Ugly women and cheap pool cues......

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
As far as women go they're all the same. You know the old saying "Once you get past the smell, You've got her licked". And as far as your ugly cue goes, looks mean nothing. As long as your shafts still straight and you have a good Tip on the end of that thing.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, but remember.....this isn't about ugly pool cues...it's about cheap ones.....especially cheap ones we happen to like but don't talk about much because...well....because they are cheap. :)

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry my bad. How about switching it to cheap women & ugly cues?

No problem. :)

But all the women I have met are extremely expensive.....even the "cheap" ones....... :confused:

So....I don't think we can switch the topic around...... :D

Big_mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fat ones need love too! i find that a bigger butt is easier to grip.

Mike

fat one are like scooters... fun to ride till your friends catch ya doing it...

I wish i could find a picture of my ugly cue .. the worst looking cue ever. The butt was in 3 small sections with silver rings you could add or take out to change the weight. it looked like someone tried carving something in it with a chisel ( and did a crap job of it) had a slide on tip like some of the cheep house cues. i konw you all have seen one like it. i think walmart sold them for a wile..

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Well I have 3 out of the 4 cheap, ugly all black China made POS sticks that came with my table. I let friends use them who are too stupid to take the McDermotts and Cuetecs that are in the rack. My good ones are locked up.

But I really wish I still had my first cue, an all blue aluminum stick from 1967.

I have one like that!!! Its a one piece blue aluminum cue thats anodized, it has what almost looks like a very thin joint in the center that is aluminum colored, its only about a 1/2" thick but the cue does not come a part. Its also a pretty small shaft diameter, I never measured but I would guess its around 11-11.5 mm.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish i could find a picture of my ugly cue .. the worst looking cue ever. The butt was in 3 small sections with silver rings you could add or take out to change the weight. it looked like someone tried carving something in it with a chisel ( and did a crap job of it) had a slide on tip like some of the cheep house cues. i konw you all have seen one like it. i think walmart sold them for a wile..[/QUOTE]

Back in the 60's I had the cue described above. Picked them up at Sears.
Yes I bought more then one.
Since women were brought up. She may have been a 5 or 6 with the wrapping on
but a 9 when wrapping was removed. She was wacked BTW. I think she married my ex best friend.

Sure hope my lovely wife never finds this post. :eek:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wish i could find a picture of my ugly cue .. the worst looking cue ever. The butt was in 3 small sections with silver rings you could add or take out to change the weight. it looked like someone tried carving something in it with a chisel ( and did a crap job of it) had a slide on tip like some of the cheep house cues. i konw you all have seen one like it. i think walmart sold them for a wile..

but a 9 when wrapping was removed. She was wacked BTW. I think she married my ex best friend.

Sure hope my lovely wife never finds this post. :eek:[/QUOTE]

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Sure hope my lovely wife never finds this post. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I bought 24 of those cues in the late 70s....ramin wood shafts...put them away for 3 years...wanted to see if any shafts stayed straight...I was curious how a ramin wood shaft would hit on a good cue.

...not even one of them stayed straight...cost me $2 apiece...brand new.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought 24 of those cues in the late 70s....ramin wood shafts...put them away for 3 years...wanted to see if any shafts stayed straight...I was curious how a ramin wood shaft would hit on a good cue.

...not even one of them stayed straight...cost me $2 apiece...brand new.

Funny. Not a surprising outcome I would think. But was it some property inherent to the wood or how it was aged etc? Hard to say at this point. Ramin is ugly stuff anyway.

And now Ramin is a protected endangered species. Not in small part because of the cheap pool cue market over the course of forty years or so.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Funny. Not a surprising outcome I would think. But was it some property inherent to the wood or how it was aged etc? Hard to say at this point. Ramin is ugly stuff anyway.

And now Ramin is a protected endangered species. Not in small part because of the cheap pool cue market over the course of forty years or so.

I guess ramin wood needs to be handled by a good American cue maker....
...properly cured and turned....and whatever.

Ramin is a hardwood comparable to ash and maple...that's why I was curious.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess ramin wood needs to be handled by a good American cue maker....
...properly cured and turned....and whatever.

Ramin is a hardwood comparable to ash and maple...that's why I was curious.

Perfectly understandable. Since it was so cheap, a reasonable experiment.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me thinks pt109 is trying to get me in trouble. He quoted me twice?
I'm telling ya she must read my mind, the woman I married that is.
Out of the blue she brought up the young lady I alluded to in my original post.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doc, yah know the cheap ugly cues will do things the pretty expensive ones never would so truthfully ALL CUES HAVE THEI PLACE!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Me thinks pt109 is trying to get me in trouble. He quoted me twice?
I'm telling ya she must read my mind, the woman I married that is.
Out of the blue she brought up the young lady I alluded to in my original post.

I don't know what happened....I got a IPad Air for Christmas....and I'm still confused.
.....Windows at home

...and after all....you only bought her one drink..

image.jpeg

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what happened....I got a IPad Air for Christmas....and I'm still confused.
.....Windows at home

...and after all....you only bought her one drink..

View attachment 419168

No I bought her a whole new wardrobe. Took her from rags to riches.
Then I came home one day and my apartment was empty including my clothes.
Best thing that happened to me aside from meeting the wife once she the other woman was gone.

It's okay but you only get one suck at the pump PT. :grin-square: