Ugly women and cheap pool cues......

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I have 3 out of the 4 cheap, ugly all black China made POS sticks that came with my table. I let friends use them who are too stupid to take the McDermotts and Cuetecs that are in the rack. My good ones are locked up.

But I really wish I still had my first cue, an all blue aluminum stick from 1967.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Well I have 3 out of the 4 cheap, ugly all black China made POS sticks that came with my table. I let friends use them who are too stupid to take the McDermotts and Cuetecs that are in the rack. My good ones are locked up.

I was about to say the same thing about my girlfriends.
The good ones are locked up as well.
Most of them are leftover from the days when I would go out looking for a
'10', and settle for 5-2's or a Schmelke.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like my cues like I like my girl!!

Unwrapped and skinny :thumbup:

No pics of my wrapless POS cues, but my GF is in my Avatar.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
AAAAAAAhhhhgg!!!!!

images.jpeg

I prefer Rosie-palms.

girlfriend_jill_Girlfriend_Jill-s526x478-41267-580.jpg

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
My cheap pool cue was my first cue. It was a Steve Mizerak by Adams. A basic birdseye maple plain cue. I paid $85 for it. I sold off half of my comic book collection to get the money together for the cue. I played it just over a year when I got my next pool cue which was a Schon which I paid $350 for back in 1983. I still have both of those cues along with the others I have picked up since then.

David "Glamour Dave" Nienow

John Brumback

Silver Member
I had an ole viking with a brass joint and fish string wrap.Ugly as all get out
but wished I had kept It.Played pretty good for as ugly as It was.That was my first cue that the pin came out of the butt Instead of out of the shaft,Thought I really had somthin at the time.lol.John B.

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
I have a cheap Players Cue. And I'm not sure why but the cue plays like God, I love the hit. So when im running out playing someone they usually ask what kind of cue is that. So I say Players and they get a disgusted look on there face lol.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a players that I used to break with still my fav over BK2 Break cue but I somehow misplaced it

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
I had a gray stained maple (VERY LITTLE curly figure) Mali with a black and white specked linen wrap, with off white (phenolic??) buttcap and joint (3x8 - 10 pin). It was the first cue that I BOUGHT (used to sneak the old man's Meucci hustler cue now and then). She wasn't the prettiest, but she played pretty darn good (I've heard the ugly one's try harder - lol).

A couple of years ago Bama had a wrapless one for sale in the wanted/for sale section...it didn't have the same green block letters M A L I on it (this one had gold leters), but I had to get it for nostalgic sake. Wasn't quite the same, so I gave it to a buddy, who still plays it. :cool:

Since then I've had a couple of not so fancy players, but nothing really ugly, just not fancy... :embarrassed2:

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ugly women and cheap pool cues

I had played with some really cheap ones(pool cues that is) in the late '60s. Got them from the local Sears sporting goods department I did. I wrapped them with thread used for wrapping fishing rods. That way they wouldn't look too cheap...lol. I figured that way I could decide the weight I liked so when I could afford a decent cue I'd know what to get.

Oh, and I, to this day, won't tell about the ugly women. :grin-angelic::bash::grin-angelic:

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Why are you picking on ugly women?

Could had easily made a reference to beat up cars, shoes with holes on the bottom, cue case that was held up by clothes pins or 3 legged horse...

OK, I lighten up -haha- but for the record, I like my fat butt (on my cue) too ;)

S.G.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an ole viking with a brass joint and fish string wrap.Ugly as all get out
but wished I had kept It.
Played pretty good for as ugly as It was.That was my first cue that the pin came out of the butt Instead of out of the shaft,Thought I really had somthin at the time.lol.John B.

I had played with some really cheap ones(pool cues that is) in the late '60s. Got them from the local Sears sporting goods department I did. I wrapped them with thread used for wrapping fishing rods. That way they wouldn't look too cheap...lol. I figured that way I could decide the weight I liked so when I could afford a decent cue I'd know what to get.

Oh, and I, to this day, won't tell about the ugly women.

I had a gray stained maple (VERY LITTLE curly figure) Mali with a black and white specked linen wrap, with off white (phenolic??) buttcap and joint (3x8 - 10 pin). It was the first cue that I BOUGHT (used to sneak the old man's Meucci hustler cue now and then). She wasn't the prettiest, but she played pretty darn good (I've heard the ugly one's try harder - lol).

A couple of years ago Bama had a wrapless one for sale in the wanted/for sale section...it didn't have the same green block letters M A L I on it (this one had gold leters), but I had to get it for nostalgic sake. Wasn't quite the same, so I gave it to a buddy, who still plays it.

I sold off half of my comic book collection to get the money together for the cue.

The leather looks like a bath tub anti skid mat my mom has.

Gotta love the stories. I just grabbed a few quotes, not playing favorites.

I knew I would enjoy this, I hope you all are too.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of my cues I've never spent over $200 bucks on, most under $150. I only had $150 into my Schon R-6, $200 on an stl3 (sold for 350 a few days later, $95 into my darrin hill...... The list goes on an on. I did rock a china's finest with a sun and 8ball in the butt sleeve. $12.99 at goodwill. Had a great shaft. Sold the shaft for $40 and threw in the butt for free.

On another note, I never went home with an ugly or big girl, but I woke up next to a few. :embarrassed2: I don't drink anymore though. :thumbup:

JC

Coos Cues
The first cue I bought when I was 17

Was an Adam with a screw on ferrule. Anyone remember those? It was easy to put a tip on, all you needed was some glue and a c-clamp. My son still has that cue and the plaid cloth cue case it came in. When you show up with that rig, it's pretty easy to find action. Unfortunately the action is usually too much for you. Truth is I loved that cue more than any one I have had before or since. Just for the memories of how good I felt when I laid down my hard earned $70 and took it over to the pool hall. Check me out boys, I have my own stick!!:)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Steve Oaks was a road player of the 70's....played with a wood shaft
and an aluminum butt...it was butt ugly.
Nick Varner took a shot with it and couldn't believe how good it hit.
When Steve came out of hiding and started playing tournaments...
..he took off the cloth from the butt that he had sprayed with aluminum
paint....it was a top of the line Joss.
That Joss was like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAUSKxWMIh0&feature=related

And I've never seen a woman look ugly.....
...when she held a child and smiled

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did rock a china's finest with a sun and 8ball in the butt sleeve. $12.99 at goodwill. Had a great shaft. Sold the shaft for $40 and threw in the butt for free.
Spectacular!

I actually have an old cheapie with a great shaft as well.

:thumbup:

Truth is I loved that cue more than any one I have had before or since. Just for the memories of how good I felt when I laid down my hard earned $70 and took it over to the pool hall.

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

he took off the cloth from the butt that he had sprayed with aluminum
paint....it was a top of the line Joss.

Just goes to show you....you never really know what you are up against.....

Great stuff folks!

I'm not. :)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Could had easily made a reference to beat up cars, shoes with holes on the bottom, cue case that was held up by clothes pins or 3 legged horse...

OK, I lighten up -haha- but for the record, I like my fat butt (on my cue) too ;)

S.G.

What are you doing in this thread?..:confused:
We're talkin' 'ugly women'.

You go home now!

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here ya go -- old and ugly. My ex-brother-in-law (nuff hypens) gave this to me 20 years ago. It has a 10 mm shaft and I have no idea who made it except that it came from Hamilton, Ohtario.

Funny thing about this ole girl is I just love her. She plays well and I have never changed the tip. She needs refinishing but I just can't bring myself to touch anything about her unique style. Yeah she is ugly but one of my favorites. My guess is someone paid about $75.00 back when that was a good bit for a snooker cue

SnookerCue.jpg