrap and some kind of dark stained wood. Didn't like the taper on the shaft...was sort of a constant taper from the tip to the joint.

Replaced it with a McDermott which has the brightest red nylon wrap you ever saw...Cue hit nice and I liked the feel of it when I bought it...but that wrap was ugly. Can't remember what I ever did with that cue. I probably sold it cheap...or I might have given it away. Wasn't a bad cue...just out grew it.

John

JC

Coos Cues
Check out the custom Ostrich skin wrap

On this old Palmer I have. If this cue was in better shape and had any value I would get it re wrapped. The leather looks like a bath tub anti skid mat my mom has. Offers anyone?

008.jpg