1st Annual Tornado Open Sept. 30- Oct.4, 2015

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No no no no no.

Don't you realize that you're suppose to come on here and pimp any tournament relentlessly, then when it starts...do nothing.

Then insert standard reply..."I was busy with the tournament".

So you're saying posting about 120 times for 1 tournament with nothing much to say in any of them & mostly in the main forum instead of tournament section where it should be is a bit Charlie Williams'ish. What are the chances of her returning for updates,brackets,live scoring,etc.? Returning to give a PPV link & saying "hurry! come join us for this historic short race bar table match" will probably be about it.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you're saying posting about 120 times for 1 tournament with nothing much to say in any of them & mostly in the main forum instead of tournament section where it should be is a bit Charlie Williams'ish. What are the chances of her returning for updates,brackets,live scoring,etc.? Returning to give a PPV link & saying "hurry! come join us for this historic short race bar table match" will probably be about it.

While i see the point it seems she is working solo without help , making posts trying to fill the event . I don't know her cut , but i don't see a lot of other pros doing leg work to get tournaments going . I could sense her anxiety , i almost posted relax , slow down earlier.

I watched another tournament she put on and played in and you could see her battery run down towards the end . At least she is getting off the pot.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I can only say this. Look at Vivian's post history, and she doesn't give the forum the time of day unless it's for a tournament she is doing, and then as Steve says it gets pimped out.

There were threads in multiple forums ( I myself put a post for a tournament I was running in here and in US tournament) however, I continually got bumped way down by her rebumping.

Sad when a player of that caliber and depth only comes around for that sole purpose.

No no no no no.

Don't you realize that you're suppose to come on here and pimp any tournament relentlessly, then when it starts...do nothing.

Then insert standard reply..."I was busy with the tournament".

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is field that has many stars. And the Scotch doubles have interesting combos
Too bad it is 7 ft :grin-square:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The excitement is building in San Antonio. I went to a pool hall tonight that is close to the hotel suggested by Vivian. There were a couple of the local regular hustlers there doing their own thing and a few people here for the tournament. Josh Roberts and a couple of other guys were there with a very attractive young woman. They were basically goofing around and eating the great food at this place.

Nothing serious going on so I figured I would head on home and as I was getting into my car I noticed a couple pull up and get out of their car with some nice cue cases. I thought, hey I think I recognize them. Whoa, that's the Rocket man and holy shiiiiiit, Shanelle Loraine. I hope I didn't put a big ding in the car next to me trying to get out of my car so fast.

Well, I am a part of a local group called action alert. Sort of like Amber alert but if you come across action, call, call, call.

A few people from the action alert group were able to get there in time to be in the same room with Shanelle. Yeah, yeah, yeah, people see her photos and think of the Jethro Tull song AQUALUNG but she has a gorgeous face tooooo. She was wearing a long sweater at first and when she took that off and had on nothing but a tank top and some skin tight pants, all conversations in the room STOPPED. I figure it took about two to three minutes for guys in the room to be able to talk again.

Now, I have been to the Louvre Museum in Paris and stood before the Mona Lisa. That was nothing compared to the beauty that I experienced tonight.

And she is a class III kind of woman. She should move to Texas.

Now this is how and on site report should be done!

cesarmorales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now this is how and on site report should be done!

And it is getting better. Today I saw The black widow and Jennifer Barreta who I have seen before in New York. Of course they were both stunning. No sign of Loree Jon or Allison. Vivian fell off of a ladder while getting the show ready and is now out of the tournament as far as I know.

One of my cousins who is model looking good went to see the pool tournament today and she wanted a photo with THE MAN. When she asked Efren if she could get a photo of them together, I witnessed Efren leap over a table to get in the photo. Wow, the smile on Efren's face as he leaned in on my cousin was larger than the smile he had on his face when we won the DCC all around championship in 2010.

One of my good friends Danny from San Antonio got the lucky draw I was hopping I could set up with Vivian that she refused to do. He got to play Efren in his first match. Danny is a good local player, in any local tournament he is one of the guys that is expected to be in the final four. Hey Danny played well, did not miss any makeable shots but Efren dug him so deep in safeties that Danny was lucky to get two games in the race to seven.

Two local players that play my speed lost their first matches. One lost 7 to one against Jason Shaw in about 12 minutes. The other lost 7 to zero against the Black Widow. I am glad I saved my money and did not get in the tournament. Now I can spend it at Red Lobster if I can get Shane to come with me. I hear he likes Fish.

stevelomako

Needed now…more than ever.
Silver Member
And it is getting better. Today I saw The black widow and Jennifer Barreta who I have seen before in New York. Of course they were both stunning. No sign of Loree Jon or Allison. Vivian fell off of a ladder while getting the show ready and is now out of the tournament as far as I know.

One of my cousins who is model looking good went to see the pool tournament today and she wanted a photo with THE MAN. When she asked Efren if she could get a photo of them together, I witnessed Efren leap over a table to get in the photo. Wow, the smile on Efren's face as he leaned in on my cousin was larger than the smile he had on his face when we won the DCC all around championship in 2010.

One of my good friends Danny from San Antonio got the lucky draw I was hopping I could set up with Vivian that she refused to do. He got to play Efren in his first match. Danny is a good local player, in any local tournament he is one of the guys that is expected to be in the final four. Hey Danny played well, did not miss any makeable shots but Efren dug him so deep in safeties that Danny was lucky to get two games in the race to seven.

Two local players that play my speed lost their first matches. One lost 7 to one against Jason Shaw in about 12 minutes. The other lost 7 to zero against the Black Widow. I am glad I saved my money and did not get in the tournament. Now I can spend it at Red Lobster if I can get Shane to come with me. I hear he likes Fish.

Thank you for all your posts in this thread. They've been funny and insightful.

Vivian really should have asked you to help out in some way.

filluptieu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI vivian fell from a ladder setting up stuff the other day and broke her arm.

The tournament has been honestly really unorganized, which I really hate to say since I want to support this event so we have more in the future... but its true... Venue is terrible but the tables a diamonds and play well. The space is nice and not crowded. No doubt that this is SA's first time having this many great players.

stevelomako

Needed now…more than ever.
Silver Member
FYI vivian fell from a ladder setting up stuff the other day and broke her arm.

The tournament has been honestly really unorganized, which I really hate to say since I want to support this event so we have more in the future... but its true... Venue is terrible but the tables a diamonds and play well. The space is nice and not crowded. No doubt that this is SA's first time having this many great players.

That's a shame about Vivian. Hope she's doing ok.

She's a good person and I know she was working her ass off with this, I wish she would have got some good help to lighten the load.

All you can do is learn from each tournament you do and hope it doesn't take 40 years to figure it out.

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who cares about how many previous post she has. Grow up CLOWN. Look at all the top level players she's brought in to S.A. Pool is barely alive these days and your worried about how many times she says something on AZ. To bad about the fall.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Damn! Just read this. Love watching Vivian play. Great style! Hope the tournament goes smooth. I will support on PPV. GET WELL SOON TORNADO!!!

cesarmorales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About Vivian posting on azb, She is just using advertising in the most economical way. She has a ton of talent in San Antonio and it has little to do with her abuse of azbilliards.

About the location.

Negative. It is in an older part of town. The old highway to Austin with a number of adjoining businesses that are barely making a profit because the interstate highway attracts more traffic now, but you will not have to deal with traffic congestion getting to the place.

Positive. It is just north of Alamo Heights, an older neighborhood that has many of the wealthiest residents in the San Antonio Metropolitan area. It is a safe area, it is a convenient location to get to. Within ten minutes are some of the best places to eat or shop. It is ten minutes from the airport which also means there are numerous nice affordable hotels. And the best part, it is ten minutes from my house,

About the venue.

Negative. Wednesday night the men's bathroom backed up with a couple of inches of water on the floor. It was one hell of a stinking mess. They posted a monitor at the womens bathroom so they could use it for men and women. Send in a group of guys, clear them out, then a group of gals. I had to stop Efren from walking in during a gal turn but I think he may have had other motives. On Thursday that was all fixed.

The floors are bare concrete so cue balls will take a beating when flying off of the table.

This looks like an open warehouse with high exposed metal beams supporting the roof. This the the same location they have one of the local gun shows each month.

It is located behind some other businesses on Austin Hwy and it is easy to drive by it if you don't pay attention.

Positive. Half of the floor is elevated about six feet and from there you can get a good overall view of the playing area. There is a VIP area that surrounds the four TV tables. When I first got there Wednesday night I sort of figured, shit, if you don't have a VIP pass this is going to suck. But over the last two days, I have been able to get a good view of the matches I wanted to watch. There are plenty of great matches happening on the other tables. And from the cheap seats you can see the four TV matches if you try.

They have decent food and prices.

The chairs are very comfortable. At the big Galveston tournament in 2009 you sat on hard bleachers which gave me an ass ache after thirty minutes.

About it being unorganized. Yes, things are running behind schedule a little. I was sort of pissed that I only saw one round of action on Wednesday because of the slow start but that gives you more time to harass the pros with dumb questions.

I have been to many tournaments in locations across the USA and its not the most luxurious or fancy but hey, ITS ONE HELL OF A TOURNAMENT.

Last edited:

cesarmorales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thursday action at the tournament.

Shane vs Manny. If you saw it on the stream, it was hill, hill, Manny breaking and making the nine on the break. I asked Manny, how long have you been practicing that break and he said. ALL OF MY LIFE.

Lots of great matches on the other tables went hill, hill, too.

After Efren beat my friend Danny 7 to 2, Efren gets to play my other friend and local shortstop Eric. Vivian is putting up some of our best local players against Efren and he is swatting them away like pesky Flys. 7 to 2 for Eric.

Another friend played Loree Jon and got lucky beating her 7 to 6. It was hill, hill and he missed the seven ball but left her no shot. She left him long but he made it and finished her off.

My favorite match of the day. Danny plays Emily in the losers bracket. The table was right up next to the cheap seats so I had a great view. Emily was wearing some skin tight jeans with a tank top. Man, that woman is built. When she bent over to shoot it was like looking at a can of Coors light silver bullet in the fridge after working in the yard all day in the Texas heat. Absolutely mesmerizing. You know those shafts of light that emit from the can that hypnotize you and make you drool all over your shirt.

Oh, and I noticed a flaw in her stoke. I looked like right as she was following through on her hit, her left butt cheek would twitch. She plays left handed so it sort of makes sense. I don't know if I should mention it to her?

Emily had Danny down five to two and Danny comes back to four. I am thinking, yeah Danny drag this match out as long as you can for my viewing pleasure. He missed a very important shot and could have had a chance to get even but it ended up 7 to 5.

After the match Danny asked Emily if he could get a photo with her and she took off whatever was holding her pony tail in place so she could shake her hair out and it looked one of those model photo shoots. WOW.

That was it for me. It was about five pm and I called up one of my girlfriends who I knew would be getting home from work so I could show her how much I love her. I have no idea what happened at the tournament after that. :groucho:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So now the thread has gone from spam to sketchiness - not sure which is worse. Time for a cold shower, boys

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thursday action at the tournament.

Shane vs Manny. If you saw it on the stream, it was hill, hill, Manny breaking and making the nine on the break. I asked Manny, how long have you been practicing that break and he said. ALL OF MY LIFE.

Lots of great matches on the other tables went hill, hill, too.

After Efren beat my friend Danny 7 to 2, Efren gets to play my other friend and local shortstop Eric. Vivian is putting up some of our best local players against Efren and he is swatting them away like pesky Flys. 7 to 2 for Eric.

Another friend played Loree Jon and got lucky beating her 7 to 6. It was hill, hill and he missed the seven ball but left her no shot. She left him long but he made it and finished her off.

My favorite match of the day. Danny plays Emily in the losers bracket. The table was right up next to the cheap seats so I had a great view. Emily was wearing some skin tight jeans with a tank top. Man, that woman is built. When she bent over to shoot it was like looking at a can of Coors light silver bullet in the fridge after working in the yard all day in the Texas heat. Absolutely mesmerizing. You know those shafts of light that emit from the can that hypnotize you and make you drool all over your shirt.

Oh, and I noticed a flaw in her stoke. I looked like right as she was following through on her hit, her left butt cheek would twitch. She plays left handed so it sort of makes sense. I don't know if I should mention it to her?

Emily had Danny down five to two and Danny comes back to four. I am thinking, yeah Danny drag this match out as long as you can for my viewing pleasure. He missed a very important shot and could have had a chance to get even but it ended up 7 to 5.

After the match Danny asked Emily if he could get a photo with her and she took off whatever was holding her pony tail in place so she could shake her hair out and it looked one of those model photo shoots. WOW.

That was it for me. It was about five pm and I called up one of my girlfriends who I knew would be getting home from work so I could show her how much I love her. I have no idea what happened at the tournament after that. :groucho:

Love this post, one of my all time favorites! Coors Light Silver Bullet for me too!