Johnny Archer's Buddy Hall Fund Raiser

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Seems like Johnny's fund raiser to send Buddy as Co-Captain to the 2013 Mosconi Cup ran into some issues with loyal AZ Members not getting what they bid on? Why doesn't JAScorpion post on here and make it right. He had the time to post about the auction to fund Buddy...oh we'll just screw the AZ members that bid Johnny !

Wedge

Oh ghee wiz...why don't Pro players get more respect on the forum!

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Seems like Johnny's fund raiser to send Buddy as Co-Captain to the 2013 Mosconi Cup ran into some issues with loyal AZ Members not getting what they bid on? Why doesn't JAScorpion post on here and make it right. He had the time to post about the auction to fund Buddy...oh we'll just screw the AZ members that bid Johnny !

Wedge

Do you have any details? Can you back that up?

I know Johnny tried to do a noble thing for a legendary mentor - just not sure of the details and his accountability of the logistics on this.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Boy, you better have some facts to back this up - or this thread's gonna get jerked by morning.

you need to add details ASAP, to the OP.

Wedge

Are you saying that there were some members who actually paid but did not receive the items, or that they didn't receive anything but are still wanting to pay, but didn't get the opportunity? These are 2 very different scenarios.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Not hard to find. Toward the end of this thread. Appears the ball was dropped on the signed jerseys. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=336851

wow - i stand corrected. but not as bad as anticipated. so Rodney's (and possibly Johnny's) shirts (red, cause they wore red and also black), that were purchased @ $275/$225, didn't have ALL sig's from Mosconi? and/or haven't been received yet? plus the cloth hasn't been received?

WEDGE might should have stated this. (yes, i'm YELLING @ you)

this can all be made RIGHT. as it should be.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Not hard to find. Toward the end of this thread. Appears the ball was dropped on the signed jerseys. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=336851

Thanks cueaddicts. I rarely venture to the wanted/for sale forum and had no idea the original thread was moved there and had taken on life. :embarrassed2:
I hope all the kindhearted bidders are taken care of. The last time I dropped close to $300 on a shirt there was someone hot inside.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Uh Oh scolded by the Pink Lady

Boy, you better have some facts to back this up - or this thread's gonna get jerked by morning.

you need to add details ASAP, to the OP.

I doubt they will yank it as it is on the AZ Home Page under Forums!

Being scolded is the Teacher

Wedge

barking4action

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have any details? Can you back that up?

I know Johnny tried to do a noble thing for a legendary mentor - just not sure of the details and his accountability of the logistics on this.

I won a autographed shirt for $225.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,940

barking4action

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I got. I just renovated my garage and this was going to be the showpiece of the room. I even did a trade for a $300 frame. I received it a month later then I receive jay h. Magazine. Props to jay h. For following through with his obligations. I didn't even get buddy halls signature and I helped pay his gas!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,955
Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
if this were me, i'd be starting a thread, too - AFTER talking w/ JA repeatedly to no avail. which wouldn't be the case -

what i can tell yáll, and i don't know if it was streamed or not, is that after the Cup was awarded, all players stayed in the ring (US @ left & Euro @ right), and the fans came down ringside. tons of them - you couldn't even get through to exit. for autographs, to shake hands, and say "well done". almost all were Euros. (US left to sulk)

i was there @ 40mins till almost all had cleared - doing my Michaela thing. and while i was preoccupied, i do vaguely remember Johnny whipping out a pen for the shirts to be signed. i just can't remember WHO, was writing on WHOM.... it was a little crazy.

but those Euros were SERIOUS about getting their autographs. they had 5 sets of programs/ea, and were going to "sell them on Ebay".

this can be fixed. the holidays are over & now everyone's back to business. and JA's been notified.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
I Would feel sorry for You

LMAO Wedge. I get a new scar every day from her. "Do the laundry, put on a new roof, rebuild my engine, suck my toes better." She's relentless.

But I bet you introduced her to AZ Billiards! I hope when she scolds you she is wearing glasses, hair tied back, starched white blouse and plaid skirt!

The naughty Librarian is the Teacher

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
i will also say this @ BARKING4ACTION

as i recall, i had your autographed program locked @ $100 (as long as Jay did ____). and then the thread got moved. and then Ray delayed the closing. and i was outbid @ last minute by F-I-V-E DOLLARS.

so your shirt is missing autographs? i'm just sayin' ....

:cool:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Pinklady - I am not understanding your position on this.

If JA had trouble getting the signatures on the shirts because of all the Euros pushing their way through to the players and pushing JA out of the way, shouldn't he have contacted the winning bidder, explained the situation and let him know that he will still be getting the item he won but it would take a little longer to gather the signatures?

barking4action

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i will also say this @ BARKING4ACTION

as i recall, i had your autographed program locked @ $100 (as long as Jay did ____). and then the thread got moved. and then Ray delayed the closing. and i was outbid @ last minute by F-I-V-E DOLLARS.

so your shirt is missing autographs? i'm just sayin' ....

:cool:
I bid with ten minutes left to go. I think $330 pretty good to donate. I'm glad you happy I got screwed out of what would have been a really cool center piece with was going to showcase the magazine and shirt in the same frame. Not gonna happen now you want the magazine?