Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Corey's invented the next best thing to instant 9-on-the-snap.
Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Corey's invented the next best thing to instant 9-on-the-snap.
Old
  (#1)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
Corey's invented the next best thing to instant 9-on-the-snap. - 03-24-2014, 01:51 PM

And it doesn't require any gaps in the rack.
I wanna thank Westcoast for pointing this out in another thread.

Corey will not be satisfied until he completely breaks 9 ball.

First he figured out how to make a ball on the break every time and get a look at the 1.
Then he figured out how to get an easy layout so he can run the whole rack every time.
Now he's figured out how to leave himself a wired 9 ball combo after running just 2 or 3 balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZa59OiRJd8

He hasn't quite perfected it, and maybe it only works on the barbox.
But in this one match he set it up every time
and was able to execute it for 5 out of his 9 wins.

He apparently randomizes a few balls so as to skirt around the pattern racking rule,
though it's obvious what he's doing. Sometimes he just has to run to the 3 ball,
which is near-wired to the 9. Other times to the 4 or 5. Somehow it's never, say, the 8 ball.

Don't get me wrong, the match actually shows some amazing shots by Corey.
It's not like all he does is get early 9's and then runs to the bank.

Dennis seems to be racking differently all the time and breaking much firmer.
Almost like he wants a random outcome. I dunno if he's trying to stick to the spirit of the law,
or if he just gave up trying to imitate what corey does. He's pattern racked in the past.

Rack 2 -

Rack 5 -

Rack 8 - backfires, Corey loses control of the rack and Dennis gets the early 9.

Rack 10 -

Rack 12 -

Rack 14 -

Old
  (#2)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-24-2014, 01:56 PM

And they say Earl is the genius...

Old
  (#3)
cajunbarboxplyr
Beatem down wit a Varney
cajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2850
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana...5 minutes from White Diamonds Billiards
 Send a message via ICQ to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via AIM to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via MSN to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via Yahoo to cajunbarboxplyr  
03-24-2014, 02:16 PM

Hehe good eye sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cajun
Playing Cue: Varney Sneaky!
Case: Whitten Copy
Cues in the Works:
Break Cue: Varney Shop Reject J/B
Jump Cue: Varney j/b
Cue Collection: Varney And Ross

Old
  (#4)
tommyceilings
The Netherland Nihilator
tommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond reputetommyceilings has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2014, 02:20 PM

At around 11:30 in this video, did someone break wind really badly, or is the guy to the right of the screen trying to be undercover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZa59OiRJd8

I like your Url Strickland, he is anjoyable playder

Old
  (#5)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2014, 02:23 PM

apparently you haven't watched svb break on a bar box and do the exact same thing.

Player........... road line/ 12.9 revo shaft

Break cue.... bk3

jump cue..... Fury

Case............ jack justis, predator butterfly , original It's George

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#6)
ScottK
AzB Silver Member
ScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond reputeScottK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-24-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo View Post

He apparently randomizes a few balls so as to skirt around the pattern racking rule, though it's obvious what he's doing.
Fun to watch, but he isn't skirting around the pattern racking rule, he's violating said rule. Not that it matters much, I don't think there's a rack he wouldn't have been out anyway.

Old
  (#7)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

03-24-2014, 03:56 PM

Just about anyone can do that on a BB and using MR. I get the 3-9 combo. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Old
  (#8)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
apparently you haven't watched svb break on a bar box and do the exact same thing.
I was hoping he'd enter the SBE barbox pro-am but apparently that money was too easy
and he was too busy winning the 10 ball event.
So no, never saw 6 out of 9 racks end on the same early 9 combo.

I watched about a hundred players at SBE in both amateur and pro barbox events,
and not a single one did what corey's doing, probably because no magic rack.
But even with magic rack, if I hit them as soft as corey seems to, I get flake results.
I'm gonna practice it sometime.

Old
  (#9)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597

03-24-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyt View Post
Just about anyone can do that on a BB and using MR. I get the 3-9 combo. Johnnyt
If anyone can do that why is nobody but him doing it?

I'm guessing it's harder than it looks.

I know you got a barbox, and maybe a magic rack.
Give it a whirl, and let me know if you can make a ball, get easy on the 1,
and then make the wired 3-9 combo 5 out of 10 tries.

Old
  (#10)
cleary
Honestly, I'm a liar.
cleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8500
  Send a message via AIM to cleary  

He tried to do the same thing when he played SVB on TAR. It didn't work as well.

Old
  (#11)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

CreeDo you need to start a "racking secrets of the pros" newsletter.

Old
  (#12)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

03-24-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
If anyone can do that why is nobody but him doing it?

I'm guessing it's harder than it looks.

I know you got a barbox, and maybe a magic rack.
Give it a whirl, and let me know if you can make a ball, get easy on the 1,
and then make the wired 3-9 combo 5 out of 10 tries.
It doesn't have to be the 5-9. It could be almost any #-9 but the 1 ball. You hit them so soft that a lot of balls stay around the 9 ball. In almost every break there is a combo on the 9.

I don't have to try it, I do it all the time playing the ghost. It's easy...no I won't put up a fn video of me doing it. You try it. It's very easy to learn in minutes. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Old
  (#13)
o.g. (old guy)
mark
o.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2014, 04:40 PM

To eliminate the automatic wing ball in the corner, why don't they just rack the 9 on the spot? especially on a bar box.

Old
  (#14)
driven
AzB Silver Member
driven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond reputedriven has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2014, 04:41 PM

when I saw the Shane, Thorsten bar table match at first I thought "I like this magic rack" it takes the break out of the game. The wing ball went in every time. every time. all they had to do is run out. easy as pie for these guys.
Now I am not so sure. It just might be to predictable.
steven

Did he win the USBTC
Old
  (#15)
robsnotes4u
AzB Silver Member
robsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to robsnotes4u 
Did he win the USBTC - 03-24-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I was hoping he'd enter the SBE barbox pro-am but apparently that money was too easy
and he was too busy winning the 10 ball event.
So no, never saw 6 out of 9 racks end on the same early 9 combo.

I watched about a hundred players at SBE in both amateur and pro barbox events,
and not a single one did what corey's doing, probably because no magic rack.
But even with magic rack, if I hit them as soft as corey seems to, I get flake results.
I'm gonna practice it sometime.
Don't think he won the USBTC, I think SVB did.

Robert Martin
Mandan, ND and Fargo, ND

Cue...2011 Keith Josey Custom
Ob Break Cue

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: